REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-25-2017, 10:24 PM   #701
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Catwoman is DC...just sayin'
should've known that... corrected.
Advertisement
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #702
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
13 Reasons Why... wow, got tricked into watching it (was told it was actually something else and not a teen drama about suicide) but kept up with it as it was enthralling. It literally brought me to tears with that suicide scene. My heart went out to ppl with emotional issues and their families before, but after that scene damn even more so

It was a good show could have been better as with all things but yeah pretty powerful

8/10
Just finished 13 Reasons Why. Really well researched, acted and presented. Yes many of the roles are typical but I still became very attached to the characters. As a father of two young daughters it was very emotional.

Definitely worth a watch.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2017, 06:01 AM   #703
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Looks not bad
Old 05-09-2017, 02:25 AM   #704
HELP ME PLS!!!

13 reasons why 7/10
A fictional drama on a touchy subject. It's easy to imagine that this actually happens in real life sometimes.
Spoiler!

Sense8 9/10
Plot holes and irrational actions, but cinematography and art is on point.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #705
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Master of None (Season 2)

9/10

Mama mia dat italiano girl
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #706
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Show had me in tears becase it was so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
Master of None (Season 2)

9/10

Mama mia dat italiano girl

Spoiler!
Old 05-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #707

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #708
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Sense8 still quite good so far. I really like the crazy action scenes when they're all working together. The mystery is interesting and I find it clearer than season 1 (as I can recall anyway, I remember being unclear on some parts of the plot last season)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:17 PM   #709
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Watched Sense8 over the weekend, first n second seasons it's pretty good, the characters are interesting, and the actors good (the recasting of capheus threw me off a bit) aside for some holes/errors... Thumbs up

Though the last episode of season 2 seemed rather rushed, gotta wait who knows how long now for season 3 :/
It'd be nice if Netflix didn't have their shows take a year or so off between seasons and instead give us 2-3 seasons a year lol ��

Season finale of Riverdale was good too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #710
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
God damn Aziz is a talented fuck. That Master of None might be some of the best comedy writing/directing I've seen in a show since Louie. Really great show, 10/10 easily.

That second from last hour long episode in New York with him and the girl was superb television.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #711

Huh I checked out the first episode and found it to be just fine... Will check out more
Old 05-17-2017, 03:51 AM   #712

Finished The Get Down. Overall I'd say there's half of a really good show buried in there somewhere. The callbacks and references were all fun. I thought it was funny when they played a Caz mixtape and it was the lyrics that were stolen on Rapper's Delight (of course it didn't sound like a mixtape, it sounded like a studio recording which kind of ruins is).

Then they had "him" rap that part on stage

Then they played it at the end of the series. They even edited the song so they played the ripped off part followed by the verse “But whatever you do in your lifetime, You never let an MC steal your rhyme.”

I mean it's a good point to make, but come on... We get it.

The anachronistic music, which I think I complained about several times already, really brought the show down for me. Like way too much... Maybe if I didn't love rap I wouldn't care. But I see it as a punch in the face to the people they are supposedly paying tribute to. I don't even care about disco but shouldn't Mylene's songs at least sound like disco rather than Rihanna songs?

I hope whoever made the series can come up with something along the same lines but BETTER in those ways. I'd say if you like hip hop, don't bother watching it. On Netflix go watch Evolution of Hip Hop episodes 1-3 instead.

Oh and what's with the Dizzee/Thor relationship... were they too chicken shit to have a gay romance on the show or was it the actor? All they could do was heavily infer a relationship. Instead of sex they had a paint party, but Shaolin reacted like it wasn't just paint being sprayed all over the place

It made it look like the show was oddly edited after it was made, like Will Smith went in and said no way we're having my son kiss a dude on TV, cut that out. Not a big complaint but just odd.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #713
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Finished The Get Down. Overall I'd say there's half of a really good show buried in there somewhere. The callbacks and references were all fun. I thought it was funny when they played a Caz mixtape and it was the lyrics that were stolen on Rapper's Delight (of course it didn't sound like a mixtape, it sounded like a studio recording which kind of ruins is).

Then they had "him" rap that part on stage

Then they played it at the end of the series. They even edited the song so they played the ripped off part followed by the verse “But whatever you do in your lifetime, You never let an MC steal your rhyme.”

I mean it's a good point to make, but come on... We get it.

The anachronistic music, which I think I complained about several times already, really brought the show down for me. Like way too much... Maybe if I didn't love rap I wouldn't care. But I see it as a punch in the face to the people they are supposedly paying tribute to. I don't even care about disco but shouldn't Mylene's songs at least sound like disco rather than Rihanna songs?

I hope whoever made the series can come up with something along the same lines but BETTER in those ways. I'd say if you like hip hop, don't bother watching it. On Netflix go watch Evolution of Hip Hop episodes 1-3 instead.

Oh and what's with the Dizzee/Thor relationship... were they too chicken shit to have a gay romance on the show or was it the actor? All they could do was heavily infer a relationship. Instead of sex they had a paint party, but Shaolin reacted like it wasn't just paint being sprayed all over the place

It made it look like the show was oddly edited after it was made, like Will Smith went in and said no way we're having my son kiss a dude on TV, cut that out. Not a big complaint but just odd.
Totally agree with you, that's why I found myself not getting into the first season.

They have so much good music material to draw from, but I found the music they developed for the show was kind of corny, almost "Glee" like.

That main song they were using for the girl her "hit song" last season was brutal, so strange that a show about 70/80s hiphop and funk (golden era music) can have such poorly made music in the show.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #714
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Master of None really hit its stride in season 2. I read his book, and didn't think much of it even though it was a best-seller. His way of thinking really comes through better in the show though with some of the best use of "text" based relationships shown on TV i've seen.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #715
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Watched season 2 of master of None
This season really hit home for me, so I was thoroughly impressed there are a few, what seemed like, filler eps, which kind of brought it down, but they were still good episodes (religion, death castle, n thanksgiving) looking forward to season 3

9/10

Skinny I feel ya on The Get Down, if u read up on the research and the advisors that the director brought on board tho ya might be even more shocked n left a bit more "wtf?" at the result of the show hehe

I can't remember I think it was variety mag had an in depth article on the work put into the show
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #716

That's the same reason why I gave it 9/10. Those random episodes
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #717
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I busted out laughing when Tupac's "only god can judge me" started playing while the Muslim kid was munching on bacon in the "religion" episode.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #718
God of Unce

Thug Lyfe
Old 05-18-2017, 11:58 AM   #719
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
i think those random episodes were kinda cool, the writing for master of none is very good, the end episodes romance scenes are pretty cringe worthy lol
Old 05-30-2017, 02:24 AM   #720
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Master of None season 2 was awesome. Alessandra Mastronardi's accent and mannerisms were so fucking cute. I guess I'm in the minority in saying that I thoroughly enjoyed the episodes that focused on other people beside Dev, Arnold, and Francesa.

The Thanksgiving episode with them all coming full circle at the end was really enjoyable, and the dance sequence inside Dev's apartment was great.

Loved that episode so much
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2017, 02:53 AM   #721
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts

just watched this... learn more about the child that wants to change HK... but failed
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #722

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts

On Netflix and was surprisingly really good lol
Old 06-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #723
I subscribe to Revscene

master of none is my favorite thing. master of none is my favorite....thing!
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #724
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Aziz bringing me on a feel trip with the last two episodes of the new season of Master of None. DEM FEEELS. fkn relatable
Posted via RS Mobile
E.D.C.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2017, 09:27 PM   #725
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
13 reasons why was very very good. The story was very believable and a cool concept and the acting was very good. The only complaint was that it was a little slow at times. I'm 16 years removed from high school but it still hit home hard. Could put yourself in a few different pairs of shoes and relate to different characters. . I was the awkward teenager, had a group of popular friends, and was bullied to some extent and did some bullying all at different times. It might seem like dumb reasons to kill yourself but remember teenagers brains aren't as rational as adults. Not fitting in is a huge deal in high school and I'm sure a lot of us have had feelings at one time or another.