REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Suspicious Person/Vehicle at Playground (https://www.revscene.net/forums/621440-suspicious-person-vehicle-playground.html)

Speed2K 08-03-2010 11:49 PM

Suspicious Person/Vehicle at Playground

Monday afternoon, we brought our niece to a school playground to play on the jungle gym. After playing for about 1/2 hour I noticed an older model Ford SUV; it's not uncommon for cars to drive through a residential neighbourhood but what caught my eye was the driver. He seemed to be staring at my niece as he drove by. I observed this because my niece was running ahead of me to play hopscotch, I was watching her and the car was in my line of site. The truck continued on so I didn't think much of it at the time. Then a few minutes later I saw the truck yet again, this time I was 4 feet away from my niece and he still appeared to be looking at her. I watched him drive down the street and saw that he made a u-turn; he drove back up and parked beside the area that we were playing in. At this time I thought it was time to high-tail it outta there! Walking back to the car I took note of his licence plate, couldn't see what the driver was doing though b/c of the glare on his windshield. I wrote down the details of his car, then drove off while his car remained parked. Do you think this situation warranted a call to the police (non-emergency line?) or am I just too paranoid? Granted I didn't have any substantial evidence, only my gut feeling.

yamahar6 08-04-2010 12:25 AM

I would call it in, better safe then sorry

xilley 08-04-2010 01:40 AM

i agree with yamahar6
sometimes you just got to follow your instinct

ninjatune 08-04-2010 06:16 AM

There's not too much suspicious activity described here. The call-taker could have run the plate to see if the vehicle was local to that neighborhood. Depending what city you're in an officer may or may not attend.

Inaii 08-04-2010 06:47 AM

Not too much suspicious activity? Really?
Posted via RS Mobile

TheNewGirl 08-04-2010 08:46 AM

I would call it in. Also next time you see something like this, snap a picture (thanks to camera phones most of us can do this quickly and easily).

I've done this before when I've been at the park with my child and seen things that make me uneasy.

underscore 08-05-2010 06:04 PM

was there anyone else at the park he may have been looking at?

I say paranoid.

Volitaire 08-05-2010 07:28 PM

Call it in, there are lots of pedos in the LMD..

Speed2K 08-05-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 7056818)
was there anyone else at the park he may have been looking at?

There were only 3 people in the park.

vafanculo 08-06-2010 12:41 AM

Maybe what you thought was looking at your neice he was really looking past her to find an address?

But yea, you were the one that noticed the behavior. Good job for leaving though. Never know.

What city?
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 08-06-2010 01:39 AM

Call it in. I live in front of an elementary school. This sort of stuff happens ALL the time where the police end up informing us the people who have been reported were/are offenders. Children don't need this, especially at a playground, park, and/or school.

skidmark 08-06-2010 11:33 AM

Yes, I agree, call it in. You never know what the information might be useful for. It could easily solve outstanding cases.

Inaii 08-06-2010 02:21 PM

Better to be paranoid than ignore it imo. Too many cases of children going missing like that.
Posted via RS Mobile

GLOW 08-06-2010 04:02 PM

call it in and let the professionals decide what to do with the info. it could be a pedo violating terms of their probation

Speed2K 08-06-2010 11:04 PM

^that's what I'm thinking too! Even though a few days has past I guess I'll call to give the info to the police tmrw.

Speed2K 08-06-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 7057366)
Maybe what you thought was looking at your neice he was really looking past her to find an address?

But yea, you were the one that noticed the behavior. Good job for leaving though. Never know.

What city?
Posted via RS Mobile

Ummmm, no! It was actually at the side of a school playground. Basically it was a wall/side door behind her.

It was in Vancouver.