REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Fitness world vs Goodlife Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/621738-fitness-world-vs-goodlife-fitness.html)

one6o4 08-07-2010 01:01 PM

Fitness world vs Goodlife Fitness

ty

Timewav3zer0 08-07-2010 07:35 PM

Fitness world is kinda pricey...I pay around 47 a month but its a pretty nice place to workout
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 08-07-2010 07:48 PM

You may not even like working out after a while, so don't sign up to a two year agreement anywhere yet..

Not answering your question but maybe try finding a good recenter to start off.
Posted via RS Mobile

quips 08-08-2010 11:17 AM

I've had a membership at Fitness World for about 8 years. It's an okay gym. Look for a gym with the most free weights and plate loaded equipment if you are looking to bulk up. Fitness World can get pretty crowded at times.

one6o4 08-10-2010 09:18 AM

Yeah ^ That's why i'm thinking of considering GoodLife Fitness instead. Does anyone have membership here? If so could you please let me know your experiences?

I've checked out Fitness world and as a student on a student budget, I think it's quite a bit, it's sort of like a corporate gym where people can talk and go on the internet, watch tv and do cardio etc

Any experiences?

hud 91gt 08-10-2010 09:21 AM

I am a Goodlife member in Victoria. It's a good gym (they are all different). I moved from Ottawa, and I had a membership there. it's nice that basically where ever you go in Canada there is a Goodlife(Just coming to BC and AB now). It's not cheap, I pay around $50 a month. But the facilities are nice and clean.

one6o4 08-10-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 7062519)
I am a Goodlife member in Victoria. It's a good gym (they are all different). I moved from Ottawa, and I had a membership there. it's nice that basically where ever you go in Canada there is a Goodlife(Just coming to BC and AB now). It's not cheap, I pay around $50 a month. But the facilities are nice and clean.

Are you on a student membership? $50 for a student sounds like quite a bit..

hud 91gt 08-10-2010 07:11 PM

No, i'm on a family membership. A normal one is around $60 I believe. Student membership, I have no idea.

one6o4 08-12-2010 11:40 AM

Yeah normal is $60, which is quite alot, considering Fitness World is around $48. I think student membership now is around $28 / 28 days, pretty good deal I guess

BT 08-12-2010 11:03 PM

Im currently doing the free teen membership at Northgate Goodlife. It's a great gym with a huge space and lots of equipment and weights so space is never really an issue. The free teen membership is from 8 am to 4 pm and you can use it anyday, with last check in at 3pm. But even then, the gym is a 24 hour gym and the place never seems empty. A lot of people but it rarely affects your workout. I'd say if your unsure you should call them and ask them to sign up for the free teen membership... you just need to go in and do an orientation for 30-45 minutes before they give you your free pass. Might as well take advantage of it while its still here and while your still eligible. And plus, it'll give you a chance to check it out for yourself.

one6o4 08-13-2010 12:01 AM

^ Yup I signed up. I have orientation on Saturday to attend to, and after that I can get my free pass. How long have you been working out? Ever since this promotion started or what?

I should be able to start on sunday but it'll be halfway over already. And are you planning to get paid membership as a teen after this is over? I'm seriously considering it. The 28$ / 28days seems like a great deal

BT 08-13-2010 01:36 AM

Yeah I'm there nearly everyday now and its convenient cause its free. Only possible downside to the teen membership is that your allowed only two hours maximum each day to workout. When you go in they'll take your card and mark down the time and when your done you just come pick it up from them. Either way I'm sure your love it here.

And as to the your second question, I doubt I'll be getting a paid membership come September mainly just because of school and the fact that I can workout at the university gym. 28$/28 days is really good though considering the normal membership there I believe is at least 40 a month.

one6o4 08-13-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BT (Post 7066448)
Yeah I'm there nearly everyday now and its convenient cause its free. Only possible downside to the teen membership is that your allowed only two hours maximum each day to workout. When you go in they'll take your card and mark down the time and when your done you just come pick it up from them. Either way I'm sure your love it here.

And as to the your second question, I doubt I'll be getting a paid membership come September mainly just because of school and the fact that I can workout at the university gym. 28$/28 days is really good though considering the normal membership there I believe is at least 40 a month.

What's your main goal? Bulking up from being skinny or what? I'm really keen on purchasing the membership when it comes around, when I took the tour of the gym, it looked like a really nice and clean facility. Tons of equipment and free-weights, not much people either.

Thanks for your input on the gym.

sonick 08-13-2010 01:52 PM

Just go to a community center

hal0g0dv2 08-13-2010 03:41 PM

make sire w/e gym u use they have, full rack dun bells, squat racks even better if they have more then one, bench incline and flat, kettle balls good hammer strength machines also