REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Six Outrageously Overpriced Items (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624312-six-outrageously-overpriced-items.html)

MelonBoy 09-10-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q0192837465 (Post 7096992)
I never get the point of bottled water, especially in BC, where the water is as clean as u can get anywhere in the world. Tap water tastes just the same, if not better, than bottled water. Some ppl say it's convenience but how do u get more convenient than grabbing a cup & turn on the tap? I just dun get it.

I bring our own pop and snack to theatre all the time, that's what my gf's bag is for.

As for greeting cards, I spent time using photoshop to design make my own cards. I'm sure whoever receive my card will appreciate a custom made card more than a generic off-the-counter card. The card itself is not important, it's the thought behind it that counts. If u think otherwise, u can suck my dick.

Id have to disagree with you on the tap water taste.. I personally can taste the difference in the water sometimes coming from bottle vs tap.. Not all the time but tap water sometimes has this odd taste to it..

I usually boil my water and bottle it (taste different then when i buy a bottle) but then it saves money and its not like the water taste bad.. it just taste different a bit.

Ikkaku 09-10-2010 12:52 AM

imo boiled water tastes like crap, I like my water cold.

Senna4ever 09-10-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 7098890)
Honestly, if developing a good palate means not wanting to drink tapwater anymore...I'll stick with the not so good palate.

As long as you don't go to any AYCE sushi places, I'll still consider you my friend. :)

Meowjin 09-10-2010 02:50 AM

cables overpriced

apparently cell service regardless of plan costs 15 dollars including marketing/wages etc.

Drugs.

Apple Products.

Doubl3_H 09-10-2010 04:49 AM

if you live in an older house with copper pipes, then i wouldn't drink the water from the faucets.

TRDood 09-10-2010 07:23 AM

1. Icbc insurance
2. Parking fees

Most of the items mentioned are luxury items. I am not saying driving is a necessity, but owning a car in Vancouver cost much more compared to other places in Canada
Posted via RS Mobile

hotjoint 09-10-2010 07:30 AM

^ :thumbsup:

Hondaracer 09-10-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubl3_H (Post 7099146)
if you live in an older house with copper pipes, then i wouldn't drink the water from the faucets.

Copper pipes are fine, it's the old solder they used on much older houses that is no good
Posted via RS Mobile