REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   rib cage pain (https://www.revscene.net/forums/628987-rib-cage-pain.html)

stewie 10-31-2010 09:24 AM

rib cage pain

went to bed last night around midnight, woke up this morning and the left side of my ribs are in COMPLETE pain!!! almost feels as if my ribs are broken!!! every little movement i make sends sharp shooting pain all through my chest to my stomach...

any ideas what this is? i have a pretty damn high pain tolerance...so for me to actually complain about this means im in a LOT of pain here!

stewie 10-31-2010 04:35 PM

well just got out of the hospital...

several xrays, several blood tests and he said just take some advil...took him 4 hours to tell me that...

but...during those 4 hours he was completely confused about me..my rate rate was a steady 157bpm for 2 hours...then he gave me an adavan to help drop it, wich it did, it went to 140 for another 2 hours..

he found out that my dads dad had died from a heart attack when he was in his mid 30's so the doctor started wondering if im following the same pathways as him...(lets hope not...)

but yeah...all he said is take advil or tylenol...so looks like ima be taking excessive ammounts of those bad boys to make this pain stop :(

Inaii 10-31-2010 04:56 PM

I would go to a different hospital. There's no way that's normal and can be solved by "just taking advil".

stewie 10-31-2010 05:26 PM

i know eh...im calling my family doctor tomorrow while at work

guddagudd 11-01-2010 07:37 PM

My professor woke up one day and his legs were in massive amounts of pain and he went to the Richmond Hospital and they couldn't find anything wrong with him. Did you go to Richmond Hospital as well? :lol

stewie 11-01-2010 07:55 PM

nope burnaby general!

Inaii 11-01-2010 07:57 PM

that's surprising, they're usually pretty good. RCH is horrible though in my experience =/

stewie 11-01-2010 08:28 PM

yeah, ive got an apt with my family doctor for thursday...was the soonest i could get with it being flu shot season and all...so hopefully he'll be able to tell me whats goin on inside my body!

Fafine 11-03-2010 07:30 PM

mk1freak 11-24-2010 01:41 PM

sounds like you may have a hernia, this happened to me ended up being a hernia. especially since you've taken xrays already and ruled out dislocated rib. having a hernia sucks :(
what was the prognosis from your doc?

stewie 12-17-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 7201298)
sounds like you may have a hernia, this happened to me ended up being a hernia. especially since you've taken xrays already and ruled out dislocated rib. having a hernia sucks :(
what was the prognosis from your doc?

kinda forgot about this thread haha...

what had happend was (explained from my doctor): the body is full of pockets of air and other stuff bla bla bla...some how i moved in such a way that an air pocket behind my lung popped and caused my lung to collapse, it will naturally fix itself out...but it just takes many several hours for it to fix itself.

so yeah...i had a collapsed lung apparently