REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   never to early to think about it....... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624638-never-early-think-about.html)

Vangruver 09-12-2010 11:42 AM

never to early to think about it.......

Yes, snowboard/ski season is close and right around the corner.

I got my catalogs in the mail, I've been given some invites to product previews, and thinking about where I'm going to ride this year.

I'm basically your seasonal poster. Never really do I come here to chat about anything else.

I'll have gear for sale closer to the season as I get more in the mail.

have ant of y'all gotten yourselves focused on your winter legs? Have any of you thought about your gear you want to shred on?

And the main question I want to ask, for all you guys wanting to learn to ride better, what is it that you want to focus on? Tricks/riding switch/jumps/rails/etc?

Oh and I'll post new threads about video premiers and sample sales as I hear about them!

Let's be friends! :)
Posted via RS Mobile

LYC 09-12-2010 12:57 PM

Already pre ordered my Jones hovercraft and I'm looking to spend the full season in either Whistler or Northern Japan.

So stoked for the season to start.

TOS'd 09-12-2010 01:03 PM

If i could spend the whole season up in whistler i totally would. But too much $$$$$.

turb0triX 09-12-2010 01:31 PM

What's a good beginners-immediate board?

Alpine50 09-12-2010 04:46 PM

Anyone know much about cypress? Someone I know wants to go Monday cuz it's free for girls which is bs so Ima make her buy me something or gas up the ride lol. But is it really packed?
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 09-12-2010 06:26 PM

^ Every Monday? I never heard of that before.

Alpine50 09-12-2010 06:57 PM

maybe not cypress she said one of the mountains? she could be wrong i dunno i never heard that either

Vangruver 09-12-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 7101868)
Anyone know much about cypress? Someone I know wants to go Monday cuz it's free for girls which is bs so Ima make her buy me something or gas up the ride lol. But is it really packed?
Posted via RS Mobile

your friend must be thinking of the Seymours "guys night out, girls ride free" on mondays during the season.

It's a great day, but the mountain has it's limitations.

while it's HUGE on fun, and hits and rolling terrain it's small on chair lifts and HUGE on line ups.

Seymour is a small mountain with 3 chairs, two on the lower portion and one on the higher peak, which closes at 3 pm. The 2 chairs on the lower hill are doubles, and they are fixed grip doubles, and seeing is how seymour is family orientated hill, there are a lot of people that are "learning" so getting on and off the chair is a challenge for them.

So while you're on the chair.....it slows and stops quite frequently.

and that's that.

Alpine50 09-12-2010 10:47 PM

Oh ok..... I'll probably go if I can
Posted via RS Mobile

phreshnphunky 09-22-2010 07:43 PM

Where is Vangruver?

Says that user was banned? WHY?

alex.w *// 09-23-2010 12:30 AM

going to upgrade the bindings this year

thinking of the yellow ride revolt or ride Delta MVMNT to match my ride dh snowboard from 2010.

also going to get a new jacket