REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Good car rental places? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/632868-good-car-rental-places.html)

NeoDestinyZ 12-15-2010 07:22 PM

Good car rental places?

Hey guys, helping out a friend here. Does anyone know any places that would lend out some decent cars out for a class 7 or under the age 25? I know there might be some restrictions, but is it possible for them to rent out some decent sport cars or even exotic ones if possible?

!Aznboi128 12-15-2010 07:32 PM

Under 25 most places only let you have a "compact". Chances is no.
Posted via RS Mobile

donjalapeno 12-15-2010 07:36 PM

i was going to rent a car for a grad trip but they wouldnt let me, they said it needs to be under your dads name. They said even if its under my dads name I cant drive it. So i dont knwo this was last year.

Budget in downtown has some new sonatas which is ballin

RevRav 12-15-2010 07:38 PM

Good luck....

PJ 12-15-2010 08:33 PM

Not a chance. You'd be lucky to get a Ford Focus.

JS1988 12-15-2010 08:38 PM

At enterprise/national you can be added as a second driver to someone older. There would be a young driver AND additional driver charge on it. If you get full insurance it shouldn't be a problem to get into a fullsize sedan or even a premium. Which means cars like bmw 3 series, c classes, lincolns, fusions, sonatas, maximas, g37, volvos, etc can all be rented.

Maybe not totally baller cars, but way nicer than your average rental.

Sp0r3 12-15-2010 08:41 PM

I would just forget big name rental shops. Avis, Hertz, and National have a policy to rent to customers age 25 or above. Budget and Dollar will rent to people between 21 and 24 with a surcharge. So depending on how "under" you are with the age 25, you may or may not be able to rent a car at all. Even if you can, the surcharge may be more than what is economically feasible.

If you want "some decent sports car or even exotic ones", your best chance is if you have a friend who has one, pay him money to let you borrow it for the trip. Not sure about your plan for the trip, but if alcohol may be part of your plan, I HIGHLY suggest you not risk the chance of ruining your friend's car, no matter what it may be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS1988 (Post 7229673)
At enterprise/national you can be added as a second driver to someone older. There would be a young driver AND additional driver charge on it..

I thought to be added as the second driver, the first driver would also have to be present for the trip.

PJ 12-15-2010 08:42 PM

^Yeah, I looked into Enterprise few months ago too.. after everything it wasn't really worth it, IMO. Better off asking an uncle or something to borrow his car.

JS1988 12-15-2010 09:00 PM

The first driver doesn't necessarily have to be in the car. They are simply the person the contract is under and the person who provides the credit card. That means that if anything happens it is still the originals drivers responsibility to cover the car. If you get the insurance the original driver can walk away with 0$ deductible.