REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Dating a coworker (https://www.revscene.net/forums/624993-dating-coworker.html)

liukb 09-15-2010 07:37 PM

wa

Has a

v.Rossi 09-15-2010 07:57 PM

I have then we broke up things were awkward after. Which isn't a surprise, but jobs come and go. I would definitely not do this if it's your career though.
Posted via RS Mobile

BorLorBao 09-15-2010 08:11 PM

Most of the people I know try to avoid dating co workers. Or you get together once one of you leaves that job. You can give it a shot and experience it for yourself? Maybe it will turn out great? Make sure there is no strict rule in that workplace forbidding this though.

!Nhan 09-15-2010 08:31 PM

don't shit where you eat

edit: just realized that's for dating someone who works at a restaurant, but you get the idea

iam_dan 09-15-2010 09:14 PM

back at my old workplace, everyone dated each other....shiz
most of them were in different departments though

just make sure you and the other person can stay professional, and keep your personal stuff out of the workplace

there were a lot of jokes, teasing and pranking on dating workers at my old workplace too. lol.

liukb 09-15-2010 09:28 PM

wait

!Nhan 09-15-2010 09:40 PM

if it's just a job then go for it

turb0fr3ak 09-15-2010 09:45 PM

I met my future wife at my work place. We do work at different departments but often see each other. In the beginning we kept it secret but then people catch on because we lived in the same city and carpooled. Co-workers would tease but we both kept it professional and did not share any information regarding our relationship. It’s working out great, because we see each other as often as we wanted. We have been together for 4 years now and I do see other co-workers date and not make it. It can get uncomfortable. In the beginning we both had doubts, but we had good communication and openness.

hotjoint 09-16-2010 07:04 AM

Nothing wrong with it, just be professional and be prepared for the worse if you break up. If you can deal with that then it's all good.

TheNewGirl 09-16-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liukb (Post 7106537)
Has anyone ever done this? How has it worked out for you if so?
looking on some input on this, thanks

I think this depends hugely if you have a 'job' or a 'career'.

If you have a 'job' I say go for it, many of the happy couples I know met in the work place during their younger days.

If you have a 'career' don't risk it. It's your long term stability and well being at hand and and that's something you don't want to fuck up.

Her I take the opportunity to refer everyone to Chris Rock who will educate us all on the differance.

guddagudd 09-16-2010 01:26 PM

Yea this can be very awkward if you 2 break up, but then if you somehow manage to stay friends afterwards then it should be fine. It's just like dating in highschool, you break up with that person, it's bound to get awkward, but if you two remain friends then it's ok.

Inaii 09-16-2010 01:37 PM

I've done this before. We're no longer friends and haven't spoken in about 2 years. It was very awkward at work (we both worked at a club). He would get jealous when guys hit on me, but I was fine with girls hitting on him. Made him seem more attractive imo. But if we fought it made things REALLY weird at work. So you have to accept the risks and either go for it or ignore it.
Posted via RS Mobile

bigrig 09-16-2010 04:34 PM

in high school, i dated some slut i worked with.

it started off with her flirting and trying to get my attention, dated for about 2 years on and off, but fuck, it was horrible at work. our drama would always be on discussion between other co-workers, if she was mad at me, she would DEF show it at work.

it got so bad that when we broke up, we actually yelled at each other numerous times in front of customers. eventually, i quit cuz i couldnt stand seeing her slutty face anymore, and she got fired because she was a headcase

i guess the only good thing was sex on the table in the lunch room, changeroom, produce department, dairy cooler lol

FerrariEnzo 09-16-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Nhan (Post 7106615)
don't shit where you eat

haha cant agree more...

trust me, i did that.. been with my girl for 9 years.. 6 of those years, we worked and lived together.. it was tough...

wuuhoo 09-16-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrig (Post 7107681)

it started off with her flirting and trying to get my attention, dated for about 2 years on and off, but fuck, it was horrible at work. our drama would always be on discussion between other co-workers, if she was mad at me, she would DEF show it at work.

it got so bad that when we broke up, we actually yelled at each other numerous times in front of customers. eventually, i quit cuz i couldnt stand seeing her slutty face anymore, and she got fired because she was a headcase

i guess the only good thing was sex on the table in the lunch room, changeroom, produce department, dairy cooler lol

I think I just puked lol

asian_XL 09-17-2010 05:50 AM

it fucking sucks if she's in the same team. You have to watch out every of your own movement in the office, whatever you say whatever you do, she's monitoring you.

stress level is 100X

hotjoint 09-17-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrig (Post 7107681)

LMAO

MrGoodbar 09-19-2010 10:18 PM

If you do date someone from work, keep it discrete. I did at one point and we kept it a secret for the longest time and for the most part, people thought we were just friends when we left work together. We decided not to sit with each other during lunch break or hang out too closely and it worked out just fine. Keeping quiet is probably the best way to keep work drama to a minimum

corollagtSr5 09-20-2010 05:23 AM

don't dip your pen in company ink

buddy 09-21-2010 09:26 AM

I've dated at least one girl from almost every single job I've had, call me lazy but I found it's the easiest way to meet girls and the most neutal way to get to know people is to work besides them ...

maybe I've always managed to handle the break-ups maturely, or maybe I am "lucky" I am just simply not such a great guy that worth any girl going all crazy over breaking up ...

anyhoo, I just love flirting at work ...

v.Rossi 09-21-2010 11:14 AM

Yeah flirting at works the best, whether it's customers or coworkers. school is an easy one to pick up girls too.
Posted via RS Mobile

Psb1 09-21-2010 11:50 AM

why do so many people fall into the trap of dating coworkers.
Is it really that hard to find someone outside of social circles, work, online?

Dating coworkers is one of the dumbest things because like most relationships these days, breakups are inevitable. Then it just gets silly seeing the person everyday. Oh talk about awkward peoples...