REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
reporting drug activity and car scam sale

Two issues I need answers about please, only posting here because I exhausted my resources trying the "appropriate channels"

I will try and provide a brief explanation and keep it short, first is reporting neighbourhood drug activity, and the second is car related.

First issue is the drug issue, I've been noticing regular drug drop offs in my parents neighborhood always to the same house, few times a week for a long time now, it's intensified recently however. Known drug users living inside the house as it has various tenants, also the owner lives upstairs and knows everything that's going on but refuses to do anything about it, (all he seems to care about is rent)

there is I count over 5 tenants living inside the household, and this includes the garage. I know personally one female tenant that lives there and talk to her on occasion, she is very very nice and confirms the various drug and prostitution activities happening inside. She is stuck there because she can't afford to live anywhere else right now.

In any case, aside from the clockwork drug drop offs and various shady people hanging around, I also suspect there is a meth lab inside the garage due to the strong chemical burning smell that takes over the whole neighbourhood every few months out of the year.

I called the non emergency line telling them of a possible meth lab knowing how dangerous meth labs are, and can blow up at any moment, also mentioned the drug drop offs I have personally witnessed dozens of times, and the lady on the phone seemed completely uninterested, I was shocked...
all she said is the next time I see a crime happening to call and I quote "a cop car" yea.... she told me to call a cop car when I see a crime happening and they would come and check it out.
thinking ok great, so next time I see a guy drive past through the alley and make the drug exchange with the tenant, a process that takes anywhere between 10 seconds and 1 minute total, I'm to call "a cop car" and waste police resources and tax payer money blatantly because by the time the cops get here the process will have been long over.

I honestly thought they would want the info I give them and maybe they would set up some kind of surveillance as minor as it may be, at least some kind just to check it out and confirm, because I'm 100% sure of what I'm saying, like I said the female tenant living inside can confirm the drug and prostitution activities taking place, and though she's not allowed in the garage she definitely suspects a drug lab inside as well.

the main reason this all pisses me off is because my little brothers and a bunch of other neighborhood kids play in this area every day, last thing I want is some kind of drug related shooting or a drug lab blowing up, so yea I'm pretty pissed off, and even more so after speaking to the RCMP officer over the phone, she literally didn't give a flyin fudge sack about anything I had to say.

Oh and almost forgot, the cherry on the cake seems to be perfectly fitted to whats going on, because as I said the drug activity has increased over the last little while, and coincidentally also has the break in rate of cars. 4 cars have been broken into in the last 2 months, and that's more than any of the last 2 years combined. It's the crackheads trying to feed the habit, I actually saw one of them last week in broad daylight doing the crack walk up and down the street my guess is looking for an easy car to break into.

Second is the car, my parents bought a car from a person, the car broke down engine blew within a week and now they went back to the same address to talk to the owner and they had someone else open the door and say nobody by those names live there. So they are obviously lying, and also a phone call was made to the old number of the owner and they totally denied selling any car to my parents or any transaction happening.

the paperwork with the info is all in my parents hands, they just don't know who to talk to or what to do currently.
Advertisement

Last edited by G-spec; 08-18-2010 at 10:18 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
First case, call the 911 line when you see the drug transaction or when you smell the chemical smell. Besides that, there is little to nothing they can do because it is all he said she said. But call enough and something will be done.

Second case, it is always buyer beware when buying a used car. Sucks to hear about the blown motor, but unless the car was stolen or written off, there is little the police will do. The guy can easily say the car was working fine and your parents or you or your siblings ruined the motor by over reving it or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

In the second case you could take them to civil court, it would probably cost as much as the car.

In the first case, I second the 911 call when you see a crime taking place.

Also you may want to contact your city bi-law office and report the smell and your fire hazard concerns. Bi-law officers in many municipalities have insane powers to enter a premisis with out warrent in the event that there's a say 'fire hazard'. It has to fit a potential bi law enfraction, what ever you report. Lastly, email your mayor and city council, ask your neighbors to do the same. Make them crazy until they do something about it or lean on the authorities to do so. (We had a crack house condemned in my old neighborhood this way).
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

1) If you see transactions going on, see if you can get pictures of cars' plates and times that they go to and from the place. Get the name of the lady you were talking to and see if she will corroborate with your story. It will back you up since she lives there. Also, if there are burning smells, report it as well. Let the police know where it's coming from, when, etc.

If you have plate numbers, there may be a chance that the police will run them and there may be a chance one or some will pop up.

As for the car buying, there is nothing you can do. Owner to owner private sale is buyer beware. Your parents should've had the car checked with full compression test done BEFORE buying the car. I bought one last year and the motor spun a bearing in a week, then I found out it was because the last owner worked on it and fucked it up, and mickey moused it.

At this point, your parents can either fix it, or dump it. Also, if you really want to pursue it, ICBC has information of when the car's insurance and ownership was transferred from last owner to current. As well as if you provide a bill of sale for the transaction. If it was done as a Gift Car basis, a written letter would've had to be signed by previous and current owner at time of transfer. HOWEVER, if that's what was done, then you won't get any money for it, since it was signed over as a "gift".

Good luck
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #5

Oh, also, you can try to ask your questions regarding your neighbourhood issue with Sho_BC, Zulutango, or the Head mod SkidMark. I believe they are all police officers
Old 08-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
First case, call 911 back and say you saw several men entering the house with handguns.

They will be there in two minutes.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
With small time drug deals cops won't care.

I had a tenant who had been only renting for 2 weeks and then he diapered. In his place were two hookers selling drugs. One day a put on a hoodie turned on my MP3 players mic and knocked on the washroom window (ground floor apartment) and talk to a chick and she let me in to the apartment. I asked how much she said 20 but she had to take a shower first. I said I just wanted a quick hit and she said let be get the pipe. I stood up took of the hood and told them I was the manager and was calling the cops. The freaked out and started packing. I called the cops and they said they already new who the people in the apartment were. Then they threatened to arrest me for trying to buy drugs. The two chicks left and the cops did nothing.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
First case, call 911 back and say you saw several men entering the house with handguns.

They will be there in two minutes.
if you call the police and anything involving guns is mentioned they will swarm the place like its a mexican fiesta

Last edited by skidmark; 08-18-2010 at 04:48 PM.
XxFcukxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Retired Traffic Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Oh, also, you can try to ask your questions regarding your neighbourhood issue with Sho_BC, Zulutango, or the Head mod SkidMark. I believe they are all police officers
This post is the best way to do that.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
Retired Traffic Cop

Quote:
First case, call 911 back and say you saw several men entering the house with handguns. They will be there in two minutes.
Not smart. It's called public mischief and is a criminal offence.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
I hope no one is stupid enough to do this. Sapping vital emergency resources out of an entire area because of an allegation over the sale of drugs is beyond stupid.

I would document the times, visitors, and licenses, combined with photographs, then bring them to an RCMP detachment. Present your case like an intelligent individual. Don't burn bridges (i.e. calling in fake gun threats) with those you're trying to get help from. If the police still don't care, take it to city hall.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
Retired Traffic Cop

Crystal Meth BC pretty much says "call the police." I would add Crimestoppers, the Bylaw Enforcement and perhaps the Fire Department to the list of who might be interested to hear from you.

If you are not getting the interest you think you should from the local police, you can certainly complain about it. We've discussed that in this forum more than once already.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
User Number 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I hope no one is stupid enough to do this. Sapping vital emergency resources out of an entire area because of an allegation over the sale of drugs is beyond stupid.
People are stupid enough to do that, and they get charged, 911 is fully recorded and logged to the specific location, or nearby areas in the case of a cellphone.

Call the police station and ask for the drug tip line, give the information, it will be investigated. It's prioritized based on how good the info is and how many different people provide info. They may already be investigating, these things sometimes take weeks of work before it can get to the level of a search warrant. You will never notice it until the day they kick in the door.

It sounds you may have spoken with a new municipal switchboard employee, unfortunately like everywhere else there is high turnover and not everyone knows all the different sections / areas to direct information properly.
Volitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Two issues I need answers about please, only posting here because I exhausted my resources trying the "appropriate channels"

I will try and provide a brief explanation and keep it short, first is reporting neighbourhood drug activity, and the second is car related.

First issue is the drug issue, I've been noticing regular drug drop offs in my parents neighborhood always to the same house, few times a week for a long time now, it's intensified recently however. Known drug users living inside the house as it has various tenants, also the owner lives upstairs and knows everything that's going on but refuses to do anything about it, (all he seems to care about is rent)

there is I count over 5 tenants living inside the household, and this includes the garage. I know personally one female tenant that lives there and talk to her on occasion, she is very very nice and confirms the various drug and prostitution activities happening inside. She is stuck there because she can't afford to live anywhere else right now.

In any case, aside from the clockwork drug drop offs and various shady people hanging around, I also suspect there is a meth lab inside the garage due to the strong chemical burning smell that takes over the whole neighbourhood every few months out of the year.

I called the non emergency line telling them of a possible meth lab knowing how dangerous meth labs are, and can blow up at any moment, also mentioned the drug drop offs I have personally witnessed dozens of times, and the lady on the phone seemed completely uninterested, I was shocked...
all she said is the next time I see a crime happening to call and I quote "a cop car" yea.... she told me to call a cop car when I see a crime happening and they would come and check it out.
thinking ok great, so next time I see a guy drive past through the alley and make the drug exchange with the tenant, a process that takes anywhere between 10 seconds and 1 minute total, I'm to call "a cop car" and waste police resources and tax payer money blatantly because by the time the cops get here the process will have been long over.

I honestly thought they would want the info I give them and maybe they would set up some kind of surveillance as minor as it may be, at least some kind just to check it out and confirm, because I'm 100% sure of what I'm saying, like I said the female tenant living inside can confirm the drug and prostitution activities taking place, and though she's not allowed in the garage she definitely suspects a drug lab inside as well.

the main reason this all pisses me off is because my little brothers and a bunch of other neighborhood kids play in this area every day, last thing I want is some kind of drug related shooting or a drug lab blowing up, so yea I'm pretty pissed off, and even more so after speaking to the RCMP officer over the phone, she literally didn't give a flyin fudge sack about anything I had to say.

Oh and almost forgot, the cherry on the cake seems to be perfectly fitted to whats going on, because as I said the drug activity has increased over the last little while, and coincidentally also has the break in rate of cars. 4 cars have been broken into in the last 2 months, and that's more than any of the last 2 years combined. It's the crackheads trying to feed the habit, I actually saw one of them last week in broad daylight doing the crack walk up and down the street my guess is looking for an easy car to break into.

Second is the car, my parents bought a car from a person, the car broke down engine blew within a week and now they went back to the same address to talk to the owner and they had someone else open the door and say nobody by those names live there. So they are obviously lying, and also a phone call was made to the old number of the owner and they totally denied selling any car to my parents or any transaction happening.

the paperwork with the info is all in my parents hands, they just don't know who to talk to or what to do currently.
From my experience of drug dealing, cops will not do very much to stop them unless their business interferes and create public danger. Police now a days have become more understanding that these junkies need their dope and these dealers are just there for the money. If these junkies are not getting them, they will be all around the streets looking for dealers to pick them up. If they are already under controlled, in their house, in their shack, or in the back alley, it's less fuss and work for the police to deal with. Like I said, if it's not creating public danger or if nobody else (even the renter of the house) in the neighbourhood is reporting to the police, they won't do much.

My advice to you is, identify the car and license plate and the next time you see a transaction happening, call the cops with the vehicles information and report that there was a disturbance in your neighbourhood about drug dealing and that you personally went outside and discussed with the dealer and got into an argument, bullshit that he threatened you if you don't stop with the interference. Have another friend or family do the same and call the cop, tell the cop they live in the neighbourhood as well.

If you can get more of these reports in, police will always do routines in your area.

If lucky, they will catch the drug dealer and conduct an illegal search, which will be useless in court if the driver is charged with anything anyways.

Even if that dealer is put away, another will come because that house provides business. That area will be heated out for the dealer so transactions will be made in a different way, maybe up the street more, in the back, etc.

Police can put away all the dealers on the street, but it will not stop drug dealing. Because the people who are providing the drug will keep on looking for more workers. The easiest drug dealing that makes a lot of money and get away with is dial-a-dope. You get pulled over, you swallow it. Illegally searched evidence are useless in court. Only way to really put these guys away is if the junkie is an undercover, which drug dealer now a days can easily tell the difference and avoid. They get their customers into the car and drive away to complete the deal, which undercovers are not allow to do. Or they go into their customer's house. Nothing is done through the car's window anymore to avoid the risk of being nabbed.

And if you're worried about shooting, it's very less likely in my opinion because it's nothing worth shooting over. Unless the transactions you're talking about is dealer to dealer selling kilos of drugs. If it's drug drop off, I highly doubt there will be shootings. There will be fighting though.

Last edited by mr_chin; 08-18-2010 at 06:34 PM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:00 AM   #15
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
From my experience of drug dealing, cops will not do very much to stop them unless their business interferes and create public danger.
How is an explosive meth lab not dangerous?

Quote:
report that there was a disturbance in your neighbourhood about drug dealing and that you personally went outside and discussed with the dealer and got into an argument, bullshit that he threatened you if you don't stop with the interference. Have another friend or family do the same and call the cop, tell the cop they live in the neighbourhood as well.
As mentioned above, that's public mischief.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #16
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volitaire View Post
People are stupid enough to do that, and they get charged, 911 is fully recorded and logged to the specific location, or nearby areas in the case of a cellphone.

Call the police station and ask for the drug tip line, give the information, it will be investigated. It's prioritized based on how good the info is and how many different people provide info. They may already be investigating, these things sometimes take weeks of work before it can get to the level of a search warrant. You will never notice it until the day they kick in the door.

It sounds you may have spoken with a new municipal switchboard employee, unfortunately like everywhere else there is high turnover and not everyone knows all the different sections / areas to direct information properly.
That is what I was going to suggest as well. The other section possibly interested would be a Property Crime Unit.

Quote:
From my experience of drug dealing, cops will not do very much to stop them unless their business interferes and create public danger. Police now a days have become more understanding that these junkies need their dope and these dealers are just there for the money. If these junkies are not getting them, they will be all around the streets looking for dealers to pick them up. If they are already under controlled, in their house, in their shack, or in the back alley, it's less fuss and work for the police to deal with. Like I said, if it's not creating public danger or if nobody else (even the renter of the house) in the neighbourhood is reporting to the police, they won't do much.

My advice to you is, identify the car and license plate and the next time you see a transaction happening, call the cops with the vehicles information and report that there was a disturbance in your neighbourhood about drug dealing and that you personally went outside and discussed with the dealer and got into an argument, bullshit that he threatened you if you don't stop with the interference. Have another friend or family do the same and call the cop, tell the cop they live in the neighbourhood as well.

If you can get more of these reports in, police will always do routines in your area.

If lucky, they will catch the drug dealer and conduct an illegal search, which will be useless in court if the driver is charged with anything anyways.

Even if that dealer is put away, another will come because that house provides business. That area will be heated out for the dealer so transactions will be made in a different way, maybe up the street more, in the back, etc.

Police can put away all the dealers on the street, but it will not stop drug dealing. Because the people who are providing the drug will keep on looking for more workers. The easiest drug dealing that makes a lot of money and get away with is dial-a-dope. You get pulled over, you swallow it. Illegally searched evidence are useless in court. Only way to really put these guys away is if the junkie is an undercover, which drug dealer now a days can easily tell the difference and avoid. They get their customers into the car and drive away to complete the deal, which undercovers are not allow to do. Or they go into their customer's house. Nothing is done through the car's window anymore to avoid the risk of being nabbed.

And if you're worried about shooting, it's very less likely in my opinion because it's nothing worth shooting over. Unless the transactions you're talking about is dealer to dealer selling kilos of drugs. If it's drug drop off, I highly doubt there will be shootings. There will be fighting though.
Don't listen to him.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #17
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
Not smart. It's called public mischief and is a criminal offence.
Well, of course it was just a tongue in cheek comment, and not real advice...

But for the sake of argument, what if you called and said you just saw some men enter the drug house and it LOOKED LIKE they may have had handguns? It's going to be next to impossible to prove it was an outright lie instead of bad eyesight or just a simple mistake of what you thought you saw.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #18
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
This is a good neighborhood, close to Central park, nice houses around here nothing ghetto about it. EXCEPT the one house there black sheeping the whole neighborhood.

What I'm mainly afraid of is there is a lot of kids playing around here and anytime there's various drug activity going on in a house, it's just a matter of time before something happens. That's pretty much the only reason I have become this concerned citizen, because of the kids.
And also all the car break ins that have happened recently is a direct result of more crackies living in the house and trying to feed their fix.

I got no plans on going over there talking to them because I don't want to have any sort of confrontation with any of the crack heads in there. Crack heads are capable of literally anything, they wouldn't care if you were John Gotti, they will not fear fckin right back with you they're so cracked out. So I got no plans to talk to any of them or tell them nothing, I just ignore them.

My mom told me last night she had previously called Vancouver Coastal Health numerous times over the last year about the chemical burning smell coming from the house, and nothing came of it whatsoever.

I will try calling the Police Crime Stoppers tip line and voice my concern, and see where that takes the situation.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #19
Banned (BBM)

sounds like u are really getting frustrated that no one is doing a god damn thing about these drug dealers

sucks to hear that
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Would be a shame if a random Molotov cocktail just fell out of the sky and landed on the crackshack's roof...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
This is a good neighborhood, close to Central park, nice houses around here nothing ghetto about it. EXCEPT the one house there black sheeping the whole neighborhood.

What I'm mainly afraid of is there is a lot of kids playing around here and anytime there's various drug activity going on in a house, it's just a matter of time before something happens. That's pretty much the only reason I have become this concerned citizen, because of the kids.
And also all the car break ins that have happened recently is a direct result of more crackies living in the house and trying to feed their fix.

I got no plans on going over there talking to them because I don't want to have any sort of confrontation with any of the crack heads in there. Crack heads are capable of literally anything, they wouldn't care if you were John Gotti, they will not fear fckin right back with you they're so cracked out. So I got no plans to talk to any of them or tell them nothing, I just ignore them.

My mom told me last night she had previously called Vancouver Coastal Health numerous times over the last year about the chemical burning smell coming from the house, and nothing came of it whatsoever.

I will try calling the Police Crime Stoppers tip line and voice my concern, and see where that takes the situation.
I think i know which house you are talking about.... is it right on the corner ?
XxFcukxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #22
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Would be a shame if a random Molotov cocktail just fell out of the sky and landed on the crackshack's roof...
When I lived over by metrotown, some kind soul did us the favor of tossing a molotov cocktail into the local crack house and getting rid of it for us. I am pretty sure it was one of the dads of over of the girls who got sucked into it. Who ever it was they made the neighborhood a little quieter.

That said I would NOT want this to happen to a methlab. It could take out 3 or 4 houses with it.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #23
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Do this^
Then this

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxFcukxX View Post
if you call the police and anything involving guns is mentioned they will swarm the place like its a mexican fiesta
Kingcong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #24

It's time to form the RS Pitchfork Mob.

Or we can set up a "meet" there. heh heh.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #25
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp190/FindStuff2/TV/The%20Simpsons/simpsons-mob-torches.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote