REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #1051
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The way the red wedding developed in the book was much more enjoyable and wayyy more of a WTF moment as you read it because the way it happened was so subtle but so well written as I read it I was like wow wow wow...hold on a sec go back and read it and my eyes were just wide like WTF!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
You can say that about just about everything though... Arya's story in particular is nowhere near as good.. But that's the difference between a book and TV.. just enjoy being able to see some parts from the book visualized, that's what I do
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #1052
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
Storm of Swords was really epic and the show is doing a great job at capturing the most heart and gut-wrenching passages from the book. I do agree that Arya's story is much better in the book, but I have a big hunch that they are just saving her main character development parts in the next couple of seasons since there is already so much going on here.

The book was even divided into four separate editions in France, and two in many other countries. The US paperback edition consists of 1200+ pages.... Overall I am still really impressed with the way the show is progressing and imagine that for every fan lost due to the controversial scenes that have been taking place as of late, three more will hop aboard and start either reading or watching the show
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #1053
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
In response to all the other spoilers in this thread.

Spoiler!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #1054
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Spoiler!

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #1055
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You can say that about just about everything though... Arya's story in particular is nowhere near as good.. But that's the difference between a book and TV.. just enjoy being able to see some parts from the book visualized, that's what I do
Yea true, and the RW was almost exactly how I pictured besides maybe being a bit more of like a grand hall for the feast
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #1056
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
And LOL @ crows before ho's omg
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #1057
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

what a crazy ep
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #1058
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Can't wait to hear Bolton's reasons for betraying Robb. He seemed so damn loyal in previous episodes that i did not expect this at all.

If it's always been about money then why did he serve the Starks so loyally all that time?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #1059
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Can't wait to hear Bolton's reasons for betraying Robb. He seemed so damn loyal in previous episodes that i did not expect this at all.

If it's always been about money then why did he serve the Starks so loyally all that time?
Should've been obvious when he released Jaime Lannister.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #1060

Some non spoiler background from the books: The Boltons allegiance with the North was always tenuous. This goes back a thousand years! Throughout all the fighting, they would 'flay' whoever they captured - skin men alive. The 'legend' even says that they wore Stark skins as cloaks...

This is why, while it hasn't been said explicitly, we know who is torturing Greyjoy.. he is skinning Theon's fingers and toes, not cutting them off. The 'game' is that the victim will ask for his fingers to be cut off, since it hurts so much. That's why Theon asked for his finger to be cut off (in the book he bites it off the first time). I guess they can't show this on TV, so a lot of detail is lost again.

Anyway, they were finally 'conquered' by the Starks 300 years ago, and agreed to stop flaying. Of course you know they did it anyway in secret

So the combination of always hating the Starks along with the opportunity to join who they think are going to win the Game of Thrones, is why Roose betrayed the Starks.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #1061
I am Hook'd on RS

Inside the Episode: The Red Wedding

Inside Episode 9...

repeats much of the above, but also talks about other parts of the episode...

Foralark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #1062

That's disgusting. Why is something so horrible a house tradition?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #1063

Quote:
That's disgusting. Why is something so horrible a house tradition?
Posted via RS Mobile
That's ASOIAF for you.. every house has a 'gimmick' of some sort. Honorable House Stark, rich and powerful House Lannister, rich House Tyrell with their flowers and powerful navy, badass Targaryen with their dragons, And just wait until you learn more about the Greyjoys and the Ironborn in general. Then you have the Crannogmen (the two that are with Bran Stark right now) who the people call "frog eaters" for obvious reasons, and have some sort powers sometimes

That's what makes the series so cool, there are so many different types of people, and the author isn't afraid to go way out there to make one stand out if he needs to.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #1064
My homepage has been set to RS

That's it, I'm buying the books to read.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #1065
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:

He made a deal. That's why he says "The Lanisters send their regards." or something like that.

And the Boltons are dicks.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #1066
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Some non spoiler background from the books: The Boltons allegiance with the North was always tenuous. This goes back a thousand years! Throughout all the fighting, they would 'flay' whoever they captured - skin men alive. The 'legend' even says that they wore Stark skins as cloaks...

This is why, while it hasn't been said explicitly, we know who is torturing Greyjoy.. he is skinning Theon's fingers and toes, not cutting them off. The 'game' is that the victim will ask for his fingers to be cut off, since it hurts so much. That's why Theon asked for his finger to be cut off (in the book he bites it off the first time). I guess they can't show this on TV, so a lot of detail is lost again.

Anyway, they were finally 'conquered' by the Starks 300 years ago, and agreed to stop flaying. Of course you know they did it anyway in secret

So the combination of always hating the Starks along with the opportunity to join who they think are going to win the Game of Thrones, is why Roose betrayed the Starks.
One of my least favorite parts of the book. Theon bites it off the first time but he isn't allowed to. The torture that poor dude goes through made me squirm listening to it.

They cut off the skin so the flesh is exposed, it hurts and itches like crazy but the prisoners aren't allowed to scratch or they get tortured more.

The Ironborn are weird as shit. For anyone that played WoW, I imagine they're like the soggy looking Vrykul dudes with their Drowned God and stuff. WEIRD. I sort of like the Martell story, though...that shit is going to hit the fan in the next book.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #1067

ugh I don't take hearing about or watching torture scenes well.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #1068
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Isn't this a violation of the 'house rule' or whatever, the most 'sacred rule of gods and men" where you don't harm your guests in your house etc. Surely there will be hell to pay.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #1069
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Isn't this a violation of the 'house rule' or whatever, the most 'sacred rule of gods and men" where you don't harm your guests in your house etc. Surely there will be hell to pay.
We talked about this a page or two back.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
the north will never forget.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #1071
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

lol GRRM is hilarious

Quote:
Oh Shit, I Totally Forgot That Happens!
COMMENTARY • Opinion • ISSUE 49•23 • Jun 3, 2013
By George R.R. Martin

As the author of the popular Song Of Ice And Fire series of fantasy novels, it has been a pleasure and a joy to watch Game Of Thrones, HBO’s riveting television adaptation of my work. Every week, the show delights viewers, myself included, with a series of stirring performances, deftly maneuvered feats of visual storytelling, and eye-popping special effects. It truly is a joy to watch my novels—my life’s work—come to life on the screen, rendered with tact, faithfulness, and considerable filmmaking skill.

That being said, HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I totally forgot that whole thing about the Red Wedding! Christ almighty, talk about a punch in the goddamned gut. I must have been sitting there for 20 minutes afterwards just completely numb with disbelief, like, “What the hell did I just watch?”

I mean, is it that brutal in my book? I honestly don’t remember.

The whole time it was happening, I was literally just staring at my television in shock thinking, “Son of a bitch, I forgot about that! Three of the story’s main characters are murdered in the most savage and horrific fashion imaginable!” My wife and I were sitting on the couch and we both just turned and looked at each other, like, “Whoa. That was intense.” I mean, I vaguely remember writing something like that, but that was years ago, you know? You forget these things.

And you don’t see it coming, either; that’s the thing. The previous episode capped off with the marriage of Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark, which seemed like it might be the real big event in a season that has largely been concerned with puzzle pieces falling into place. So with only two episodes left before the season’s conclusion, I was just looking forward to some more juicy exposition, no more, no less. But no! Catelyn Stark, Robb Stark, his wife Talisa and their unborn child—hell, even Robb’s wolf, Grey Wind—all slaughtered on the same night by the traitorous Walder Frey and his league of Lannister sympathizers! And at the end of a wedding no less! A goddamned wedding!

And here I was sitting on my couch like a child thinking about how sweet it was that Talisa wanted to name the baby after Ned Stark, and how emotional it would be in two minutes when Robb finally met up with Arya, who was right outside the whole time. I was looking forward to that scene for three whole episodes! I was 100 percent sure I had written it, too. I mean, who doesn’t want Arya to reunite with her family?

Then out of nowhere, boom! Catelyn Stark’s neck is sliced open with her firstborn son dead at her feet. And I suddenly remembered, “Oh, yeah! I did that.”

I think it was in Book Four. Or Book Three? One of those.

The worst part, though, was the moment right when I started to realize what I had written. It was after Lothar Frey went to the back of the room and closed those big doors and Catelyn Stark looked over at Roose Bolton and saw that he’s wearing chainmail under his nice clothes. That was the moment I thought, “Fuck, that’s right. I think I might kill off Robb Stark here.” And then I did! And boy, was it a hard to thing to watch, especially when I had also completely blanked on the fact his mom dies right after.

This fucking show, you know? One minute Robb Stark is solidifying his military power on his way to King’s Landing and the next he’s bleeding out on the floor. Just goes to show you can’t get too attached to any of my characters.

Hell, I’m still getting over the death of Ned Stark in Season One.

And even though it’s my responsibility as an author to protect the integrity of my novels at all costs, I have to admit that I personally wouldn’t have noticed if they’d completely changed the story at that point and the episode had ended happily. Hell, those books were written a long time ago; you can’t expect me to remember every last detail. Sure, I’m an executive producer on the show and they send me all the scripts on these things, but I never read them. Those things are full of spoilers.

At any rate, holy shit! I almost don’t want to see what I do next week. All I know is Tyrion better not get killed, because if he dies I’m done with this show, man. Done.
Oh Shit, I Totally Forgot That Happens! | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #1072
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
You know that's from The Onion right?

Book 4, is going to be sick.

So I guess that's 2 years from now?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #1073
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
wow.. such a turn of events... when the guy shut the doors, you kinda knew something was up, I mean.. why the heck would you close the door like that....
So the old man was mad Robb Stark didnt marry his daughter and decided to ally with the Lannisters... thats messed up...
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #1074
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Fuck this show. They make you cheer and hope for someone then kill them in your face.

Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #1075
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
crazy ending

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold