REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   money transporters (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624463-money-transporters.html)

m4k4v4li 09-10-2010 01:33 AM

money transporters

kind of off topic but do you have to be a cop to work for a money transporting company? what type of weapons are the guards usually armed with and how many are usually working at a given time

i just watched takers and on the way home they were moving money out of the bank near my house and it was just one guy walking out with a huge bag over his shoulder. is it handcuffed to him or something? how often do they get jacked up?

just out of curiosity lol

hchang 09-10-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.churchillarmouredcar.bc.ca/Careers.aspx
Churchill Armoured Car Service is currently seeking highly motivated, dedicated, mature, and physically fit, team players; interested in working in the high security cash transport industry.

For many Churchill team members, their experience with us has led to future opportunities in occupations such as: Police, Corrections, Customs or Sheriff's Department. Many of our past employees have attributed their choice to join Churchill as a positive influence during the recruiting process with various policing and government agencies. Churchill is committed to employment equity, and is an equal opportunity employer.

Applicants who join the Churchill team will have the opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging environment, where your ideas are valued and your effort and skills are acknowledged. Churchill is a laterally structured organization so that exceptional employees have every opportunity for advancement, and making a greater positive contribution to the benefit of all.

Applicants who are successful in the recruiting process and become a member of the Churchill team can earn the following benefits:

Fulltime employment from start date.
A progressive wage scale.
Churchill covers the cost of uniforms & Body armour.
Paid training.
Medical and Dental Benefits.
Non-Union Team Environment.
Churchill is always looking for new team members. We offer a variety of positions, such as:

Armed Guards
Messengers
Drivers
Vault Tellers
Coin Processors
TRAINING
Churchill provides all new, armed employees, with a comprehensive 9-day in-house security-training program. Successful completion of this training is a mandatory condition of employment. All candidates are trained by certified JIBC Firearms / Use-of-Force Instructors.

Benefits: Churchill is an industry leader in terms of wages, benefits and working conditions.

Extended Medical for employees and dependants.
Dental coverage for employees and dependants.
Life Insurance and Disability Benefits.
RECRUITING PROCESS
1. Submit Application: If all the basic requirements are met, the candidate may submit an application, which must have all applicable information listed.

2. Management Interview: During this interview your application will be reviewed and the applicant will be questioned on all aspects relative to potential suitability. Questions are primarily behavioral - based, and require the applicant to provide specific example of behavior demonstrated in the past. At the end of the interview a decision will be made whether or not to move the applicant on to the next stage.

3. Criminal History Check: Prospective applicants must submit to a pre-employment criminal history search and fingerprinting prior to moving on in the application process. Successful applicants will be reimbursed for the cost of this service, should they be successful in the recruiting process and hired. Applicants with a valid BC Security License will not be required to participate in this portion of the recruiting process. Please follow the link provided for further information. Commissionaires Website.

4. Lifestyles questionnaire: Successful applicants will be required to complete & submit a lifestyles questionnaire for review before moving on to the next step.

5. Polygraph Examination: The applicant will be required to participate in an employment interview conducted with the aid of the polygraph instrument to determine the suitability for employment. The polygraph is a pre-employment tool used to verify the applicant's truthfulness about their personal history, qualifications, and integrity. A Certified polygraphist conducts the polygraph examination.

6. Background Check: In this phase of the selection process the participation of the applicant is very limited. Before reaching this stage you will have been given a background questionnaire to complete. It is important that you are as accurate as possible. This will aid Churchill in completing the background check, which will consist of interviews with present and past employers and personal references.

7. Final Interviews: a member of the management team will conduct a final, in-depth interview. In this phase management will review the applicants progression throughout the selection process, detailing polygraph results, job suitability, and an overview of training. Considerable discussion will focus on work expectations and on the applicant's opinion on a variety of subjects, which each applicant will be required to answer to determine if a suitable character exists. Once this stage is completed a decision will be made and an offer for employment may be offered.

No, you don't have to be a cop to work for a money transporting company.

Guards are usually armed with a nine millimeter.

My friend who works for an armoured truck company always works with a partner. I think it's up to the company to decide and put up their own policy to see how many people they put on per shift/vehicle. I heard that some companies send out two people during the day, because there is more cash to be handled, but only one person at night. I personally don't understand why it works like this, I would think it's more dangerous at night.

The bag I believe they wire it around the shoulder. Being "jacked up" isn't too common here, my friend's never been jacked up. But he has heard stories, and they do happen sometimes, but you just don't always hear about it in the news.

Here's two links to two seperate armoured truck services locally in Vancouver.

http://www.g4s.ca/en-ca/
http://www.churchillarmouredcar.bc.ca/

Hope this helps.

impactX 09-10-2010 02:40 AM

Almost sounds like someone is planning something.
Posted via RS Mobile

xilley 09-10-2010 03:18 AM

^ hahaha what i thought too

sho_bc 09-10-2010 10:48 AM

I've never seen an armored car with less than 2 people, with one person usually left with the vehicle. They will occasionally carry shotguns as well.

underscore 09-10-2010 04:39 PM

When I worked at Superstore, there would always be 2 guys that would come and load up the cash machine, one would be working on it and the other would be watching him.

TekDragon 09-10-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 7099719)
When I worked at Superstore, there would always be 2 guys that would come and load up the cash machine, one would be working on it and the other would be watching him.

They're doing it wrong then. Should be one loading the cash machine, one watching to ensure the area stays secure.

underscore 09-10-2010 07:04 PM

^ sorry, that's what I meant, poor choice of words. Some co-worker or another told me that apparently if you get too close, the guy watching will lay you out lol.

TheStreetDream 09-16-2010 05:01 PM

^ Not true, I walked pretty much into one at midnight on first and renfrew, one guy was in the bank bringing out money bag and the guard just moves his shotgun from pointing down to somewhat pointing to my thighs, look like hes ready though, didnt do anythign threatening, said hello to me and i said hello back :P