REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   Mass Effect 3 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632629-mass-effect-3-a.html)

bakasam 03-13-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 7829037)
Just finished ME3 tonight. I did every available side mission and my game play was around 25-26 hours long.

The final mission took close to 2 hours to complete. Make sure you save often cause there was a couple of really rough spots. There was one part where you had to take on 5 brutes *_*

Haha I think I got roughly the same playtime as you.

Regarding the ending:
Spoiler!

IMASA 03-14-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 7823120)
every decision made in the previous games have no bearing on this one whatsoever, except for a few different dialogue options, the story remains unaffected.

Can anyone else confirm if previous game decisions have any impact? I was given ME3 for the PS3, but have save files for ME1 and ME2 on PC. Just wondering if it's worth going out to buy ME3 for the PC. Either way, seems like the consensus is the ending is prettty bad.

bloodmack 03-14-2012 03:19 PM

IMASA play get it for PC so you can incoperate your saves. Don't listen to what others say decide for yourself.

Matlock 03-15-2012 02:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Bexnp.jpg

RabidRat 03-15-2012 03:35 PM

^ Dude I felt so bad seeing that on Reddit. Poor guy tending the Mass Effect twitter account, he must feel awful hahaha.

Glove 03-15-2012 04:07 PM

hahahaha wish I could thank you a million times

neggo 03-15-2012 09:01 PM

I feel so....empty....

J-Chow 03-16-2012 12:45 AM

.... Just finished ME3, took my sweet time, around 30-32 hours and I didn't even do all the side missions lol.

Ending was aight. Typical hero ending. Gonna start from my last save point and choose the alternate ending. The weapons in the game was a big jump from ME2. So many guns to choose from. now it's bed time :)

beanzzz 03-21-2012 02:42 PM

Mass Effect 3: New Ending Incoming - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

Don't really know how I feel about this, on the plus side we get a new ending, but on the negative side it shows that Bioware caved and doesn't really support their writers.

G-spec 03-21-2012 02:51 PM

first time playing Mass Effect games, I think I am almost halfway through, this is on my PC btw.... game is an obvious port from console, but graphics are still good.... uhmm.. I find myself involved with the story best I can, but digging the game very much overall..

but I wanna tear my hair out when I'm walking or running around over and around obstacles, for example in the middle of a gunfight I'm holding sprint button and I end up accidentally taking cover by nearby obstacles because the sprint button is mapped to the exact same button as take cover, there's no way to change it..

literally the worst feeling character movement of any 3rd person game I have ever played.... firstly he walks way too slow, and when he sprints he's like a fcking juggernaut who can barely turn so I find myself never sprinting during a mission because I ALWAYS get stuck taking cover or hitting a wall

or am I missing something since I'm a first time player ?? when I'm walking up to an object I have to jump over, I literally have to crouch/kneel/take cover and then wait for the arrow to pop up saying jump over this and then jump over, I can't just run and jump over like you normally would in any other game

beanzzz 03-21-2012 03:31 PM

You should be able to jump over an object by double tapping the space bar. The whole running and taking cover system is worst when your playing multil-player since enemies pop out of nowhere.

Vansterdam 03-21-2012 05:08 PM

if you actually took the time to read and do all the side quests in ME1 you would appreciate ME2 so much more. that and the fact that the controls feel so much smoother compared to the first game on the console

gonna hop on ME3 right after

heard the ending in ME3 sucked though lol

G-spec 03-25-2012 12:13 AM

just finished it, damn I didn't know an ending could have so many plot holes, lol, felt like I was watching a straight to DVD low budget hollywood movie... now I understand the frustrations of hardcore fans who have been through all the previous Mass Effect games, and I gotta say I feel lucky I'm not one of them otherwise I'd be pretty choked too, left all incomplete and unsatisfied, it's like banging a hot chick and just when you bout to bust you stop... I've only played ME3 not knowing fully the whole story at all, and the ending still gave me blue balls

this guy nails it pretty damn good in one simple paragraph, Mass Effect 3 Ending Deconstruction - Twenty Sided

"If you are crazy enough to make a three-game series that ends on a black note with no questions (sensibly) answered and no sense of closure, then the least you can do is make sure the things you do say at the end doesn't contradict what has come before, or introduce new plot holes in the last minutes of the game. This is what Mass Effect did, and it's what has players so angry. Everyone dies, the bad guys turn out to be ridiculous, we don't find out what happens next, and the things we're shown don't make any sense. It is the most insufferably frustrating, obtuse, and nihilistic ending I've ever seen"

Graeme S 03-25-2012 11:15 PM

I played the game through, and I'm on my second playthrough now. I really enjoyed the game itself
Spoiler!
and I get why people disliked the ending. I am playing through again, however, because apparently if your EMS (Effective Military Score) is >7,000 you get a teensy tiny sneak peak at what the ending really is...or isn't.

I would suggest that the rest of you join me just for shits and giggles.

Also for optimal EMS:
Spoiler!

Did I miss any?

twitchyzero 03-25-2012 11:58 PM

wouldn't it be worth your while to wait for bioware to make their new ending?

Eclypz 03-26-2012 02:13 PM

I got robbed of 60,000cr on PS3 Multiplayer mode :(
I tried buying a Spectre pack and i got a message saying a problem has occurred and to contact support.

I then see my credits got returned, but I still wanted to buy my Spectre pack, so I quit the game, went back in, and noticed my 60K credits were gone, with no new equipment...

Just a warning to you PS3 players

SkinnyPupp 03-26-2012 08:48 PM

I really liked Mass Effect 1 and 2, but for some reason can't get into 3 at all.

Vansterdam 03-27-2012 06:38 AM

mass effect is all about trying to score with aliens lol

palepilsenpin0y 03-27-2012 03:55 PM

Finally finished the game a couple of days ago.

I spent just over 50 hours completing almost every single thing there is to do.

The game was amazing (& emotionally gripping) overall..... except for the ending. I can see where all the hate is coming from. It was a masterpiece until the final 10 minutes.

Here's pretty much all the main reasons why it did blow. *Spoilers below*

Ch28 04-04-2012 12:02 AM

http://i.imgur.com/5NK0j.jpg

Dickson_Top 04-04-2012 10:16 AM

Mass Effect, Web Campaigns and the Five Stages of Bereapment - Forbes

Hilarious cut-up of the critics. Not necessarily a defense of Bioware, but...

Glove 04-05-2012 09:58 AM

http://i.imgur.com/N7pfi.jpg

RacePace 04-05-2012 09:40 PM

Playing through it now, so awesome. Many great moments

twitchyzero 04-05-2012 10:58 PM

new ending coming in the summer as free DLC

BN-604 04-06-2012 12:24 AM

BEST GAME EVER!