REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Did ICBC F*CK ME AGAIN? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638281-did-icbc-f%2Ack-me-again.html)

Shead 02-21-2011 04:30 PM

Did ICBC F*CK ME AGAIN?

hey guys, so i recently just got my licence back after suspension (i was not racing if u guys want to know) i got my back after a heft admin fee. It issues 2010-dec and expires 2012 jul. My N test resets as well due to the incident, and i cant take it till 2012 dec...... so i pretty much have only 2 yrs on the new licence AND i have to renew it again before i get to take the exam. is there some sort of error? should i even bother going into ICBC and inquire? any information would be nice, thx you in advance.

RevYouUp 02-21-2011 04:33 PM

Dec 2012...it's going to be too late :)

RevRav 02-21-2011 04:55 PM

Would your birthday be so happen to be in July?

s300ae 02-21-2011 04:57 PM

shit. that sucks. i had the same thing happen to me, but i got my road test a month before my license expired. ICBC is out to make money. you can try to argue your case since the expiry and road test are within the same year, but it is not guaranteed you'll book/ or pass you drivers test in December so you might be out of luck. you can write to ministry of transportation pleading your case that it will cost you double to get you actual license within a year, but they might throw your driving record in your face. if it was me, id call and at least ask. doesnt hurt to save at least $75.

baggdis300 02-21-2011 05:05 PM

driving record should not matter, when i got mine back it was valid for 2 years...

TheNewGirl 02-21-2011 05:56 PM

Aye, you can write them and ask. Ultimately, if they say no, this is yet another cost that for driving recklessly.

ICBC is not screwing you, you screwed you, own up to that. It's the grown up thing to do.

Fafine 02-21-2011 05:58 PM

only 17 dollars to renew your license..

edit: had it mixed up with lost license.

s300ae 02-21-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 7314283)
only 17 dollars to renew your license..

please tell me where you go..... cuz thats a pretty good deal?!

To Renew Your License

You will need to bring with you:

* one piece of primary and one piece of secondary identification, and
* the renewal fee of $75.

noventa 02-21-2011 06:11 PM

du meh

s300ae 02-21-2011 06:12 PM

oh my bad...

unless youre 5-year renewal for seniors (65+) $17

l2_narain 02-21-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shead (Post 7314138)
hey guys, so i recently just got my licence back after suspension (i was not racing if u guys want to know) i got my back after a heft admin fee. It issues 2010-dec and expires 2012 jul. My N test resets as well due to the incident, and i cant take it till 2012 dec...... so i pretty much have only 2 yrs on the new licence AND i have to renew it again before i get to take the exam. is there some sort of error? should i even bother going into ICBC and inquire? any information would be nice, thx you in advance.

Same thing happened to me. Went to ICBC and said they can't do nothing about it.

baggdis300 02-21-2011 07:13 PM

if you think thats bad, the enhanced DL is a major cash grab

if i move i have to pay another 27$ to get a new card with the correct address without renewing the DL....
and when i renew its 110$

complete BS

in washington the enhanced dl is only 20$.......

Shead 02-21-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7314277)
Aye, you can write them and ask. Ultimately, if they say no, this is yet another cost that for driving recklessly.

ICBC is not screwing you, you screwed you, own up to that. It's the grown up thing to do.

i am owing up to it by paying the damn fine. i renewed the licence, and it comes with 2yrs only, back then you get 5yrs and its in conflict with my bday in july. Grown up thing to do is for ICBC to stop jerking 'the people'. i am not going to write them a bs letter because you now need to send them letter with money anyway, i might as well pay the renewal. least i know now im not the only one with this problem, thank you all for the quick response.

Spy228 02-21-2011 09:34 PM

You got it re-issued, not renewed. For you license to be renewed, that means it would have to expire, but you are unable to drive properly and got it taken away, so now you got it back with the original expiry date... you fucked yourself

Shead 02-21-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spy228 (Post 7314615)
You got it re-issued, not renewed. For you license to be renewed, that means it would have to expire, but you are unable to drive properly and got it taken away, so now you got it back with the original expiry date... you fucked yourself

thank you for clearing up why the 2yr expiring date.

Dragon-88 02-22-2011 08:06 AM

You pay $75 to renew your license when it expires, then when you go in for your class 5 and pass you then only have to pay $17 because you renewed within 6monthes.

originalhypa 02-22-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggdis300 (Post 7314391)
if i move i have to pay another 27$ to get a new card with the correct address without renewing the DL....

The funny thing about your reply is that while I was reading it, I was on hold with the motor vehicle branch to make an appointment for an enhanced DL address change.

:fullofwin:

Shun Izaki 02-22-2011 09:41 AM

bah, i always forget to renew my license... it doesn't cost so much... you'll forget it... have a coffee...

Soundy 02-22-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggdis300 (Post 7314391)
if you think thats bad, the enhanced DL is a major cash grab

complete BS

in washington the enhanced dl is only 20$.......

Washington makes up the difference with REALLY insane speeding fines.

TheNewGirl 02-22-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shead (Post 7314604)
i am owing up to it by paying the damn fine. i renewed the licence, and it comes with 2yrs only, back then you get 5yrs and its in conflict with my bday in july. Grown up thing to do is for ICBC to stop jerking 'the people'. i am not going to write them a bs letter because you now need to send them letter with money anyway, i might as well pay the renewal. least i know now im not the only one with this problem, thank you all for the quick response.

No. If you had driven safely then you wouldn't have this problem. So ultimately, it's a consequences of your actions. That's part of 'owning up to it'. Not just selectively accepting blame for the minimal consequences and rejecting those that are bothersome as if they're "not fair" or you're "being screwed".

hk20000 02-22-2011 12:18 PM

so you can't renew the license between the period of July 2012 and Dec 2012?

I think you can renew an L if I am not mistaken.

Like the other dude says you only pay $17 to go from L to N so you are dinged for one renewal only.

Which is chump change in the grand scheme of things...