REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Les Stroud's "Beyond Survival" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624611-les-strouds-beyond-survival.html)

murd0c 09-11-2010 11:30 PM

Les Stroud's "Beyond Survival"

Well by the request of TOS'd and since SkinnyPup hasn't made it yet I thought I would make a thread about Les Stroud's New series Beyond Survival.

http://lesstroud.ca/beyondsurvival/

Since Survivor Man has basically shown everything it can Les came out with a new series which he goes around the world and spends a week with a tribe and see's how they have been surviving in the 21 century.

It's on Sunday's at 5pm on OLN with a repeat at 8pm I believe and the first episode was the Devil Dancers of Sri Lanka. It showed the tribe going hunting and they found a bee hive in a tree and they calmed the bee's down by just blowing on the hive and they were able to get the honey combs with out getting swarmed. And one part he has this chewing tobacco type plant which got him really high.

It's a really unique show if you see it on what it you won't be disappointed.

Armind 09-12-2010 12:52 AM

Always liked his shows, any info on this new series? Show time and date?

TOS'd 09-12-2010 12:55 AM

Sunday's at 5pm on OLN with a repeat at 8pm.

You missed it in the first post.

murd0c 09-12-2010 12:57 AM

I even posted a link with all the info for the new series. Did you even read anything I posted? LOL

TOS'd 09-12-2010 01:01 AM

hey murdoc, the website lists "episodes" but it lists 10. i only found 3 episodes online to download. does he cover more than 1 tribe per show or something?

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2010 01:31 AM

2nd best show on tv right now imo. Although Survivorman is better, It's still cool to see how humans basically existed in the last thousands of years. I found it interesting that the first thing the hunters did when they caught the porcupine was cook them up, dress the corpses, then start eating all the fat. And 2 times we saw them go after honey as if it were a drug.
Posted via RS Mobile

murd0c 09-12-2010 01:33 AM

nope It's only one tribe per show like survivor man. It's a new show so I'm sure hes still in the process of filming more. Tomorrows episode is THE SEA GYPSIES OF MALAYSIA.

guddagudd 09-12-2010 09:20 PM

haha i just saw an episode of this, it was the african plains one. pretty cool show, but i was kind of sad that he didn't eat any gross things. :(

TOS'd 09-12-2010 09:25 PM

Watched the first one only so far. Pretty good shop, was disappointed they didnt really show them hunting for game with their bow thingys.

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2010 10:05 PM

The problem with REAL reality TV is that sometimes those things don't actually happen. If you want excitement and don't mind watching a phony, then you can watch some Bear Grylls ;) he'll be hunting fake game, eating gross stuff, and drink his pee for your entertainment.
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 09-12-2010 10:07 PM

^ I already said I liked Les Stroud over Bear Grylls. It was just that during the episode they made those bows and I was looking forward to seeing them use it, I was just disappointed they never had any clips of catching animals. Still a great show and episode nonetheless.

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2010 11:16 PM

I know, I just had to take the opportunity to make fun of Bear Grylls :D
Posted via RS Mobile

guddagudd 09-13-2010 10:37 AM

Bear Grylls is still pretty hardcore though, I mean squeezing water out of shit to drink... I give him props man.

6793026 09-13-2010 11:01 AM

Bear Grylls is the BIGGEST BS in town. this show is freaking fake as heck and I hate him.

I gave up watching after first eposide when it's sooo fake.

Quote:" Mark Weinhart was hired as a consultant to the show and said that it's mostly fake. He said that in an episode where Bear is supposed to be camping in the mountains and biting the heads off of snakes, he was actually spending nights in a hotel complete with jacuzzi and internet access. In another episode where Bear was supposed to be stranded on a deserted island, he was actually staying in a hotel in Hawaii. HA! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0_-7gbXbY&feature=fvw
Les on the other hand is awesome, i had a buddy on another forum emailing him many years ago, (before he got famous) and he actually responded with tips.

underscore 09-13-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7102332)
^ I already said I liked Les Stroud over Bear Grylls. It was just that during the episode they made those bows and I was looking forward to seeing them use it, I was just disappointed they never had any clips of catching animals. Still a great show and episode nonetheless.

Well, him + the cameras might've thrown off the prey? It'd depend on how they hunt, trying to find episodes meow.