REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Just another one of those situations (https://www.revscene.net/forums/625931-just-another-one-those-situations.html)

king23 09-26-2010 11:02 AM

Just another one of those situations

Pretty typical situation...

So I was waiting in line to get into a movie... and saw the girl that I'm kinda crazy about with another guy.
It's not like they explicitly did anything, but if I was going to chance a guess.. they were probably going out.

The shitty thing is that I was definitely going to ask her out in the next couple of days... now I just don't know.

Here comes the stupid question...:

What do you think I should do?

!Yaminashi 09-26-2010 11:04 AM

I think you should ask anyways. You've got nothing to lose
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 09-26-2010 11:04 AM

You would have asked her out anyways right? Pretend you didn't see what you saw and follow thru.
Posted via RS Mobile

king23 09-26-2010 11:14 AM

Yeah. I guess so. Thanks guys.

She did turn this one guy down like 12 freakin times I think?

Can't get any worse than that...just askin' her once.

v.Rossi 09-26-2010 12:13 PM

this one is a no brainer. one, don't mention the guy. two, if it gets brought up act as if it didn't get to you.

in a calm voice over the phone, don't be a wimp and text. hear her voice, for any slight hesitation etc. anyways:

"hey how's it going?"
her: blah blah blah, just at work blah blah
"nice(don't say good) seeing you, what movie did you and your bf end up watching?" <-ask this, you have to. it's indirectly asking if they're together,
her: the town, it was alright blah blah. it was it was nice seeing you too!!! whats up? how are you? =)
"so how loyal are you to your boyfriend?" <- simply joke around, say this in the right voice.
her: hey LOL, don't say that! don't make me tell him!!
"haha, i'm just messing around. do you tell him absolutely everything?"
her: yes i do, he's my boyfriend and i love him. <- zZZzzZZzZZzzz, idfc
"must sound like a broken record, haha" <- the killer
"anyways i'm doing great(even if you're not dont give off shitty vibes and say life sucks), thanks. anyways maybe when you decide to drop your boyfriend give me a shout. see you around"

shows complete confidence, shows you're in no rush therefore you have self-control, and challenge. you're not being an asshole by saying this, you're only being an asshole when you keep pressuring her even though she has a boyfriend and already implied NO.

you should've said "hey" when you saw her, just to show that seeing her with him didn't get to you. then go back talking to your friend/buddy. man up, she's not your girlfriend so you cant be poutting. don't give any stupid ultimatums though because that shit does not work.

find out if that really is the boyfriend though, you don't want to boost a girls confidence up by asking her out while she's alreaady dating someone. nothings more annoying than a girl that thinks she's the fucking shit, when she's like 6-7/10.

call her on a sunday - thursday. friday - saturday you're busy, idc if you're jacking off and playing wow. she doesn't need to know specifics. sunday - thursday, call after 5/6. don't want to catch her at work.

if you keep chasing her while she's with him, depending on your game i think you'll probably end up in friendzone so keep communication to a very minimum.

king23 09-26-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.Rossi (Post 7120584)
you should've said "hey" when you saw her, just to show that seeing her with him didn't get to you. then go back talking to your friend/buddy. man up, she's not your girlfriend so you cant be poutting. don't give any stupid ultimatums though because that shit does not work.

find out if that really is the boyfriend though, you don't want to boost a girls confidence up by asking her out while she's alreaady dating someone. nothings more annoying than a girl that thinks she's the fucking shit, when she's like 6-7/10.

if you keep chasing her while she's with him, depending on your game i think you'll probably end up in friendzone so keep communication to a very
minimum.

Good stuff..

Yeah. I realize now that I fucked up.
Should have at least said something when I saw her. I think I was visibly a little rattled. I just turned my attention back onto friend after I waved.

Abt finding out if she really has a boyfriend...
We do work with each other, so what's the risk on asking some of the co-workers that are a bit closer to her?

Good idea or am I shooting myself in the foot?

v.Rossi 09-26-2010 01:15 PM

co-workers talk, you ask them they'll tell her. one of them will always tell her, then she'll know that she's on your mind even when she's not with you... which is most definately not the objective.

realize that if you like her and work with her, it can be a hit or miss. you can fuck it up, fuck up the friendship and have it completely awkward afterwards or it could just be neutral. but it'll never be the same.

can you handle rejection while working with the rejector? some can, some can't. i say leave work, strictly business & professional. i don't care if you're flipping burgers, you're getting paid to flip burgers not to mack on co-workers. balance the thinking with the head on your shoulder and the other head. of course, flirt here and there. no harm, no foul.

don't ask a female co-worker/friend for advice either, that'll just give you the runaround. asking a female about another female will be a complete dud. they don't even understand each other.

Gumby 09-28-2010 08:13 AM

^
This guy has it all figured out! :D

MrGoodbar 09-28-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7120517)
I think you should ask anyways. You've got nothing to lose
Posted via RS Mobile

I agree, the dude she was with could have been her gay friend. Just sayin'

TomBox_N 09-28-2010 07:01 PM

Damn, vRossi is the man.
Posted via RS Mobile

buddy 09-29-2010 08:15 AM

man up and ask away ...

ask = 50 / 50

not ask = 100% no go

winson604 10-03-2010 12:47 PM

This also teaches you that if you want something then go for it. I have no idea why you didn't ask earlier. That said, you are assuming she is going out with this guy so just go for it the worst thing that can happen is she said no. That way you have no regrets and don't need to come back onto RS stating what if? Good luck homie!

Kingcong89 10-03-2010 12:56 PM

ask her to a the movie you saw her at.

unperfection 10-03-2010 01:18 PM

lol Damn V.Rossi, as much as I hate to admit it, that shit works. It's flirting without crossing any lines and definitely shows that the guy is interested with confidence, not desperate with lust. Well played. Well played.

DanHibiki 10-29-2010 03:49 AM

The OP needs to update this thread