REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   local megasquirt savvy shops/gurus? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/630321-local-megasquirt-savvy-shops-gurus.html)

unxetas 11-15-2010 12:44 PM

local megasquirt savvy shops/gurus?

Howdy, new here, so hi everyone!

Right, one of my projects has been parked in the garage for far too long. It's a Volvo 740 wagon, with the 16v 2.3L engine. I bought it hoping to add a turbo and a few other goodies, ended up stopping at the "few other goodies". I had all the parts for the turbo project, but in the meantime bought a race car (a formula vee) and just lost interest and patience.

Still, I was halfway started with converting it to run on megasquirt when it got parked. Right now, everything is mostly connected, it starts and runs (badly). Needs lots of tuning, but most importantly, needs a bit of wiring done and fixed properly. I did a pretty nasty hack job of wiring it all up to see if everything sort of worked, and I guess it does, but I'm now getting lots of resets in the MS box (like clickityclickityclickityclickityclickityclickity.. fast :)) which I'm fairly certain is mostly due to my poor wiring and ground choices.

Not that I couldn't do a better job, but I'm at a point where I don't care to spend that much time working on it.. I'd really rather pay to have it done properly ;)

Anyone know anyone?

Cheers!

danz 11-15-2010 12:57 PM

fml

Berzerker 11-15-2010 01:31 PM

Hmm Squirt... yea we know a little bit about that ;) .... PM me with what you have done already including the components you're running. I'll see what it's worth to do a rewire...

Berz out.

Lomac 11-15-2010 10:02 PM

Are all the relays in the setup working properly? I had one of mine soldered in improperly and it was causing it to click on/off rapidly all the time until I pinpointed and fixed it.

GabAlmighty 11-15-2010 10:04 PM

Why hello there Tiago. hah.

unxetas 11-16-2010 09:03 AM

Howdy Gab ;)

Lomac, I'm not using the relay board.. It's all hooked up (well, mostly) to the stock relays and fuses. There's an extra relay that drives the fuel pump relay (for safety reasons, apparently.. not my idea!) and I checked the connections on that one, seemed good.. :(

Phil@rise 11-16-2010 09:38 AM

The MS system is a pretty simple setup to wire and tune we can help you with that

godwin 11-16-2010 06:05 PM

you can probably find the base map for your volvo engine from the megasquirt forum. If you are lucky there are other people that makes custom harness for the engine.

I think best is to go over the MS info etc and ask.

tariqdalmira 12-15-2010 06:45 PM

Mark at racing greed is also really good with Mega Squirts..

Dream_on 12-21-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tariqdalmira (Post 7229534)
Mark at racing greed is also really good with Mega Squirts..

He can wired in from scatch too but I heard he is only working part time as he is going to school too..