REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   Anybody know anything about installing suspensions? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/622204-anybody-know-anything-about-installing-suspensions.html)

riCewu 08-12-2010 06:38 PM

Anybody know anything about installing suspensions?

I have a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe, I just bought Koni Yellows + H&R Sports. I'm looking for someone to install instead of bringing it to a shop. I'll obviously pay, just give me a price. PM me.

I can come to you or you can come to me, don't matter. Preferably around Vancouver/Burnaby.

Thanks in advance.

G-spec 08-12-2010 06:43 PM

just take it to a shop man, you will actually save money, or just DIY it.
If you want a guy workin on your car for half the day then sure do that, but you can get a shop like Garage 5 to install your suspension super quick and super cheap ! they installed my front springs one time in like 30 minutes and I think it was like $80 after tax.

how much you think a guy who works in your garage for a few hours is gonna wanna charge you

a proper shop has all the right tools to get the job done super quick, just make sure it's a respectable shop like some of the sponsors on here and not some shop out to rip you off.

I would personally recommend Garage 5 because when I was lookin to get this done, every other shop I called wanted $200 + and G5 did it for under $100, and did it SUPER fast !

I now can do everything myself cuz I got the right tools, but even then it takes quite a few hours for me to do it

shenmecar 08-12-2010 07:32 PM

Would you rather pay a shop $100-200 for installation and if you have problems, you can go back to get things checked/fixed. Or less than $100 to some backyard mechanic who is long gone after your installation?

riCewu 08-12-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 7065964)
just take it to a shop man, you will actually save money, or just DIY it.
If you want a guy workin on your car for half the day then sure do that, but you can get a shop like Garage 5 to install your suspension super quick and super cheap ! they installed my front springs one time in like 30 minutes and I think it was like $80 after tax.

how much you think a guy who works in your garage for a few hours is gonna wanna charge you

a proper shop has all the right tools to get the job done super quick, just make sure it's a respectable shop like some of the sponsors on here and not some shop out to rip you off.

I would personally recommend Garage 5 because when I was lookin to get this done, every other shop I called wanted $200 + and G5 did it for under $100, and did it SUPER fast !

I now can do everything myself cuz I got the right tools, but even then it takes quite a few hours for me to do it

That's true, but G5 wants $180 out of me. Actually Wayne from G5 wants $187.50 out of me. LOL! That's why I'm comtemplating, I don't know, I mean if ever I have problems I could always go back. If only I knew somebody who knew somebody that works at one of the respectable shops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 7066025)
Would you rather pay a shop $100-200 for installation and if you have problems, you can go back to get things checked/fixed. Or less than $100 to some backyard mechanic who is long gone after your installation?

You have a point. :thumbsup: Still want to know my other options though. Wish I knew more people who loves cars and can hook me up with a good price.

Overseas Auto1 08-13-2010 07:36 AM

go to Comptech Performance, they have a alignment machine there and they can install for $250

TheSalesman 08-13-2010 08:30 AM

^ the guy didn't wanna pay 180....I don't think hes looking for a place thats more expensive...

sil_fourty 08-16-2010 02:05 AM

Are the springs mounted on the strut already. If so its a mindless quick job even for a backyard mechanic.

ajax 08-16-2010 02:59 AM

Pm'd!
Posted via RS Mobile

Gearheads EK9 08-19-2010 11:46 PM

We can do your install and align it after in house. PM me if you want a quote.