REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Pet Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/pet-forum_281/)
-   -   3 yr old dog trouble jumping and running (https://www.revscene.net/forums/633555-3-yr-old-dog-trouble-jumping-running.html)

jonwon 12-24-2010 07:24 PM

3 yr old dog trouble jumping and running

So, today my dog randomly started having trouble jumping up on the bed and couches. Also, he cant run as fast or go up and down stairs as quickly as he did previously... He looks kinda depressed and hasn't smiled :( Vets are closed today until tuesday and I gotta spend the next couple days worrying and shit. Has this happened to anyone else's dog? He eats, walks and poops normally too. My dad suspects that he pulled a muscle or injured his back; I'm praying it's nothing too serious.

ImportXxX 12-24-2010 07:56 PM

what kind of dog is it?? you should have it check out quick..you don't have to goto your own vet for now..i believe there is a emergency 24h vet on fraser street & 41...

jonwon 12-24-2010 08:14 PM

he's a pure bred havanese

I think I'll wait till tomorrow and if there's no improvement then I will head over to the place you suggested. Thanks

Edison_Chen 12-24-2010 10:47 PM

The place on 41st and Fraser is Atlas Animal Hospital, and I don't recommend them at all. I've heard negative comments regarding that place.

racerman88 12-25-2010 10:36 AM

give your dog some time. they pull muscles like we do. Just keep an eye on him

Lil Bastrd 12-29-2010 02:39 PM

So what ended up being the verdict. If they are eating, drinking, and pottying fine I wouldn't rush out to the emergency. Hopefully it was just a pulled muscle.

BorLorBao 12-29-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen (Post 7240275)
The place on 41st and Fraser is Atlas Animal Hospital, and I don't recommend them at all. I've heard negative comments regarding that place.

Agreed, they have terrible service and gave me the wrong prescription for my dog. I went back the next day to clarify the prescription and they couldn't find my file. They are not organized and they don't look professional. I will never recommend or bring my pets there again.

Phil@rise 12-30-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen (Post 7240275)

only used em for fixin up my dog once (after a big fight) and they did great.
As for jumpin to a vet immediately cus your dog seems a little off I prefer the wait a couple day route. Dogs just like people have off days they pull muscles or other minor injuries often through regular play and daily activity.

jonwon 12-30-2010 06:01 PM

ya hes running fine now :) i guess he just pulled a muscle