REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Your expert opinion is needed. Thank You!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/620315-your-expert-opinion-needed-thank-you.html)

mqr03 07-21-2010 05:55 AM

Your expert opinion is needed. Thank You!!

What do you think of this girls voice?
No I am not the guy in the background but I do personally know her.
Do you think she could get a record deal if the right execs listened to her demo?

Purely 07-21-2010 09:08 AM

I think she is pretty good.

Ludepower 07-21-2010 11:10 AM

nice voice...face not so much,,,

KuSouL 07-21-2010 12:14 PM

voice - wise ... perhaps

problem with people who wanna be singers these days is there's too many people who are good ... if your friend wants to go that route she better have something more than just a good voice

dachinesedude 07-21-2010 03:03 PM

true that, its more than just singing nowadays, gotta be a triple threat

sing - dance - act (or have tons of character/charisma)

Qmx323 07-22-2010 07:01 PM

With something like YouTube, you can really see talent start flowing from everywhere from anyone.

She does have a very good voice, but its not UNIQUE, there's nothing to that voice that can be marketed on, unless she can musically set herself apart from all the other talented female singers out there.

For example, Lady GaGa has a strong voice, but very similar to other commercial singers out there, hence her style has to be 'unique' to set herself apart to become successful.

Aside from those, she does have a very nice voice.

Ludepower 07-22-2010 07:11 PM

lmao you ask me for my opinion...i gave u brutal honesty.

Kingcong89 07-22-2010 07:18 PM

Based on this cover alone, ofcourse not. But maybe her whole body of work and some orginal material if it's good. It's not a matter of talent, it depends if people think they can make money selling her. tbh from this alone, i don't think they would. Doesn't mean she still can't make money doing what she's doing.

mqr03 07-22-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 7039397)
lmao you ask me for my opinion...i gave u brutal honesty.

No i asked for your opinion on her voice. Keep the ugly comments to yourself since she is my friend.

Greenstoner 07-23-2010 07:29 AM

i dont knwo about a record deal, but she sounds pretty good IMO

Qmx323 07-23-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqr03 (Post 7039596)
No i asked for your opinion on her voice. Keep the ugly comments to yourself since she is my friend.

well lets be honest here

TALENT alone doesn't get you a record deal, it gets u a spot as a backup singer.

to become marketable one needs a whole package.

2 n r 07-24-2010 02:06 AM

great voice but but but but her her face face
butterface!

ImportXxX 07-24-2010 02:17 AM

she has a good voice, but question you should be asking is would you buy her cd?

mqr03 07-24-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImportXxX (Post 7041388)
she has a good voice, but question you should be asking is would you buy her cd?

thats the dumbest question I've ever heard. Of course I would buy her cd to support her. I would probably buy 50 copies and then hand them out to my friends and then it would get her name more recognized.

woob 07-24-2010 05:12 AM

He meant that you should pose such a question to yourself: "would the general public buy her CD?"

Personally, I wouldn't. Yes, she has a good voice, but it sounds generic. And since these days it seems record deals are only going to people the PR dept can market i.e. is "hot" or has fame outside of music, regardless of voice (look at Ke$ha), or people with a really unique sound, the only deal she'll get is as a studio or touring backup singer.

mqr03 07-24-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woob (Post 7041456)
He meant that you should pose such a question to yourself: "would the general public buy her CD?"
(look at Ke$ha),

Ke$ha is fucking ugly. She is rip off of pink same style same kind of music.
At least my friend has singing talent. Not some chick who probably sold her body to get a record deal.

guddagudd 07-24-2010 11:27 AM

Why are you so mad at everyone who gives their honest opinion, are you trying to get in her pants? hmmmmmmmmmm

But she does have a really good voice, and I do hope she gets somewhere in life.