REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   best places to take kids on weekends?? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/635136-best-places-take-kids-weekends.html)

jpoon 03-09-2011 12:24 AM

Cypress mountain! Take advantage of the good weather and the fabulous snow!

whitescirocco 03-16-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdp (Post 7334950)
Cypress mountain! Take advantage of the good weather and the fabulous snow!

I agree! You don't even need to spend any money to have fun up there! Walk around and play in the snow sounds like fun to me!!

FerrariEnzo 03-18-2011 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 737! (Post 7286921)
um toysrus? might be hard to get them outta there unless you have something to lure them haha

your going to go broke.. haha... once they know about this place, they alway want to go... my kids are like that.. everytime we go out, they ask if we are going to Toys R Us..

grab a camera and head to a park.. kids always like to be in front of a camera..

pastarocket 03-19-2011 06:52 PM

Hume Park in Coquitlam, near North Road, is a big park with a kids playground and water park. A good place for family outings in the summer. The downside is the limited number of parking spots there.

corollagtSr5 03-21-2011 03:19 AM

cates park in deep cove, theres a dock, a pirate ship playground, a concession stand. Can have a bbq there.

TheNewGirl 03-21-2011 07:06 AM

If you want a road trip and have your passport, Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle's a fun trip too. The kids get all excited cause they're going to the states, and their Zoo is WAY better than ours.

the_rickster 03-21-2011 10:57 AM

cates park is pretty dope.

MrGoodbar 03-24-2011 01:51 PM

my vote still goes to taking them to a place that you can let them run around, tire themselves out so that they just tire themselves out so you can just pick them up throw them in the car for a nice quiet trip home and a quiet afternoon off. Play Playce at mcdonalds is awesome. eat before you go, then buy a small coffee for using their space for your kids. "What? I bought your coffee, now my kids are gonna play in your Play Playce" :troll:

ConCho 04-17-2011 04:33 PM

Well if your kids are 3+ they seem to enjoy almost anything.

Bringing them to parks is a big YES. Try Elizabeth park just for the view and the kids might like it. I'm not 100% they will but it's a safe bet.

quasi 04-20-2011 01:26 AM

My 4 year old really loved Granville Island. They have the area with all the toy stores and then head over to the market, grab some lunch and eat it near the water. Nice weather is a must, much better in the summer.

Edit: I originally typed gastown, I meant granville island. Don't post when you should be sleeping.

mk1freak 04-20-2011 01:43 PM

i thought that gastown would be good and it all the depnds on the day IAH.
i sure don't want someone to try and sell some stolen goods to me while the kids are there or even have someone offer to go down on me for 5 bucks. :/

quasi 04-20-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 7400100)
i thought that gastown would be good and it all the depnds on the day IAH.
i sure don't want someone to try and sell some stolen goods to me while the kids are there or even have someone offer to go down on me for 5 bucks. :/

LOL, can you tell I posted late. I typed gastown but I meant Granville Island. Haha, ya gastown might be kind of sketch.

abdulclamwacker 05-17-2011 09:48 PM

Actually I find that Richmond has the best public parks all over the place. New and nice. Just need to keep away from those mainlanders not cleaning up after their dogs. It seems to be common practice not to clean up after they shit on the ground.

Even worse, I've seen them clean up their dogs ass in the water areas where the kids play.........

That was my que to leave.

Gerbs 05-17-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 7299000)
Michael Jacksons House! :troll:

fuck you go die.

mruppal 05-18-2011 02:50 PM

chucky cheeeeeeeeeeese

Wetordry 05-19-2011 07:38 AM

http://vancouver.ca/parks/cc/kerrisd...lace_arena.cfm

Mr.HappySilp 05-19-2011 04:32 PM

Swimming, ice skarting or even to Stanely park for bike ride.

cruz-in 06-03-2011 11:39 AM

after all that , get em a happy meal... mmm... happy meals...

redpanda28 06-14-2011 08:55 PM

take them on a scavenger hunt?

instantneedles 06-15-2011 12:13 AM

i highly suggest doing activities that stimulate their brain or would help them build a skillset which also involves making use of the 6 senses. You should definetly refrain from allowing your kid to play games, watch tv, or play with an ipad (i know sounds ridiculous but i've actually seen a kid no more than 3 play with his own ipad) because then they just sit there and get addicted to it. When you know you can ride a bicycle just as easily on the screen than in real life, there wouldn't be a reason to learn it the hard way is there? I always feel bad whenever I see children that don't have parents that spend time with them and who resort to games and tv to occupy their time....

-biking, tricycle to start
-stanley park, feeding the ducks
-the beach during the summer, for building sand castles and playing with water
-a swimming pool and teach them how to float (swimming is a skill they definetly must learn)
-hiking
-any park that has slides, swings, etc

gaogao69 06-15-2011 11:42 AM

take them to a strip club and let then see some ASS N TITTIES ASS N TITTIES

instantneedles 06-17-2011 11:42 PM

Remmember if u take them to the park, to watch wat they touch. I saw this kid once, pick up a cigarette butt off the ground and started pretending he was lightin one up in front of his friends. Got the all the gestures goin too. No joke.
Posted via RS Mobile

SpicyToFu 06-20-2011 09:34 PM

Go for a scenic cruise and get them interested in cars...gotta start them when they are young

bestsoup 06-28-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodbar (Post 7299006)
David Oppenheimer elementary school has a really nice open field with a large playground around the fraserview area. it's west of the fraserview golfcourse. the park i think it's called bobalink park. Or take your kids to the driving range and teach them how to hit balls. damn with the weather like it is these days i wanna hit the driving range a bit.

Did you go to opp too?

ontopic: granville island