REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Hit and Run (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632429-hit-run.html)

Bobobibi 12-10-2010 07:46 AM

Hit and Run

hey guys,
I was walking my way to class and then i heard the unmistakeable sound of metal scrap against metal. I turned my head and saw some car reversed into my car. and that guy just drove away.... this happened about 15 minutes ago. The damage is minor. A few scratches on the driver's side fender and the arches are a little bit dented. I was wondering if it is worth it to even claim this kind of damage due to the 300$ deductible? Also, If I do report it as a hit and run will it effect my insurance rates?
Thanks guys :)

Edit : completely irrelevant but my car just got out of the body shop after a 7 grand repair job = =...... fml

CorneringArtist 12-10-2010 08:03 AM

Did you get the license plate? I think you can report this asshole with the damage for doing that. It shouldn't affect YOUR rates since you didn't do anything wrong.

Shitty deal since your car was fresh out of the body shop.

Bobobibi 12-10-2010 08:25 AM

i wish i did when i looked the was already speeding off..
sigh.... i also got ticketed yesterday for speeding ...
just a bad year for me

danz 12-10-2010 08:57 AM

FML

hchang 12-10-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic_rice (Post 7221187)
i realize this is an old thread, but just to chime in my 2 cents.....my mother hit a vehicle and it was her fault..... the driver fled the seen who she hit. my mother contacted icbc and they found the driver as she got his plate # and turns out he didnt have insurance. icbc waived my moms deduct and charged him with leaving the scene of an accident...even though it was her fault. so call icbc for sure

This.

But if you didn't get a license plate... I think you'd have to pay the $300 deductible.

IIRC if you claim a Hit and Run and can't prove that you were hit by the car in question, you will have to pay the $300 and your premium still goes up.

But don't quote me on this though.

seekerbeta 12-10-2010 01:03 PM

i just went through 2 different H&Rs and i get you on both procedures

1. H&R With LP - Cops picked up the car and took it to the inspection center, after getting both statements, they came back with the other person 100% at fault, no Deductable for me

2. H&R with No LP - called ICBC, arranged claim, went to inspection center, took my statement, checked damages (1700+) told me ot get it repaired and pay the 300$, both are considered a Comp claim, so your rates dont go up, but if you get caught for a fraud, you pay the full repair, and some extras to ICBC for wasting thier time.

InvisibleSoul 12-10-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 7222461)
you will have to pay the $300 and your premium still goes up.

Your premium doesn't go up for something that wasn't your fault.

gars 12-10-2010 02:52 PM

they look at different things. Obvious things like where the damage was. If you have a big dent on your front bumper that looks like you hit a pole, rather than a car hitting you, they will say it isn't a hit and run. If you give them a diagram of where your car was, and they figure out there is no way for your car to have been hit while parked there, they will say it's not a hit and run.

Bobobibi 12-10-2010 04:34 PM

woww icbc is lame.....
wish they had some competition > >
looks like im gonna have to make an appointment
i think im just gonna do the body work myself i value the damage is less then 300$ ...
unlses one of u guys have some free time to help me =D LOl
i have some other minor hits from when i got the car

BallPeenHammer2 12-11-2010 01:35 PM

just get ICBC to inspect it. Just because you go for a claim and get it inspected doesn't mean you have to go through with it.

An ICBC inspection is all that it is. An Inspection.