REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Front Passenger Window Not Working (https://www.revscene.net/forums/628791-front-passenger-window-not-working.html)

Euro7r 10-28-2010 01:14 PM

Front Passenger Window Not Working

2002 Civic, 4Dr, my front passenger window aren't working. The window won't go down or up, nothing is budging. Anyone got any idea what could be the problem? The power window switch on the front passenger door side also doesn't work as well.

I think it's the main power window switch on the driver side is busted.

Phil@rise 10-28-2010 01:25 PM

If one of the switches are faulty then neither would work. It could be a number of things tho if all other windows work then fuses are out of the question but it could be wiring motor or switch related. All you need to look for the problem is a multimeter or a shop with one.

Euro7r 11-11-2010 08:30 PM

Actually it was a blown fuse haha. At first I didn't bother checking the fuse after reading your post, but then might as well since I was at it trying to locate the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Puck Luck 11-11-2010 09:37 PM

fuses blow for a reason. I think there might have been a bulletin about this to replace the master window switch if it blow's fuse

Euro7r 11-15-2010 02:00 PM

It doesn't seem to be a fuse issue. Piece of crap haha. I assumed it was after checking the fuse and it was blown out. So I replaced the fuse today, window still doesn't work.

Gonna have to get my buddy to check it out with Phil@rise suggestion, multimeter.

maxxxboost 11-20-2010 01:49 AM

My buddy had the same issue.

Everytime we would replace a fuse, it would blow. I took apart the passenger side switch and found out that the switch fried (you can smell and see the solder splatter marks), maybe from dust in some sort of contact? not too sure but that was the problem.

Hope that was helpful

Euro7r 11-20-2010 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxxxboost (Post 7194712)
My buddy had the same issue.

Everytime we would replace a fuse, it would blow. I took apart the passenger side switch and found out that the switch fried (you can smell and see the solder splatter marks), maybe from dust in some sort of contact? not too sure but that was the problem.

Hope that was helpful

Thanks. I am planning to take it apart to take a look next week.

Euro7r 12-06-2010 11:23 PM

Finally determined it's a fried circuit board on the master window switch. $70buxs for a new master window switch.

I wonder if it's possible to clean off the fried area and re-solder to fix it.