REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Dance/Trance radio station in vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/629941-dance-trance-radio-station-vancouver.html)

Ludepower 11-11-2010 11:40 AM

Dance/Trance radio station in vancouver

My friends were thinking about this...buyout a failing radio station and change it to up-tempo pops songs, club hits, dance music, vocal trance, house, trance, etc.

Would u think a station like this would be successful in vancouver?

strykn 11-11-2010 11:54 AM

let me fix :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 7181886)
My friends were thinking about this...buyout a failing radio station and change it to vocal trance, house, trance, etc.

Would u think a station like this would be successful in vancouver?

IMO, it would not be successful... Sirius and XM radio, channel AREA... all you need for EDM, can't beat that.

TypeRNammer 11-11-2010 06:36 PM

If you have an iPhone, download the Digitally Imported Radio app.

Continuous non-stop various trance/techno stations :)

Berzerker 11-11-2010 06:42 PM

What your describing is sort of what The Beat did. Came in playing urban music that appealed to young people and then when they got the required amount of listeners they petitioned for the "Top 40" tag and stole it from Z95. It's all about money and I bet it cost's a fuckload to run a station. You have to pay for every single song you play. You need advertisers to offset the cost of broadcasting but you need listeners to charge good money for advertisers. It's a hard to thing to do. No one is going to want to pay to advertise on a station that doesn't have much exposure.

Hope that sort of shed's a little light on the subject.

Berz out.

hchang 11-11-2010 06:44 PM

I don't think so... not until it becomes even more mainstream.

People still don't know whats good and whats bad... like how they play songs like Fire in your new shoes and Feel it in my bones on the beat 94.5. That's shit in comparison to some say... Traffic.

We're still currently in more of a clubbing stage which consists of Rap/Hip Hop/R&B/Pop.

Plus... most people I know who love techno including myself use CDs and iPods to connect it together.

FTW.

Berzerker 11-11-2010 06:47 PM

There are a couple stations that host electronica nights... like... 101.9, 102.7 and I think even the Fox used to broadcast an electronica night. I used to tune into them all the time but it's a crap shoot on when and if they are going to be playing.

I think Azim and Leanne tried hosting a show on one of the stations and it was sort of successful for awhile. Were talking 10 years ago here though.

Berz out.