REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Groupon Today: Steve Nash Fitness $19 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638354-groupon-today-steve-nash-fitness-%2419.html)

TRDood 02-22-2011 10:22 AM

Groupon Today: Steve Nash Fitness $19

For those who are interested, Steve Nash fitness club 1 month deal $19

http://www.groupon.com/deals/steve-n...er-1?c=dnb&p=1

sonick 02-22-2011 10:28 AM

FYI: That this is for Steve Nash FITNESS WORLD not SPORTS CLUB! Got screwed over by it once myself...

Jsunu 02-22-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7315211)
Note that this is for Steve Nash FITNESS WORLD not SPORTS CLUB! Got screwed over by it once...

Shoot man thanks for pointing it out. Wanted to try out the SC Richmond Facilities... not fitness world :(

TRDood 02-22-2011 10:31 AM

:fuuuuu:

WHAT!!!

shit. i want a groupon refund...

dachinesedude 02-22-2011 10:32 AM

good deal....

if it was for sports club, fitness world sux

Benz_05TSX 02-22-2011 11:10 AM

Damn, that sucks balls. Sport club is definitely worth it!

TheKingdom2000 02-22-2011 01:32 PM

Damn, I got really excited for a moment, I thought, WOW Great deal...
Posted via RS Mobile

BaoTurbo 02-22-2011 04:22 PM

There's one at Elmbridge. Close to home :)

Ludepower 02-22-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 7315220)
good deal....

if it was for sports club, fitness world sux

Sports Club or Fitness World...this is not a DEAL!

It's a trap so sales rep can harass you everyday. Their goal is to sign you up for 2+ year contracts that are hard to break. Most people quit within a couple months.

nns 02-22-2011 04:45 PM

I'm just wondering, the majority of you guys who are hating on Fitness World, do you even workout, let alone stepped into the Richmond location?

If you a) don't workout and b) haven't stepped into the Richmond location, it wouldn't matter if this deal applied to Steve Nash Sports Club. I say this because I doubt you would even be able to take advantage of a regular gym.

I know sonick works out..

edit: BTW, Steve Nash Sports Club vs. Fitness World, IMO, there are subtle and mostly negligible differences. A full squat rack is probably the biggest difference.

drunkrussian 02-22-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7315626)
I'm just wondering, the majority of you guys who are hating on Fitness World, do you even workout, let alone stepped into the Richmond location?

If you a) don't workout and b) haven't stepped into the Richmond location, it wouldn't matter if this deal applied to Steve Nash Sports Club. I say this because I doubt you would even be able to take advantage of a regular gym.

I know sonick works out..

edit: BTW, Steve Nash Sports Club vs. Fitness World, IMO, there are subtle and mostly negligible differences. A full squat rack is probably the biggest difference.

hahaha i agree with what you're saying. there are certainly a lotta people out there that don't work out or don't really need a lot to work out with, that spend hundreds on fancy gyms for equipment they don't need or use. Personally i just need an ellyptical and basic weights or machines, so i just go for the cheapest option, which is my shitty local community centre.

BUT With that said, this one month thing this is bullshit. Everyone knows that these people are gonna hound on your ass trying to get you to join during, before and after the one month. So $20 for one month of steve nash is worth it - you're going for the experience, to see what this fancy gym is all about. But to advertise a regular gym at a not very special rate, and not clearly state that it's not the fancy gym, is just bullshit.

Normally i'd give them the benefit of the doubt because they have shitty advertising models in place. However, the fitness industry's sales and marketing practices are so in your face and aggresive - I wouldn't doubt it if they purposely made this not very clear, to sell more of these coupons. Which doesnt make sense because people won't be satisfied with the purchase, won't be all that impressed with their experience and ultimately won't join for longer than a month, causing fitness world to lose money on the groupon in the end

Chronix 02-22-2011 08:01 PM

yea, im not really a work out junkie but i work out normally using cardios and basic weights. 20 is cheap.

i joined fitness world for 30/month. which is still cheaper than my crummy community center pass

vafanculo 02-22-2011 08:03 PM

$20 for one month at fitnessWORLD is really not that bad. Whats with all the hate? These days $20/mth for a gym pass is reasonable, and for people that dont work out, it could be the difference to a start of a healthy lifestyle.

And yea, you will be haggled. But in my experience all i gotta say is 'no, thanks' and walk away. heck, i been haggled more aggressively at futureshop than fitness world.

btw, I go to steve nash sports club and I love it.

Majestic12 02-22-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 7315841)

btw, I go to steve nash sports club and I love it.

Me too, the downtown one. I just wish they had more than one squat rack. When I used to go the YMCA in Calgary they had like... six or seven of them.
One rack is kind of disgraceful.

Really nice facilities though.

nns 02-22-2011 09:31 PM

6 or 7 squat racks? Like full-on adjustable crash bars and everything?

If so, that is impressive.

Ludepower 02-22-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 7315841)
$20 for one month at fitnessWORLD is really not that bad. Whats with all the hate? These days $20/mth for a gym pass is reasonable, and for people that dont work out, it could be the difference to a start of a healthy lifestyle.

The process to getting fit is long, tedious with lots of trails and errors. $20 "deal" wont make a difference towards a healthy lifestyle. It's bait for the newbs to get locked into contracts.

Im not hating...I workout consistently and make sure I use my membership. I just wanna speak against the fitness industry questionable used-car-salesman business practices.

t_sack 02-23-2011 01:39 PM

omg i JUST got my month pass somewhere else yesterday night :banghead:

Riddle 02-23-2011 03:04 PM

Lol I know what you guys are saying about the squat racks.. I work out at community centre gym and it doesn't have any. I loved it when I was at North Van and their community rec center had 3 squat racks.. 20$ is still really good deal, well not for one month term. :P

vafanculo 02-23-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludepower (Post 7316015)
The process to getting fit is long, tedious with lots of trails and errors. $20 "deal" wont make a difference towards a healthy lifestyle. It's bait for the newbs to get locked into contracts.

Im not hating...I workout consistently and make sure I use my membership. I just wanna speak against the fitness industry questionable used-car-salesman business practices.

Ofcourse it can. I'm just saying it might encourage some unfit person to take up a cheap membership for a month which he eventually keeps up into a regular gym membership, or branches out elsewhere.
Posted via RS Mobile