REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   Racist Post? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/635554-racist-post.html)

MindBomber 01-19-2011 05:27 PM

Racist Post?

If I see a racist post is there an appropriate way for me to bring it up with a moderator?

Soundy 01-19-2011 05:37 PM

Click the little red triangle at the bottom-left of the post.

But you're gonna be really busy if you start flagging racist posts in Fight Club...

MindBomber 01-19-2011 06:31 PM

Thanks Soundy.

I expect racist posts in fight club, but in the regular forum it bugs me.

bcrdukes 01-19-2011 07:13 PM

Link to post, please?

!Aznboi128 01-19-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 7271884)
Link to post, please?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/burna...62#post7271662

MindBomber 01-19-2011 08:47 PM

Thats it.

Thanks !aznboi128.

Soundy 01-19-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !aznboi128 (Post 7271886)

That's IT?? :speechless::nicethread::stfu:

There are entire THREADS with racist titles (the "twangers chicks" thread comes to mind). There's hardly a thread in any forum that goes over two pages without some kind of crack that some thin-skinned wanker could cry "racist!" about... even Police Forum. So racism is fine if it's directed toward various Asians or blacks or something, but not against natives? :failed:

MindBomber 01-19-2011 09:59 PM

If you want my honest opinion Soundy, it bugs me when I see any post with comments that could be perceived as racist; aside from the twanger chicks thread since I enjoy that to much to care.

I just ignore those racist posts however, because I'm not a member of the race the comment was directed at and I'd rather let someone of the offended race handle it if they wish. In this case, I am a member of the offended race and I don't see anything wrong with speaking up and saying I think what is said was racist and it offends me.

lowside67 01-19-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7272099)
That's IT?? :speechless::nicethread::stfu:

There are entire THREADS with racist titles (the "twangers chicks" thread comes to mind). There's hardly a thread in any forum that goes over two pages without some kind of crack that some thin-skinned wanker could cry "racist!" about... even Police Forum. So racism is fine if it's directed toward various Asians or blacks or something, but not against natives? :failed:

I'd thank this if I could.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7272119)
If you want my honest opinion Soundy, it bugs me when I see any post with comments that could be perceived as racist; aside from the twanger chicks thread since I enjoy that to much to care.

I just ignore those racist posts however, because I'm not a member of the race the comment was directed at and I'd rather let someone of the offended race handle it if they wish. In this case, I am a member of the offended race and I don't see anything wrong with speaking up and saying I think what is said was racist and it offends me.

If a one line post like that is upsetting, you arent really ready for non-AOL-childlocked version of the internet, sorry.

MindBomber 01-19-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 7272273)
If a one line post like that is upsetting, you arent really ready for non-AOL-childlocked version of the internet, sorry.

I didn't make a thread in this forum so everyone on RS could chime in that I'm a child and that I need to have less sensitive about issues that concern my race, I'm steadfast and proud of my belief that their is no place for racism of any degree in our society. If you don't feel the need to comment on this issue make a thread in fight club and I'll happily discuss the issue there. I raised the issue to mods and they can handle the issue as they see fit.

FN-2199 01-20-2011 12:39 AM

In my opinion, that post was just racial profiling. Not quite being racist. If he had said any other race, it would still be fine.
I guess it just sounds more derogatory than it really should be, considering all the politics and racism behind First Nations people. I know why you're feeling offended, but you shouldn't feel this way. Get used to racial profiling. We all taste it one way or another.
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 01-20-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7272119)

Then you, sir, are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Soundy 01-20-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRESHvibe (Post 7272352)
In my opinion, that post was just racial profiling. Not quite being racist. If he had said any other race, it would still be fine.
I guess it just sounds more derogatory than it really should be, considering all the politics and racism behind First Nations people. I know why you're feeling offended, but you shouldn't feel this way. Get used to racial profiling. We all taste it one way or another.
Posted via RS Mobile

Hey! My pasty white ass resents that!

'Scuse me, I have people to oppress and women to beat :P

Soundy 01-20-2011 03:36 AM

Waitasec... aren't you the same douche who was complaining that getting Failed on RS would destroy your self-worth? Oh yeah... http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...&postcount=218

I have a suggestion: you need to hang up your modem and get off teh internetz... your skin is way too thin to survive here. That's not a racial thing, that's just a little advice from me personally to you personally.

!Aznboi128 01-20-2011 04:45 AM

op's question's been answered if there is any more discussion please take it to fight club