REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Cars 2 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/630537-cars-2-a.html)

Lomac 11-17-2010 07:30 PM

Cars 2

I must admit I'm a little scared about this. The original movie is one of my all time favourites, but I've got a feeling that this one may not be as good.

Either way, I'll still go see it. :lol

6793026 11-18-2010 10:00 AM

Cars 1 was crap in the box office, they didn't make that much money. It was so bad no one thought they would do another cars 2 but why? It's cause of all the products, marketing, toys, promotions that comes with the toy cars, that'll generation multiple the revenue compared to the box office.

freakshowfan 11-18-2010 03:35 PM

I thought cars was a pretty good movie, but i'm a sucker for most pixar movies.
Most sequels are usually way worse than the original, but toy story 2 and 3 were good, so theres hope!!

Mugen EvOlutioN 11-19-2010 11:58 AM

i dont know man first one wasnt even that great to begin with and this one looks even more ....blend

Fuhrėr-Z 11-19-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7191660)
Cars 1 was crap in the box office, they didn't make that much money. It was so bad no one thought they would do another cars 2 but why? It's cause of all the products, marketing, toys, promotions that comes with the toy cars, that'll generation multiple the revenue compared to the box office.

:bullshit:
It made $244,000,000 at the box office...double that including worldwide sales...how is half a billion not a lot?!!?

6793026 11-19-2010 04:52 PM

half a billion might sound a lot but you have to compare it to the other comics. $244 is really nothing and i think it was on the lowest side based on their ROI. Have a look at the extreme and compare it to Toy Story and based on the numbers back in the days, Cars did not do as well as the others combined.

Fuhrėr-Z 11-19-2010 06:11 PM

Comics?! Whhattt, these are pixar films, they aren't based on comics. $244, is what an animated summer film is gonna average. Let me learn you a little.
The film's budget was $120 million, it made $244, domestically(so that's N/A only)
It made back double what it cost...that's a profit...

Now this doesn't include marketing, which is gonna be roughly half the budget of a movie, so $60 million (it's probably more than this, because this was a summer blockbuster and it has other blockbuster marketing campaigns to compete with). So now we're at $200 million to make/market this film. Now, TOTAL, worldwide, it made just under $500 million!!!! That's 2x what it cost to put out there...and you're gonna say it was a failure?
Quote:

Have a look at the extreme and compare it to Toy Story and based on the numbers back in the days, Cars did not do as well as the others combined.
:squint: I dun even know......

Why would you combine em!?!!?!?

FN-2199 11-19-2010 06:14 PM

Who cares if you think it didn't do well. Pixar movies are the shit. End of story.

I'm glad they're making Cars 2. It will be interesting to see what automotive "replica brands" they'll have this time :D
Posted via RS Mobile

TRDood 11-21-2010 09:41 PM

didn't they recycle some of the promo tokyo drift scenes?

StylinRed 11-22-2010 02:56 PM

domestically Cars made more money than Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Happy Feet etc etc

basically its on par with the majority of animated films

im not sure how i feel about this sequel though... trailer isn't so great either