REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Black Swan !!!!!!! Question. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632128-black-swan-question.html)

ime2006 12-06-2010 03:22 PM

Black Swan !!!!!!! Question.

Release Date of Black Swan is Dec 3rd.

But, how come there is no theatre has it on ???

Rating is pretty damn High on IMBD.
So, Wanna watch it...but No theatre has it on in Vancouver......

Whats going on ??

Anyone has any idea ??

Jgresch 12-06-2010 03:24 PM

I think DEC 3rd is in US? Cuz on the beat friday they were giving away advance screening tix...

Jsunu 12-06-2010 03:25 PM

limited release in the states

Quote:

Box office

The film had a limited release in select cities in North America on December 3, 2010 in 18 theaters. It took in $415,822—$23,101 per theater, its opening day.[42] By the end of its opening weekend it grossed $1,443,809—$80,212 per theater. The per location average was the second highest for the opening weekend of 2010 behind The King's Speech.[43]

CRS 12-07-2010 01:05 AM

It'll be at Fifth Avenue Theatre (Burrard St.) but not until Friday.

http://cinemaclock.ca/showtimes/bri/...lack_Swan.html

6793026 12-21-2010 08:37 AM

So i got a chance to see this movie. Yes, i agreed to watch this cause there was Portman in the movie and of course there was the sexy Mila.

I had no idea what I got myself into at first. was this a love story was it some boring ballet movie about some love triangle? I told myself to just go and watch it without any expectations.

The movie is a suspense thriller / drama aspect to it. Coming from a person with no sense of ballet, the director (who also did the wrestler) directed the film. It was also another reason for me to watch it. The wrestler did such a great job I thought I'll give swan lake a try.

Portman did an awesome job, one thing I was disturbed was not knowing how old Portman was in the movie. She lived in a pink as Barbie like bedroom and it was like just shocking to know she's 28. I just found that a bit weird cause I thought she was a young star in the movie.

anyhoo, nothing much to complain about. Mila was hot in the movie, she played the opposite role of Portman and there are some tension in the movie that will have you guessing till the end type thriller (not mystery but more of a thriller).

Music, dancing, and in general, the movie did an awesome job in captivating the audience ESP. when it's freaking boring ballet. You do NOT need to know what Black Swan is all about, you can go into it watching with an empty mind and you'll still have fun.

movie 8.5 / 10
suspense, acting, script 9/10

I thought Portman did a superb job being the main female lead and I wouldn't be surprised if she got nominated for an award.

Guys, it's still enjoyable so don't worry about it being boring.

Mkhun 12-21-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7217817)
It'll be at Fifth Avenue Theatre (Burrard St.) but not until Friday.

http://cinemaclock.ca/showtimes/bri/...lack_Swan.html

I watched at this location last wk and it was just mind blowing. :thumbsup:

twitchyzero 12-21-2010 10:14 AM

definately wanan go check this out soon. portman is my favourite actress...looks & talent

StylinRed 12-21-2010 12:36 PM

come on guys.... the only reason youd want to see this in the cinemas as opposed to downloading the dvd (which has been available)

is to see Kunis and Portman have at it on a giant screen :)

Strzelec 12-21-2010 05:01 PM

That scene was definitely hot. Almost worth the $11 right there.

After walking out of the theatre, I was kind of thinking wtf was the point of the movie, but watching it I was entertained.

tegz 12-23-2010 08:51 PM

Surprisingly great movie! Really cool how the movie's shot from the perspective of insanity.

Neoxphuse 12-25-2010 05:24 PM

Awesome movie. Kunis and Portman scene was great.

Great movie overall, I think Portman will pick up a Golden Globe for her performance.

waddy41 01-02-2011 08:36 PM

this movie sucked...

i can't really specify, but overall it was not interesting, not intense...just weird and very boring

yes the "scenes" with portman are great for the guys, but other than that this movies wasn't worth my time

StylinRed 01-02-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7249294)
Black Swan 3/10 if you enjoyed it for anything other than the few unhealthily soft-core tid-bits than you're either a chick or really feminine and can't notice plot holes

my god.... i felt like i watched a movie that was as long as all 3 Lord of the Rings but as bad as a Uwe Boll film