REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-29-2016, 11:17 PM   #2351
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy View Post
IDK I thought it was a badass thug life Sam moment
I've never read the books, is he actually a key character? He acted and sounded like a wimp during dinner. If his screentime was like Podrick's I wouldn't mind so much.
Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:59 PM   #2352
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
The Sam story is really annoying. He's such a waste of time.
+1
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 12:02 AM   #2353
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I've never read the books, is he actually a key character? He acted and sounded like a wimp during dinner. If his screentime was like Podrick's I wouldn't mind so much.
I don't know that key character is the right word, but he does have a large part in the books. That IS his demeanor around his dad though, I think it's better expressed in the books than in the show honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 01:17 AM   #2354
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Could have done without the Samwell/Gilly thing. It was wholly uninteresting and felt like they just needed to boost the time. But daaaayaaam... Daeny with the spine chilling pep talk
Yeah, let's end this season with another useless empowering woman's speech about taking over the world, again.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:23 AM   #2355
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I guess the show has something for everyone then - I liked Sam's segment - I always wanted to know what it would be like for him to meet his father again [he never did up to this point in the books IIRC].. And instead of ditching the girl, he's taking her with him.

It's the dragon segment I could have done without. We already saw her take over the dothraki and rally them to her cause. I guess they wanted the dragon reunion to be a big deal but meh, it seemed a bit redundant. Killing all their leaders and walking through fire was badass enough already
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 08:17 AM   #2356
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Yeah, let's end this season with another useless empowering woman's speech about taking over the world, again.
The speech echoes the speech that Khal Drogo gave back in season 1. "Riding wooden horses across the blacks sea..." "killing men in iron suits..."
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #2357
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i'm hoping arya fucks that other girl's shit up. she owes her
#thugarya

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #2358
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Last week's episode was a tough act to follow, lots of political positioning in this week's episode but I thought quite a bit of it was done pretty weakass... Disappointing start to the second half of the season.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:02 AM   #2359

Quote:
Everyone likes something different. I liked the return of Drogon and Daeny's version of Drogo's promise. I personally haven't gotten bored with her yet.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 05-30-2016, 11:04 AM   #2360
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
zzzzz

sam portion wasnt bad, i was hoping he'd stand up to his father rather than let his gf do it though... maybe next episode

danerys's dragon riding and speech was cringe worthy... id rather they have shown the Greyjoys discuss where they're off to, i imagine they're off to join the dragon mommy, after all she needs a fleet... but anything would've been better than that speech scene (maybe just a scene with her finding her dragon instead)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #2361
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
I'm actually just getting tired of the series in general.
- The Dany rah rah women rule speeches
- the homeless Bernie Sanders and friends
- Ramsey becoming too predictably 'evil' that it makes him not seem evil to me, seems more like a character than a person to me, if that makes sense
- The whole 'I'm gonna build you 1000 ships, here is my seed' made zero fucking sense
- Tyrion's whole situation is pretty boring

I realize all this shit is needed I'm sure to set shit up for future events, but I now have this show on 'watch in the background' mode while I'm doing stuff that actually entertains me.

*Side note: How the fuck is brother killer going to build 1000 ships before the end of his lifetime? I don't see a city full of factory workers and elephants to help drag supplies around. Not like they're building fucking pillow forts. Would take a company a few years here with the technology we have now, let alone doing it all from manual labor. Unless there is some Beauty and the Beast type of magical appliances floating around doing the shit for them.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #2362
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Regarding Sam:

I don't think there was anything Sam could've done to stand up to his dad. They already don't believe that the WW exist (hence his brother's chuckle when Gilly mentioned it). Had Sam been the one to get up and yell "I killed a WW" do you think that would've made a difference?

As for Marge:

She's definitely not brainwashed. The second her interaction with Loras in the dungeons a few episodes back became knowledge to use you could tell that she would do anything to get her and her brother out. Methinks she's playing everyone including evil Bernie Sanders (lol Beebeeahn for that one) and even Tommen to get what she wants. The key was getting her out and alone with Tommen for more manipulation to get what she wants. Olenna likely isn't in on the plot (how could she be?), but that's my take on her plot so far.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #2363
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I really hope Arya whoops that chicks ass, excited to see the return of Needle.

I have no doubt Arya can/will kill her... but then what? Sexy Jesus isn't gonna let that fly (thanks BeeBeeAhn, I had a good chuckle over 'sexy jesus' lol)

Do we know the outcome of this in the books? (I'd love to know!)
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #2364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered_Klass View Post
I really hope Arya whoops that chicks ass, excited to see the return of Needle.

I have no doubt Arya can/will kill her... but then what? Sexy Jesus isn't gonna let that fly (thanks BeeBeeAhn, I had a good chuckle over 'sexy jesus' lol)

Do we know the outcome of this in the books? (I'd love to know!)
Book hasn't been finished yet (iirc Arya's story was to fall in the new book, not the last one)

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #2365
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Khaleesi getting boring as fuck. All I wanna see now is red woman's tits and mountain 2.0 going ham on the faith militant. Would even prefer to watch the adventures of lord friendzone instead of Khaleesi
Old 05-30-2016, 01:13 PM   #2366
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i'm hoping arya fucks that other girl's shit up. she owes her
#thugarya
I'm going to be pissed though if her plot continues as just dumping the Faceless Man training. They wasted 1.5 seasons worth of her time there. Her being blinded was an especially useless plot point.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #2367
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
I'm going to be pissed though if her plot continues as just dumping the Faceless Man training. They wasted 1.5 seasons worth of her time there. Her being blinded was an especially useless plot point.
lol i had such high expectations after she got her eyes back

but nope, she still kept getting her ass handed to her
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #2368
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i'm hoping everything is happening for a reason including her desertion and the hit on her...i haven't read the books but my guess is she's waiting in that cave with the needler b/c she knows that girl is coming after her and she's ready to bring the ruckas.
and
Spoiler!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #2369
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Everyone likes something different. I liked the return of Drogon and Daeny's version of Drogo's promise. I personally haven't gotten bored with her yet.
Her scenes are the epitome of cheese. Like when she was rescued form the arena, and when she just happened to be like "oh, wait here, there is a massive fucking dragon 200 yards away, brb"

Dany and her story line are getting old to me. Awesome in season 1, as the seasons go, it's like this filler story and everything she does is becoming very cheesy and predictable.

Honestly, I hope she dies soon (I know she won't). It will make the pay off of her story awesome to me. Make her seem like this invincible woman who always ends up winning, and she dies via slipping on the stairs when she is in the snowy throne room.

I'm just burnt out with Dany has a bad event happen (sold, dragons captured, she is attacked out numbered heavily, she is kidnapped etc), someone else saves her ass, Dany gets bigger army, Dany moves. Wash, rinse, repeat.

At this point she could have a knife halfway into her heart and i'm just going to be like "she's cool, queue up Dario in 3,2,1..., and saved, now with a bigger army"

Quote:
Her character's story and progress has been on repeat since season two. Unfortunate as it is, this is why she's one of the most disinteresting characters in the show. Every time she's on screen, I lose interest. It's just copy and paste every season. Even in last week's episode when she burnt all the Khal's, I was bored. It happened to Viserys, it happened to The Maegei, The Masters of Astaporians and Yunkai all got set on fire aswell. A bit boring really. Dany's given the 'Mother of Dragons' speech to every Essossi antagonist since the Masters of Yunkai. The Astaporians got it aswell, poor Dario gets it every episode.

The seasonal formula seems to go like this. 1. Dany has everything. 2. Dany loses everything. 3. Dany relies on her friends and allies to pick her back up. 4. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #2370

Quote:
Her scenes are the epitome of cheese. Like when she was rescued form the arena, and when she just happened to be like "oh, wait here, there is a massive fucking dragon 200 yards away, brb"

Dany and her story line are getting old to me. Awesome in season 1, as the seasons go, it's like this filler story and everything she does is becoming very cheesy and predictable.

Honestly, I hope she dies soon (I know she won't). It will make the pay off of her story awesome to me. Make her seem like this invincible woman who always ends up winning, and she dies via slipping on the stairs when she is in the snowy throne room.

I'm just burnt out with Dany has a bad event happen (sold, dragons captured, she is attacked out numbered heavily, she is kidnapped etc), someone else saves her ass, Dany gets bigger army, Dany moves. Wash, rinse, repeat.

At this point she could have a knife halfway into her heart and i'm just going to be like "she's cool, queue up Dario in 3,2,1..., and saved, now with a bigger army"
2 things about the bolded section. 1) It's GRRM, never say never about someone dying lol. And 2) I lol'd really hard at the mental image of that, thanks hahaha.

When you put it like that I can see why she would get boring. I like the dragons and that's probably the only reason I enjoy her scenes (even though admittedly they aren't in them a whole lot). Hopefully something interesting happens with her (either death or she finally makes it to Westeros, because honestly Mereen is getting boring) soon.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 05-30-2016, 09:49 PM   #2371

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
As for Marge:

She's definitely not brainwashed. The second her interaction with Loras in the dungeons a few episodes back became knowledge to use you could tell that she would do anything to get her and her brother out. Methinks she's playing everyone including evil Bernie Sanders (lol Beebeeahn for that one) and even Tommen to get what she wants. The key was getting her out and alone with Tommen for more manipulation to get what she wants. Olenna likely isn't in on the plot (how could she be?), but that's my take on her plot so far.
+1
Tommen standing between them I couldnt tell if he was her or the high sparrow's pawn lol both using the king to get what they want

Kinda disappointed Arya went soft and betrayed sexy Jesus... he won't let her get away with it even if she beats the other girl... UNLESS this is all a test of Arya's character, seeing if she'll kill a good woman, and she passed and sexy Jesus will now reward her with infinite power

who was it that Walder Frey had in chains? didn't recognize that chum...
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:07 PM   #2372
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I believe he's Robb starks uncle? The guy that got married at the red wedding
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:18 PM   #2373
F3
My homepage has been set to RS

Edmure Tully, younger brother of Catelyn and Lysa.
F3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:55 PM   #2374

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
I still laugh out loud when I think about his attempt to set his dad's funeral pyre on fire with a flaming arrow and eventually the Blackfish saying "fucking idiot get out of the way" and eventually one-shots it. One of the best character intros in the series imo (for both of them)
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2016, 02:51 AM   #2375
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3 View Post
Edmure Tully, younger brother of Catelyn and Lysa.
Also known as Black Jack Randall, one of the creepiest villains in TV history

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote