REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Back pain! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638522-back-pain.html)

Mr.HappySilp 02-24-2011 09:04 AM

Back pain!

So I have been having back pain for the last few weeks. It started on my lower left back then it went away. After a few days it came back and this time on my lower right back. It is very very painful! Whenever I try to move it hurts like hell! I try rubbing it but it didn't work.

Not sure if it is just the muscle but the lower spine hurts as well (the last 2 joints).

Is this something that will go away or should I go see a doctor?

I haven't change my sleeping pattern much expect maybe stay up an extra 30mins or so for the last week.

Jgresch 02-24-2011 09:09 AM

Go see a chyropractor (spelling?) it's not super cheap but feels great. Usually after 1-2 visits pain is completely gone for me. Everyone is different though, bit on your first visit, he/she will tell you what to expect.
Posted via RS Mobile

gdoh 02-24-2011 09:11 AM

im going through the same thing lol

stretch it out and exercise it every day, use a heating pad (yoga stretches )

most of the time its because you lower is really weak and you neglect it

these really helped me, but your pain still doesnt go away you should go to physio they would help more

Mr.HappySilp 02-24-2011 09:56 AM

Thanks! I did some simple stretching at work and also took some tyneol to ease the pain and my back seems to feel better.

gdoh 02-24-2011 10:02 AM

good to hear, i find that alot of the times people tend to neglect thier lower back (me being one of them cuz i get lazy) but its very important to work out the smaller muscles and stretch. =]

TheNewGirl 02-24-2011 10:36 AM

If it continues to persist for more than another week you should see your doctor. Back pain can be a symptom of a lot of internal issues (kidneys, liver, stomach, gastro-intestinal, heart, lungs... all those things). Also try using Aleve or Advil instead of Tylenol. Tylenol only numbs your perception of pain, while the others reduce inflammation which will both make you feel better and help heal your pain.

Mr.HappySilp 02-24-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7317768)
If it continues to persist for more than another week you should see your doctor. Back pain can be a symptom of a lot of internal issues (kidneys, liver, stomach, gastro-intestinal, heart, lungs... all those things). Also try using Aleve or Advil instead of Tylenol. Tylenol only numbs your perception of pain, while the others reduce inflammation which will both make you feel better and help heal your pain.

Thx! I will try Advil. It seem to never work for me in the past.

I am thinking because for the last 3 weeks or so I been glue to the computer right after dinner for several hours without taking a break that cause it. I usually take 10 to 15mins breaks after 1hour use of computer before. Too addicted to new games I suppose.

gdoh 02-24-2011 10:51 AM

^i find that have a nice chair were you can lean back sorta on a 45 is really easy to keep you back straight and not so much pressure on it. you can try sitting a rolled up towel or pillow

vash13 02-24-2011 11:08 AM

Try not to sit no longer than 20 mins at a time. Get up and move around because the body does not like to stay in one. Get up and go for a walk. If you need exercises and have othe questions feel free to pm me. I am a kinesiologist and work with people with back problems everyday.
Posted via RS Mobile

racerman88 02-26-2011 05:56 PM

lots of stretching throughout the day