REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Shanghai (https://www.revscene.net/forums/633237-shanghai.html)

choda 12-20-2010 01:14 PM

Shanghai

So I'm leaving for Shanghai Jan 4th and was just wondering if anyone has any personal experiences there, and places/things I should definitely see. Does anyone know any good markets to buy fake things? Rub and tugs? Hahahaha Thanks!

Ulic Qel-Droma 12-31-2010 10:15 AM

I don't think shanghai has much fake goods. But I could be wrong.

Do u know anyone there?

I was there for 2 weeks but all I did was party and sleep. I didn't even see the city or day light except when I came home from partying.
Rub n tugs. Lol, 20min cab ride away from centre of city there are uh brightly white and pink lit windows with girls playing cards and smoking cigarettes that stare you down and their pimps aggressively ask u to come in. I don't remember where it was lol. I don't think rub n tug is on the list. You have a hand. They have vaginas. Prob cost u like 20 bux cad for everything. China is fucked up like that.

Anyway, just go clubbing or to a ktv. You can easily pickup or meet girls at those places especially if they're PR girls or JD (jiu dian) girls. Just tip em and they'll party with u wherever u go and prob go home with you if you've got the game of an 18 year old. Make sure u get a table with your friends.

If you know locals. Use them. They know all the good places to bring u. Just remember in a city like shanghai, money talks.

Food... Lol most places are good.
There's a street food corner on:
Wan4 hang2 du4 lu4 & Chan2 shou4 lu4
Ppl told me some of the street meat could be rat, after I ate it. But whatever. It tasted good, I didn't get sick or die, and it was cheap hahahahahaha!

Like I said if u know locals or expats, use them. Don't be afraid to throw money around a little. At the clubs. Just have a good time. Remember shanghai is wild. The girls are looking for the same thing as you and are way more open and direct. Be aggressive. No means yes. Let them hit on you. Follow those rules and by the end of the night you should have your choice of 5+ girls.

As for sight seeing, whatever. Its fuckin cold around now. Just go see the pudong skyline. Maybe go up that tower. I duno what else there really is to do.

Clubs:
Muse1: kinda like top 40, not bad
Muse2: electronic
Muse3: more hiphop type
Richey: top 40, go there at the end of the night, it opens till 530 I think. 24h ktv beside it
Richey baby: kinda like another richey but in a more central location
G+: not bad, electronic
obama: super nice club, definitely check it out when its busy

There are a few after hours clubs like dragon, but I didn't get a chance to check em out. Heard they open hella late and everyone's drugged up. Typical after hours.

Shopping aint cheap, go to hk for that shit
Like I said, just go pick girls up at clubs and party and enjoy how wild and direct they are. Enjoy the level of service you get everywhere. That's about all I can say shanghai has to offer. Booze pussy, drugs, and servant-slaves. Have fun.
Posted via RS Mobile

Ulic Qel-Droma 12-31-2010 10:20 AM

Hm... Some more shit

Don't get fooled by the beggars there. There's tons. Especially outside clubs at night. Its all organized. And they're hella annoying and persistent. The little toddler kid beggars use cute tactics to get you.
Don't be afraid to tell em to fuck off or even knock the cup outta their hands. They'll follow u for blocks sometimes. Most of them try to sell you shitty roses.

Watch out for fake 50rmb bills. Don't give cab drivers 100's for that reason, give em 20's or less.

If u wear a backpack or whatever. Watch it. During the day crowded areas. You could get pick pocketed. Shit like iphones etc.

Learn to distinguish the girls that just want to use you from the ones that want to know you. You can fuck em both, but only the latter are worth keeping around.

Lol that's it.
Posted via RS Mobile

Greenstoner 12-31-2010 11:26 AM

although im not thinking going to shanghai but Ulic's post makes me feel horny

votrechien 01-08-2011 01:06 PM

Just walk down Nanjing road for 5 minutes...the pimps will find you.

Finding faking shit is no problem...again, just walk down Nanjing road.

In terms of sights, there's not necessarily a whole lot to see in Shanghai in the historical sense...it's a very modern city (compared to Beijing, Xian, etc..)

lol 02-28-2011 07:29 PM

Good posts ulic. I am a tall white dude wanting to go Shanghai and/or HK one day. I love asian girls lol. Honestly like one of the biggest reasons I would go there would be to party and meet girls. I would also like to find normal chicks not just dirty PR's. I'm guessing it would be wise to bring some friends who are somewhat familiar with the language haha.

jmvdesign 05-27-2011 08:57 AM

Spending 4 days in Shanghai for a business trip. Can anyone recommend if it's a good idea to buy electronics there (heard people purchasing fake stuff)? And looking for places to shop. How much cheaper is it really for commodities in China? We've already consulted with a travel agent for a two-day Shanghai. I will be staying around Shanghai, Pudong. Thanks for the feedback.

votrechien 05-27-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmvdesign (Post 7449821)
Spending 4 days in Shanghai for a business trip. Can anyone recommend if it's a good idea to buy electronics there (heard people purchasing fake stuff)? And looking for places to shop. How much cheaper is it really for commodities in China? We've already consulted with a travel agent for a two-day Shanghai. I will be staying around Shanghai, Pudong. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmvdesign (Post 7449821)

Anything fake is obviously very cheap. If you're buying fake clothing, there's definitely varying degrees of quality. I've purchased Burberrys that fell apart after 1 wash and others that still look new after a year. Expect to pay $10-15 at least for a reasonable quality fake.

Keep in mind the kids that come and hunt you down on Nanjing Road offering to bring you to their shops are paid a commission by the shops and aren't employees of the shop. They get 25% of the price, so immediately your prices go up 25%.

Don't expect to get any legitimate brand name items for cheap. North America has some of the cheapest prices in the World (especially relative to China) on brand name items, including electronics. Little gadgets you can sometimes score a good deal on, but generally, I wouldn't recommend buying a laptop or other major electronics from China.