REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   mom's car was hit (https://www.revscene.net/forums/619855-moms-car-hit.html)

DiiCii 07-15-2010 10:52 AM

mom's car was hit

hey guys, my moms car recently got hit this morning. she was driving along king george about to stop at a light at 108 ave. as she was slowing down, the car beside her hit the corner of her rear bumper. my mom was driving perfectly straight and stayed in her own lane. the person that hit my mom claims that my mom was "changing lanes". bullshit, why would you change lanes when you're about to stop at a light? the person was too close to my mom's car. my mom was first ahead, then he came close and slowed down then drove faster. both my mom and the owner of the other car exchanged identification and etc. the guy kicked my mom's car to make the damage look less severe and apparently it would "help". you can also see the white paint from his vehicle on my moms quarter panel. my mom was the first to arrive at icbc to claim her part and my brother went along with her too. she came home today and told me what happened, i already assumed the other person was the one wrong knowing he was trying to blame my mom for "changing lanes". i believe the damage was caused by the other guys tire rubbing against my mom's wheel well, cause it's all ripped up.. it's a $950 claim, what do you guys think of this? who's wrong?

DiiCii 07-15-2010 11:10 AM

edited** +more detail and pic will come soon

illicitstylz 07-15-2010 11:14 AM

did she take pictures on the spot of the orientation of the cars?

as in your mom's car was straight in the lane and the other vehicle was changing lanes?

Jgresch 07-15-2010 11:43 AM

it should of been obvious where the cars were sitting after the collision occurred. If she was still in her lane, then her story is fine, if she was in the other lane.... then I'm guessing she was changing lanes

DiiCii 07-15-2010 11:47 AM

no she didn't take any pictures on the spot as she had no camera with her. but i came up with a drawing of what i think happened. i also have pictures of the damage.

here's what i think happened:
as my mom and the driver next to her were slowing down, i believe the driver came close(no idea why) and when the 2 cars had contact, the driver slowed down, causing a pull on my mom's rear quarter panel. my mom said after he slowed down, he sped back up to the stop line and gestured to my mom telling her to pull to the side to discuss.
here's a drawing.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...skate/hit1.jpg

and also here's the pictures of the damage. after it was hit, the quarterpanel was pulled out more until the dumbass kicked it in to make it not look so bad.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IMAG0101.jpg
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IMAG0102.jpg

DiiCii 07-15-2010 11:49 AM

sorry, in the first picture i forgot to mention my mom's car is the beige one**

mkchoi0801 07-15-2010 12:22 PM

Remember that your destination plays a part in the investigation as well. If she had to turn right on that intersection, or if the other driver wanted to turn left further down the road, etc... ICBC will look at how the damage occurred and determine who hit who. Best of luck.

Greenstoner 07-15-2010 01:08 PM

the guy kicked your mom's car to make the damage look LESS severe ???? what?

im a bit confused

DiiCii 07-15-2010 01:32 PM

mkchoi0801: my mom was going straight, but not sure about the other driver. my mom already took it to icbc and they did a half ass investigation. D=

greenstoner: yeah cause when she was hit, part of the sheet metal in the quarterpanel was sticking out.. so he kicked it to bend it back into the wheel well.

also, does he even have the right to do that? to touch my mom's car? that's benefitting the claim on his part isn't it, since he tried to make it less severe?

Fafine 07-15-2010 01:37 PM

did your mom tell icbc that he kicked her car?

DiiCii 07-15-2010 01:49 PM

yeah but icbc still need to hear from the guy. he's for sure wrong on 2 parts: lying by blaming my mom for "switching lanes", bullshit. and also touching my mom's car right after the incident, specifically the damaged area. lastly, hope icbc determines that he's the one at fault afterall. my mom's innocent in this case, i swear. just because her english is very bad, this guy tries to act like he knows his shit. makes up bullshit saying my mom was "changing lanes".

NSX 07-15-2010 01:52 PM

Itll be fine. From the way the damage looks, ICBC will be able to determine if she was changing lanes or not, or if the guy hit her wrongfully. IMO, the damage looks accurate to what you described. Damage goes from back of car to front. So it would mean the car that hit your mom's car, was going faster, which would also mean that either your mom was stopped, or almost stopped.

my 2cents.

Fafine 07-15-2010 01:53 PM

yeah i know what you mean when my mom got hit by a car that ran a stop sign the lady kept saying my mom changed lanes, since my moms english is terrible she couldnt explain to the cop what happened. but in the end icbc ruled the lady wrong cause she ran the stop sign. different case from yours but similar since they tried to lie.

DiiCii 07-15-2010 01:58 PM

yeah, thanks guys. is it possilbe to claim twice? cause my mom went to the icbc in guildford and we wanna try going to the one in newton, maybe they'll do a better job investigating?

NSX 07-15-2010 02:01 PM

I think once ICBC does it, its off to the bodyshop, then they re-assess with the inspectors there. The initial ICBC inspection is usually pretty lax, and sometimes miss hidden damage. $1000 for your accident seems ...OK.

DiiCii 07-15-2010 02:22 PM

yeah $1000 is okay, but why do WE have to pay it? just cause this guy knows english and can lie, touch our car, and be the boss of this when he was the one who was really at fault? this guy can randomly bash other people's cars and get money out of it? especially the asian one's who don't know good english? i swear this guy's at fault, 100%. i just had a talk with my mom and the guy could've tried to turn left BUT didn't admit it. cause after they exchange identification, my mom saw the guy drive off, and he turned left. maybe he could've been shoulder checking while switching to the left lane? and when he looked forward again, bam.. my mom's car is right there?

6793026 07-16-2010 10:15 AM

diicii.. RELAXXXXXXX seriously, stop worrying. As much as I hate ICBC you have to let them deal with their job, from the paint, impact and the damage, they can tell if it's was due to some car hitting your mom's car of if it was your mom clipping someone.

if the guy doesn't show up, ICBC will issue them a letter telling them to go to the adjusters for an inspection. if they don't come, you can pressure icbc to get your car fixed and your expenses will be covered. (i'm not providing the full detail but that's the jist of it).

deductible is another thing, i'm sure they will work something out. it did seem it was their fault so you'll end up not paying.

the defendant will have to provide their case and seriously, if he's lying, they will both be able to tell instantly and then compare pictures and facts and i'm sure your mom will come out of it on top.

DiiCii 07-16-2010 03:54 PM

yeah, but this guy isn't manning up to his mistakes lol. i'm not worrying and i am relaxed xD his actions just pisses me off lol. i have his house address, anyone down for some egging?(: LOL jk =P

kokanee_vtec 07-16-2010 08:16 PM

Has this been resolved? Pics of mom?

DiiCii 07-16-2010 11:00 PM

hasn't been resolved.. yet. as the guy hasn't contacted icbc yet, or we haven't heard from icbc yet. and i have pics of the damage should be above

CP.AR 07-16-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokanee_vtec (Post 7031520)
Has this been resolved? Pics of mom?

not cool... not in the popo forum lol

DiiCii have you tried contacting ICBC yourself? Maybe a courteous call to them will give you some insight into what particularly they are looking for

DiiCii 07-16-2010 11:28 PM

naw i haven't tried contacting myself xD we'll just give it time and if the other guy hasn't contacted icbc in time, they'll have to pay

6793026 07-19-2010 03:18 PM

again, relax, after X number of months you may request ICBC to take action since you can't wait anymore (eg// u can't wait 40 months and wait patiently right?) anyhoo, the next step, iCBC will issue a formal letter and this is when it gets nasty and the guy will call back asap.