REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   Evolution Wheels-Surrey (https://www.revscene.net/forums/622057-evolution-wheels-surrey.html)

Burvs 08-11-2010 09:05 AM

Evolution Wheels-Surrey

Just thought everyone should know before they go to these tards for any kind of help. They ordered a very respected bcdsm member the wrong wheels, which ended up scraping up his fenders. The member had no knowledge of offsets and the shop assured him they were the right wheels, even after he called them and told them they were the wrong offset and they did not work on his car whatsoever. They stopped returning his calls, and didn't offer any kind of refund or assistance in getting the right wheels. they told him he could return the wheels for a 45% restocking fee (ya right).

Basically they are a wheel shop that doesn't know how to order the right wheels...so you may want to go elsewhere when looking for some new shoes for your baby cause these guys have no idea what they are doing.

fliptuner 08-11-2010 09:39 AM

It's one thing if a customer orders specific dimensions - then it's on him.

But if he told the shop he wants a set that will fit his car without rubbing/requiring fender rolling or pulling, that should be on the shop.

Burvs 08-11-2010 09:49 AM

Yea this guy is a mechanic so when he saw the rims they specified for him he even asked them if they were sure this offset worked on his vehicle. They assured him it would work.
I mean even the kid at kal-tire could have figured this one out.

mpr 08-11-2010 10:00 AM

some pictures would help to clarify it more and how badly is it scraping the fenders?

I assume the car is lowered substantially with a low offset wheels. Was this mention when he bought the wheels? I don't see why a low offset wheel will scrape on the fender if it is stock height.

Also, when the wheel/tire was mounted to the car, did he not see that it will rub? and still proceed in driving the car till his fender is all scraped?

2.5i913526 08-11-2010 11:47 AM

Well, this sounds like a one sided story thus far.

Burvs 08-12-2010 09:38 AM

I don't personally have pictures. But they sold him wheels with a 35mm offset for a stock mazda 6 which has a 50mm offset. The wheels went on the car, but if you hit any kind of bump, they rub and scrape the fenders. This car is not lowered or anything, it is pretty much a completely stock mazda 6. Regardless all i am saying is he went in and asked for wheels for his mazda 6 and they gave him the wrong wheels and still are not admitting that the wheels don't work on a mazda 6.

S1 S2 08-12-2010 10:07 AM

Width of the wheels and tires? I'm assuming it's only rubbing the rear fenders? Nth a little fender rolling can't fix.
Posted via RS Mobile

Jgresch 08-12-2010 10:18 AM

hes not lowered and hes scraping liek crazy with a 35 offset?

Are the wheels 22x13?

Burvs 08-12-2010 12:22 PM

he tried rolling the fenders, but he is still getting some rub as well as tire wear. He is now going to sell the wheels I believe as evolution will not help him out.

fliptuner 08-12-2010 03:17 PM

Post the wheel dimentions and tire size.

I'm pretty sure stock tires on that car are 215 or 225/50/17.

If he went waaaaay bigger (dia. and width) on the wheel, he'd have issues but even something like a 19x7 up front with rubberband tires shouldn't rub with a +35mm offset. I mean the difference is only 1.5cm, which isn't much over stock.

sil_fourty 08-16-2010 02:12 AM

Seems like buyer error...

I cant think of any circumstance except maybe being bagged with hella stretch in which your rim would hit your fender...so i'm going to assume you mean the tire is hitting the fender.

In which case the only thing that would make sense is that he's running ridiculous diameter wheels or unnecessarily large rubber.

If i'm not mistaken the mazda 6 runs 18x7.5ish...the 15mm diff in offset definitely should not be enough to rub.