REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Ticket violation for stopping at a bus stop (https://www.revscene.net/forums/625029-ticket-violation-stopping-bus-stop.html)

Durrann 09-16-2010 09:06 AM

Ticket violation for stopping at a bus stop

Last night i received a violation ticket in the mail that I was unaware of at first
for stopping at a bus stop.
The date on the ticket was approximately 2 weeks ago and I recalled what I was doing that night.

I remember just dropping off a friend at his apartment...and there was a nearby bus stop.
it went like this
I stopped. He got out of the car. and I drove away.

that was it!

And somehow I got a violation ticket for that. I'm not sure how he/she had time to copy down my car info in time..could've followed us????

But I did not see anyone around at that time that would hand me a ticket. I didnt get no warning or nothing.

Can I Dispute?!

ninjatune 09-16-2010 09:59 AM

If it's a bylaw ticket it's probably so cheap it's not worth disputing. If it's a provincial violation ticket from a peace officer you have the right to dispute, however judging by what you just said, that you did actually stop, you probably won't win.

Durrann 09-16-2010 10:02 AM

yeh its $50 dangit
but i mean its not the money its just
for something so stupid
i dont want to let it slip LOL
no warning at all..damnit

ninjatune 09-16-2010 10:13 AM

Can't always get second chances...

Durrann 09-16-2010 10:16 AM

but this never happened to me before LOL
this was 11PM at night haha
BS right
oh well thats life

Dragon-88 09-16-2010 01:07 PM

Yeah unfortunatly bus stop are not stopping period. So your pretty much SOL that you got caught. I see this happen lots as my window is right infront of a bus stop, I see people get ticketed all the time.. People even try to complain but seriously is says no stopping.

jlenko 09-16-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 7107232)
no warning at all..damnit

What, the signs on either end that tell you "no stopping, bus only" weren't enough warning?

:rofl:

gars 09-16-2010 07:51 PM

yep, no stopping at bus stops doesn't meant it's "no stopping for more than 10 seconds". I know tons of people who get them. Next time, pull up past the stop, or pull into an alley.

Durrann 09-17-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 7107872)
What, the signs on either end that tell you "no stopping, bus only" weren't enough warning?

:rofl:

I guess u abide by the rules at all times good job man
Posted via RS Mobile

jlenko 09-17-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 7109136)
Posted via RS Mobile

Well, I'm not the one with the ticket to pay now, am I? :thumbsup:

gars 09-17-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 7109136)
Posted via RS Mobile

hehe, the difference is that a lot of people break the rules. but some groups will just pay the price if they get caught because they KNOW they broke the rule. Others will go onto revscene and post about it because they don't actually believe they broke any rules...

johny 09-17-2010 04:46 PM

next time slow to 2km/h and have him jump out.

Durrann 09-17-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 7109213)
Well, I'm not the one with the ticket to pay now, am I? :thumbsup:

good boy!

slammer111 09-18-2010 10:06 AM

I got a dumbass ticket like that once too. Pulled up in an alley downtown, took an old PC out of my trunk and put it into an electronics recycling dumpster literally 5-10m away, ran back to my car (other side of a wall) to find a $50 ticket on my windshield wtf. The charge? Stopping in the alley without a commercial vehicle sticker on my car. I left my car for no more than 30s. The guy must've been watching, sprinted to my car while punching in my info, then sprinted off.

Now I just landfill my computers haha. (j/k) Sucked it up and paid it. Not worth the trouble. But now I always double-check to make sure no ticket dood's nearby.

BallPeenHammer2 09-19-2010 12:11 AM

I at one time was on Broadway by Burrard, visiting a client. I was parked right outside his store, and had money in the meter. Then there was an accident (3 car rear ender) right beside my car, in the next lane. I rushed out, to find the driver in the middle badly hurt, so I checked him out, moved him out of the car (smoke was filling up inside) and stabalized him (I have some first aid training, etc). I called the police and ambulance, checked all the other vehicles to make sure the occupants were ok.

I went back to my car. I got a ticket. LOL

Totally didn't see the meter maid AT ALL.

illicitstylz 09-19-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 (Post 7110730)
I at one time was on Broadway by Burrard, visiting a client. I was parked right outside his store, and had money in the meter. Then there was an accident (3 car rear ender) right beside my car, in the next lane. I rushed out, to find the driver in the middle badly hurt, so I checked him out, moved him out of the car (smoke was filling up inside) and stabalized him (I have some first aid training, etc). I called the police and ambulance, checked all the other vehicles to make sure the occupants were ok.

your ass just got ninja'd lol

Jer3 09-26-2010 03:18 AM

Quote:

wow thats brutal...

Oleophobic 09-26-2010 12:50 PM

^
now that's just terrible

FN-2199 09-26-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 7107250)
but this never happened to me before LOL
this was 11PM at night haha
BS right
oh well thats life

Good on you for shrugging it off, unlike most of the other members on this board :p

Soundy 09-26-2010 01:32 PM

Next time, make sure you're driving an old VW van... which were also commonly known as a VW BUS. Then you can claim you were ALLOWED to use the BUS STOP :D

jlenko 09-27-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

That'll teach you not to be a Good Samaritan ever again, eh Danny?