REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 07-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #26
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Oh so he sucks now because more people like him. You don't feel special anymore for liking an 'underground' artist right? Fuck that. If the music is still good, just enjoy it. Who fucking cares if he'l popular on the radio now? Good for him! Now he can make even more good music, and get paid for it too.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i never said he sucked. i said he's overrated. thats my opinion.... props to u if ur all about the deadmau5 go listen to it
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #28
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Oh so he sucks now because more people like him. You don't feel special anymore for liking an 'underground' artist right? Fuck that. If the music is still good, just enjoy it. Who fucking cares if he'l popular on the radio now? Good for him! Now he can make even more good music, and get paid for it too.
when you hear him all day on the radio, it starts to suck.
when you go to the concerts and its full of little kids and posers like what happens when all djs get huge, it sucks.
when he changes his music to appeal to the mainstream, that sucks too.

hes not an 'underground' artist. hes mainstream and semi-pop now that hes a radio star.

his albums are all progressive radio shit and you'll only find his good work in remixes.

kind of like guetta. his new album sucks balls ever since he started collaborating with US radio artists (BEP, kelly rowland, and all the auto tune stars). his first 2 albums were killer. mainstream popularity kills good music.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
I'm not exactly sure why it's so difficult for those of you who disagree with unit to understand what he's trying to tell you people. Perhaps the word "suck" was too strong.

When an artists becomes a product, an image, a brand, they are no longer true to their art anymore. The talent is still there but are they really putting their 110% into their original art form when it's been designed, shaped, or formed in such a way to appeal to the masses? Sorry, but I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #30
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,658 Posts
to be fair to myself.. i first head about deadmau5 by one of my friends making a coment on a song on his facebook status update last summer. from there i youtubed this "dead maw five" group to see what it was. absolutely fell inlove with a few songs almost instantly. then this april, when my business started to get really successfull, for whatever reason i had ghosts n stuff on repeat in my truck (blew a window from the bass actually haha), so i associated that song with feeling good

i've never heard any of his music on the radio, because i dont listen to the radio. i didnt get 'hyped' on him because hes popular, i just listened because i liked it. his music just fits perfectly with what i listen to music for. believe it or not, some people actually like his music, not his gimmic.

and that being said, im also someone who can listen to any kind of music and not hear a single word from the lyrics, only the way the song sounds.

and i really think you need to goto one of his shows and hear the music live with his spin on it to apreciate it. his concert in kelowna had some of the best sound in a concert (especially being outdoors) that ive heard in a long time. it was almost completely different than on a stereo. and lastlly, if any of you are turned off by his music because younger kids goto his shows, you're going to the shows for the wrong fucking reason.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

you cant differentiate between good and bad electronica... his last 3 sets in vancouver were absolutely fucking atrocious. there are no name local talent djs that can play better sets while winging it

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 08-06-2010 at 02:30 AM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #32
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
i never said he sucked. i said he's overrated. thats my opinion.... props to u if ur all about the deadmau5 go listen to it
You said he's like souljaboy. That is worse than saying he sucks
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You said he's like souljaboy. That is worse than saying he sucks
BITCH I LOOK LIKE GOKU

fucking horrible.. I am actually pissed that Gucci mane and brick squad even associate with this dumbfuck..
TheStreetDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #34
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

lol
mhui is offline   Reply With Quote