REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   ICBC write-off questions (https://www.revscene.net/forums/630174-icbc-write-off-questions.html)

Bender Unit 11-13-2010 09:01 PM

ICBC write-off questions

I got into accident last Wednesday.
ICBC contacted me today & said my car will be write-off.
It is storing at their estimate center in Coquitlam.

I did some search on RS and didn't get answer.
Instead of bumping up an old thread, I create a new one
Hope others can give me some advise.

I have a pair of STi seat installed in my impreza during accident.
I already took out all my belonging after the accident at the scene.

Am I able to go to ICBC estimate center and switch back my OEM seats?

Thank You and Appreciated

BU :(

Lomac 11-13-2010 09:07 PM

Yes, you can swap out the non-oem seats for oem.

fliptuner 11-13-2010 09:31 PM

youo should be if theyr e not going to give you any more for your sti's.

BTW dont;'t sign anything until you're w drunk

- kT 11-13-2010 09:58 PM

^... the fuck

ahhh, i know quite a bit in this area (sadly :()

the car is in coquitlam atm to determine value and stuff. after that, the car will be sent to a salvage yard (likely the one in new westminster, under the queensborough bridge), where you'll be able to go to get your stuff back. you can take anything you want provided you replace oem things (small things like bulbs and stuff don't matter i don't think, i took em all and didn't replace them). however, some things (ie - bumpers) have to actually be towed out of the salvage yard to be removed from the car. they won't let you remove things like that at the salvage yard itself. seats may fly, i'm not 100% sure though. check with your estimator to make sure, otherwise, if you want to swap seats, you'll have to get a tow

i think you have to set a time that you're going to show up though. give your estimator a call and they'll give you the number of the salvage yard, or they'll just contact the salvage yard for you

good luck man, when you go swap your seats, that'll likely be the last time you'll see your car, ever. after i talked to the person behind the counter, she radio'd to have my car brought up. broke my heart (again) to see my car on the back of that flatbed that brought it up

final piece of advice - bring lots of tissue for the river you're going to cry

fliptuner 11-13-2010 10:07 PM

Sorrry about that,

Don''nt sign anything until your'e satisfied with your settlem ent amount. And be realistic.

Bender Unit 11-13-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 7185389)
ahhh, i know quite a bit in this area (sadly :()

Thank You above for all the advises.

This "removing my aftermarket part" will take place after I settle with ICBC for the Car Write-Off amount, right ?

falcon 11-14-2010 02:35 PM

I was just in an accident today and my car will likely be written off. Luckily it's still drivable and in my possession. After my estimate, we'll see. If it get's written off I am going to have hours and hours of work removing parts. FML. The worst will be the diff... and the suspension... and the roll cage... FML again. Or maybe I'll just keep it.... or buy it back...

- kT 11-14-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 7185412)
Thank You above for all the advises.

This "removing my aftermarket part" will take place after I settle with ICBC for the Car Write-Off amount, right ?

yup. when you talk to the estimator that calls you, after you're done talking about your settlement amount, ask them then for further directions (ie - which salvage yard your car will be at, what parts you can remove at the salvage yard, etc)

good luck!