REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

opinion

Long story short, pissed off girl by walking out on her because she ignored me. We were talking about a touchy subject and I asked her "what do you mean to me" she took it the wrong way and ignored me so I walked out on her slamming the door. I tried talking to her and she warned me a bunch of times before not to walk out on her like everybody else in her life did.
Posted via RS Mobile

tonynguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

What opinion do you want or is this more of a discussion?

My opinion and it's a fact that nice guys finish last, you are the living walking proof of it. Leave the touchy heavy stuff behind, your question is just sappy. Do I expect a man to be asking a question like that? No. On top of that, it was a horrible reaction on your part. Show some class not show how much of a macho boy you are and slam a door. Never let them know they got to you.

Solution: Wait a couple days. About 2 days, don't wait longer because she might have forgiven you and moved on then you're only reminding her about it again. Ask if the door suffered any fractured bones. Something funny, then apologize but be vague about it. Don't apologize to her specifically or about you're behavior because you put yourself down by doing so, just ask that funny question then say sorry. Then charm the shit out of her by making her laugh and listening to her answers for the next while. Don't bring up this incident ever again, apologize just once. Don't overuse it. After leave communication to a minimum for 3 - 4 weeks to give her space.

Remember if she's already out with you, save the heavy stuff until years down the road. Let the female initiate that stuff, therefore you know exactly where things are going. Keep them guessing, I keep telling you guys this and here she has you guessing! Only her interest level matters, and if it doesn't raise her IL then don't fucking say it.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
I tried talking to her and she warned me a bunch of times before not to walk out on her I tried talking to her and she warned me a bunch of times before not to walk out on her like everybody else in her life did.
drama queen much?

She was ignoring you for a question she took the wrong way. You already apologized for your part; so don't let her feel like you should be dragged on coals for it because she's partly to blame as well. The Silent treatment is uber childish.

it reminds me of Dwight's "Andy Bernard Shun"

Unless you're wanting to tap it, then you pretty much have to do whatever she says until that leverage is no longer important to you
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
you need to provide us with more info.

regardless of whatever it was, it is disrespectful to walk away on someone. that's just stupid on your part. I'll refrain from bashing cuase I haven't read the whole story yet.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynguyen View Post
Long story short, pissed off girl by walking out on her because she ignored me. We were talking about a touchy subject and I asked her "what do you mean to me" she took it the wrong way and ignored me so I walked out on her slamming the door. I tried talking to her and she warned me a bunch of times before not to walk out on her like everybody else in her life did.
Posted via RS Mobile
based on this, i'd say both of you were immature. Her more than you though. at least you attempted to talk to her about whatever the issue was.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Asking a girl "what do you mean to me" = sounds insecure/needy

Be the first to call her out and tell you that you want to be just friends. Your chances are higher this way.
Posted via RS Mobile
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #7

We have been have problems for 3 weeks now, and when we finally got to see each other all this shit blows up. We were laying in bed talking about my trip out of the country, she told me that we will talk everyday and then I asked her why? What are you to me? Meaning that I don't expect much from her and she doesn't have too talk to me everyday when I'm gone. She took it hard and then ignored me, so I got fed up and walked out on her. After my little drive around the block I come home and she told me its not going to work out anymore because she has warned me before not to walk out, since everyone has walked out on her.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Did you at least smile at her when you said that? Rookie mistake
Posted via RS Mobile
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
You asked the wrong question, it should've been "what am I to you".
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #10

Beats me tbh, the lights were off wouldn't have made a difference.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Long story short, Live and let die, chick has issues, stay the fuck away, KIWF

What did she say exactly when you tried to talk to her?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Ingore her till she messages u.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #13
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
how old are you guys?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #14

Both 22
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #15
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

OP, you fucked up when you said 'why, what are you to me?'.

From a girl's POV, that's sort of a slap in the face. I realize that you meant it in a different way, but you totally worded it wrongly. No wonder why she was pissed off.

A lot of these posters don't even know what they're talking about.
trying to hold your pride and ignoring her till she messages you isn't gonna help you at all.

I'm not saying she's right. If she doesn't want people to walk out on her, maybe she should stop giving the cold shoulder. What does she expect you to do? Sit there until she's ready to talk? That could take days or even weeks! (Believe me, I'm a girl, I would know)

if you wanna fix things up, you need to apologize for losing your temper and being insensitive towards her feelings. if I were your gf, that would have translated to 'you aint shit I don't wanna talk to you everyday'
At the same time, don't apologize a million times, once is enough. And I wouldn't let her get away with thinking that she's completely right either.
Posted via RS Mobile
November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #16
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

V.Rossi, with your solution, you're not solving the real issue.

It annoys the hell out of me when guys don't do anything about the underlying issue. Its basically brushing her off. If you want to make things right, charming the shit out of her won't make her forget about what he said.
Posted via RS Mobile
November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #17
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
We have been have problems for 3 weeks now, and when we finally got to see each other all this shit blows up. We were laying in bed talking about my trip out of the country, she told me that we will talk everyday and then I asked her why? What are you to me? Meaning that I don't expect much from her and she doesn't have too talk to me everyday when I'm gone. She took it hard and then ignored me, so I got fed up and walked out on her. After my little drive around the block I come home and she told me its not going to work out anymore because she has warned me before not to walk out, since everyone has walked out on her.
Posted via RS Mobile
That really doesn't paint her in a good light IMO based on those words.

She should be asking herself "why is everyone walking out on her?" instead of demanding from people to "stop walking out on her." Whether it's a personality issue? ego issue? being batshit crazy issue? you're the only one best to know.

The more important question really is "what is she really to you"? I mean you don't really care if you guys stay in close contact while you're out of town, so how invested are you into the friendship/relationship?

Like what's it worth for you to fix it? What if she drags you over coals for it; Make you earn her like you're courting her for a relationship? I think when you answer that question to yourself, you'll know what you can and are willing to do vs. what you won't do.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:28 AM   #18
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

But what v.Rossi was getting at is that these touchy subjects are left for later down the road cuz they're not even dating(if im correct OP?). As much as I would feel comfortable talking to a girl about my/her problems, there are still somethings that I would keep to myself.
In my opinion I think you did fuck up walking out on her. Its just disrespectful to do that regardless of the situation...
Make it up to her by sweet talking a bit so that she recognizes that you feel bad for walking out on her but NOT too much to the point where it makes her feel she has you in the grasp of her palm!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:16 AM   #19

There's a lot more that built up to this situation, I'm just frustrated because I've been trying for MONTHS and I haven't given up yet. She told me that she's confused about us but at the same time she wants to be with me, I just can't shake the feeling that I'm on her "hook" just a little frustrated with everything and now I have to leave. Not gonna lie I'm afraid lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by November View Post
V.Rossi, with your solution, you're not solving the real issue.

It annoys the hell out of me when guys don't do anything about the underlying issue. Its basically brushing her off. If you want to make things right, charming the shit out of her won't make her forget about what he said.
Posted via RS Mobile
What more does she want then an apology? 10 free dinners? No.

The real issue is op likes to yap about insecure things, solution is don't. But obviously apologize once for his action because that's really all he can and should do. Brushing the issue aside? Why he is even having issues when he's trying to date her already makes no sense, wrong direction. I know the girl won't forget about it but he can change his needy/insecure self and do something about it, by going the right direction. But regardless, op is saying he's been trying for months I already think that's a waste of his and her time. I don't think the relationship is going to happen, there's already problems and they aren't even exclusive.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #21

Quote:
There's a lot more that built up to this situation, I'm just frustrated because I've been trying for MONTHS and I haven't given up yet. She told me that she's confused about us but at the same time she wants to be with me, I just can't shake the feeling that I'm on her "hook" just a little frustrated with everything and now I have to leave. Not gonna lie I'm afraid lol
Posted via RS Mobile
She said she's confused. That's woman talk for I'm not really interested but I'll keep you here still until something better comes along. No woman is ever confused not since Eve and the apple.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I'm a guy and I don't condone other guys walking away in a hissy fit. Actually, I only storm off as a tactical way to shut her up, and if I KNOW she will run after me.

Never storm off if she is mad and hurt because of your actions.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

Check out the stalking thread in off topic it might help
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Check out the stalking thread in off topic it might help
Posted via RS Mobile
Is it even relevant to this thread?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #25
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
dont' worry man, just let her go. ignore her and she'll come back at you. You can beg and shit but really? do you want to be the 22 yr old that begs for a girl back cause she said "i warned you to not walk out on me".

as long as you aint' lying and you are putting in 100%, then fuck it. peace out and move on, she'll come crawling back.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: