REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Notice & Order Box 3 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/623531-notice-order-box-3-a.html)

fsy82 08-30-2010 08:45 AM

Notice & Order Box 3

Ok I've searched the forum for some information on my dilemma at the moment and didnt come up with anything. I'm selling my car and the interested party wants the car as is. Last night I got a notice and order box 3 to repair the defects in 14 days (exhaust). Now the buyer wants the car as is and said the notice and order box 3 follows the plate of the car. Is this true? I could fix it but if he wants the car as is am i responsible in fixing it? And does it only follow the plate cause I intend to cancel the plate once sold.

k2a1314 08-30-2010 09:54 AM

figure out how u think u got this notice. if you got pulled over and checked, it shud be an instant notice (correct me if im wrong), or it might be from air care... which shouldnt be the case.

If he knows that there is such notice and still buys the car, dont bother repairing it as you have notified him the problem exists. If he does not wish to buy it until its repaired, then it is up to u if u still want to commit to this deal

that said i also have no clue if it follows the plate, usually things on a car follow the car's history

fsy82 08-30-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2a1314 (Post 7085612)
figure out how u think u got this notice. if you got pulled over and checked, it shud be an instant notice (correct me if im wrong), or it might be from air care... which shouldnt be the case.

If he knows that there is such notice and still buys the car, dont bother repairing it as you have notified him the problem exists. If he does not wish to buy it until its repaired, then it is up to u if u still want to commit to this deal

that said i also have no clue if it follows the plate, usually things on a car follow the car's history

I know what a box 2 is where you must take it to an inspection facility but she was being nice and said I'm only going to give you a box 3 notice which entails to show the peace officer at any detachment that the defects have been fixed. This has nothing to do with aircare as she stated the exhaust was too wide.

sho_bc 08-30-2010 10:14 AM

A box #1 and #2 will follow the vehicle, a box #3 will not. You'll note that on a Notice and Order ticket, we write down all the vehicle information down, including a partial VIN. A vehicle with an outstanding box #2 or box #1 Notice and Order shouldn't be allowed to be re-registered and re-insured, though I found one recently that had been.

fsy82 08-30-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 7085643)
A box #1 and #2 will follow the vehicle, a box #3 will not. You'll note that on a Notice and Order ticket, we write down all the vehicle information down, including a partial VIN. A vehicle with an outstanding box #2 or box #1 Notice and Order shouldn't be allowed to be re-registered and re-insured, though I found one recently that had been.

Yeah I'm looking at my ticket right now and the peace office did not write a Vin # on the ticket. She saved me a lot of hassle and I just didnt wanna screw her around by not complying. But if what you are saying is correct then its okay to transfer the vehicle without any problems.

fsy82 09-03-2010 01:44 PM

Just an update. I went to the Surrey detachment by Surrey City Hall and the officer cleared my ticket without checking my vehicle. All he asked was did you get the stuff fixed and I said yes. He signed the ticket and sent me on my way.