REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   Water leak in trunk (https://www.revscene.net/forums/625414-water-leak-trunk.html)

B-DiZzLe 09-20-2010 03:09 PM

Water leak in trunk

Can somebody recommend me a shop that fixes water leaks in the trunk? After heavy rain I find my trunk mat and board all wet. It doesn't leak in moderate rain, just heavy rain. I checked the weather strip and taillights but couldn't find anything. I have a 2003 mustang gt convertible. There is no water on the walls of trunk just the mat and the board.

Any ideas where I can bring it? I tried fixing it myself and it's too frustrating so I'm just gonna pay to get the job done.
Posted via RS Mobile

HondaGuy 09-20-2010 05:43 PM

I too had the same problem on my GFs car, an import not a mustang.
I bought it to AK Autoworks 604.688.6378 ask for Khang Manager, took some time but they traced it to where the slight gap was where the water seeped through.
The issue was near the antenna hole.

I had a 1999 mustang for a short period before and notice that oftentimes water go through the retractable arm area but unsure thats your problem.

Good luck with the search.
Posted via RS Mobile

B-DiZzLe 09-20-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 7112788)
I too had the same problem on my GFs car, an import not a mustang.
I bought it to AK Autoworks 604.688.6378 ask for Khang Manager, took some time but they traced it to where the slight gap was where the water seeped through.
The issue was near the antenna hole.

I had a 1999 mustang for a short period before and notice that oftentimes water go through the retractable arm area but unsure thats your problem.

Good luck with the search.
Posted via RS Mobile

Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at the arm I haven't checked that yet. How much and how long did ak take to fix the leak and where was it leaking from?
Posted via RS Mobile

HondaGuy 09-20-2010 08:24 PM

Not long, a day or two since I was getting the car fixed for other reasons.
Ive dealt with AK many years and their staff is knowledgable.

Best way IMO would be pour water over top and trace where water could lead to??
Just an idea.

Good luck!!
Posted via RS Mobile

B-DiZzLe 09-20-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 7113042)
Not long, a day or two since I was getting the car fixed for other reasons.
Ive dealt with AK many years and their staff is knowledgable.

Best way IMO would be pour water over top and trace where water could lead to??
Just an idea.

Good luck!!
Posted via RS Mobile

Thanks! Yah I have tried standing there with a hose and spraying the car for 5 mins to 10 mins and the trunk is absolutely dry. I've tried opening the trunk and hose down the trunk railings too and it's dry. Thanks for the help! I'm gonna try ak.
Posted via RS Mobile

Truenosan 10-05-2010 10:50 AM

Throw a friend in the back (one you might not like too much) and start hosing.

Wait till he/she starts screaming, then start to pinpoint the leak. A bodyshop would be doing the same thing, and most won't be able to quote you an exact amount since it is hard to tell how much it would be actually figure out the leak/repair it.