REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   need diagnose (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624730-need-diagnose.html)

gdoh 09-13-2010 07:40 AM

need diagnose

so about 2 weeks ago my gsr started giving me problems, and its gotten pretty bad. its very hard to shift into gears sometimes i have to put into another gear before it will let me put it into the one i want. when it is not moving and i have the clutch in with it in gear i can hear the gears catching. at first it was only 1st and 2nd now they all do this. i dont think its the clutch because it still picks up speed relativley well, maybe my transmision? syncromesh?

plz help me/recommendations thanks in advance

taylor192 09-13-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7102689)
so about 2 weeks ago my gsr started giving me problems, and its gotten pretty bad. its very hard to shift into gears sometimes i have to put into another gear before it will let me put it into the one i want. when it is not moving and i have the clutch in with it in gear i can hear the gears catching. at first it was only 1st and 2nd now they all do this. i dont think its the clutch because it still picks up speed relativley well, maybe my transmision? syncromesh?

plz help me/recommendations thanks in advance

I assume you have a manual, when was the last time you had it flushed? My last manual was shifting badly and had almost lost 3rd gear (synchros). Flushing it and replacing with a synthetic ATF, like Redline, improved shifting and got back 3rd gear for the most part.

gdoh 09-13-2010 09:23 AM

i changed my transmission fliud at arround 200k and its almost 220 now

taylor192 09-13-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7102793)
i changed my transmission fliud at arround 200k and its almost 220 now

What did you change it to? synthetic ATF makes a difference.

If it was your clutch you'd notice it slipping. Sounds like you might be at the end of your tranny's life. Mine went at 280K kms, yet I learned on it and beat it to hell.

Raid3n 09-13-2010 09:54 AM

if it is a manual car, it could be that your clutch master or slave is leaking slightly, so your clutch isn't disengaging entirely. check your fluid, is it low or dirty? when it gives you that trouble, put it in neutral and pump the clutch a few times, does it work any better/worse?

gdoh 09-13-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raid3n (Post 7102847)
if it is a manual car, it could be that your clutch master or slave is leaking slightly, so your clutch isn't disengaging entirely. check your fluid, is it low or dirty? when it gives you that trouble, put it in neutral and pump the clutch a few times, does it work any better/worse?

cant be just recently replaced both

yes its manual

clutch doesnt seem to be slipping like i said still pulls pretty good

main thing is difficulty of putting into gears fuckin grinded few times cause of it
im the 3rd owner dont know how bad they beat it but ive been relativley rough on it

any places to buy tranny??recommend for best prices and what not

gdoh 09-14-2010 05:33 AM

any places to buy tranny??recommend for best prices and what not

TheSalesman 09-14-2010 03:13 PM

are you sure you bled the system? You might have changed the fluid but you might have air in it. Did you do this yourself?

Gearheads EK9 09-14-2010 09:19 PM

What kind of transmission fluid is in the transmission? Sythetic atf is not for manual transmissions. If you do need a price on a tranny or a rebuild, please feel free to pm me.
Posted via RS Mobile