REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   speed ticket issued from WA with wrong name wrong postal (https://www.revscene.net/forums/638874-speed-ticket-issued-wa-wrong-name-wrong-postal.html)

TaYab 02-28-2011 02:03 PM

speed ticket issued from WA with wrong name wrong postal

I had minor accident under very slow traffic
(I-5 near Seattle, ~60mph and I was like 20mph)
Anyways, it was little bump and the lady I bumped called the police.
I didn't know they need to write some kind of ticket involving accident whether it is minor or not.
So I got speeding under the circumstance ticket. But I didn't bother paying it because that officer stupidly wrote my name incorrectly and the address was wrong as well.
It wasn't that I could recognize his hand-writing, he just wrote it incorrectly.
Not even single alphabet in my first name is same.
Only thing he wrote correctly was my BC lisense number.
(he even wrote my plate number incorrectly)

Anyways, so do you think I need to pay this?

ImportXxX 02-28-2011 02:19 PM

what's with people getting fine and complaining on RS all the time!?? if i get a fine i pay it!
you got a ticket for probably following too close, that's why you bumped into her..i got that once in an accident when i was young and stupidd...take it as a lesson learn..obey the law..so i would pay it if you ever want to goto the state again! they have your license number

socialenemy69 02-28-2011 02:47 PM

Dont pay and take your chances crossing the border the next few months. Most likely end up getting a warrant and arrested at border crossing.

Berzerker 02-28-2011 02:49 PM

Your license number is all that is needed the rest is just academic. If you don't plan on visiting the states, don't worry about the ticket however if you do, you gotta pay. Pretty simple.

Berz out.

sho_bc 02-28-2011 10:17 PM

He said they wrote his plate wrong as well.

cho 03-01-2011 07:39 AM

"Only thing he wrote correctly was my BC lisense"

Posted via RS Mobile

Woah I can't read oops

sho_bc 03-01-2011 09:24 AM

Yeah, I assumed by that, he meant his DL#

wingies 03-01-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socialenemy69 (Post 7323202)
Dont pay and take your chances crossing the border the next few months. Most likely end up getting a warrant and arrested at border crossing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 7323204)
Your license number is all that is needed the rest is just academic. If you don't plan on visiting the states, don't worry about the ticket however if you do, you gotta pay. Pretty simple.

Berz out.

Nope, you won't have any problems crossing the borders. Border patrol doesn't care if you have an unpaid speeding ticket or whatever. ALTHOUGH if you get caught DRIVING (in the county where you were busted), not just sitting in the passenger seat, you can get arrested and thrown in jail. So its up to you whatever matters more, not paying your ticket or risk getting arrested everytime u drive.

CRS 03-01-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingies (Post 7324350)
Nope, you won't have any problems crossing the borders. Border patrol doesn't care if you have an unpaid speeding ticket or whatever. ALTHOUGH if you get caught DRIVING (in the county where you were busted), not just sitting in the passenger seat, you can get arrested and thrown in jail. So its up to you whatever matters more, not paying your ticket or risk getting arrested everytime u drive.

Hmmmm I'm not sure about that..

Unpaid ticket(s) lead(s) to a warrant for your arrest since you didn't pay/show up to court, no?

corollagtSr5 03-01-2011 01:40 PM

They take you to jail to make you pay for the ticket, as soon as you pay the ticket, they release you. However there is probably an impound fee you will have to pay as well.

gars 03-01-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7324426)
Hmmmm I'm not sure about that..

Unpaid ticket(s) lead(s) to a warrant for your arrest since you didn't pay/show up to court, no?

Yep, there are 2 different things. Some counties will just suspend your driving privileges - while others will issue a court summons for you to pay your ticket. If you don't show up - there will be an arrest warrant issued. The later might show up when you cross the border.

6793026 03-01-2011 05:36 PM

spend some money and get a diff license plate in BC and you're good to go. Cheap alternative.

Soundy 03-01-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7324772)
spend some money and get a diff license plate in BC and you're good to go. Cheap alternative.

*clicking madly where the FAIL button should be*

:failed: :failed: :failed: :failed: :failed: :failed: :failed: :failed: :failed:

FerrariEnzo 03-02-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaYab (Post 7323156)
Only thing he wrote correctly was my BC lisense number.
(he even wrote my plate number incorrectly)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 7324772)

you must not be using your brain.... his DL# is still the same... you think you can fool these people...
changing plates only work for certain things, NOT everything, like Parking Tickets... not police issued speeding tickets, they can check every history of every vehicle, DL# you ever owned.... lmao
you really want to take that chance and go to jail, have your car impounded.. Go ahead..

6793026 03-02-2011 01:36 PM

First of all, before all of the fails starts coming out, can someone confirm from a US traffic cop stand point where if you type in BCDL into their computers, that a US cop would be able to pull up all the infractions a Canadian driver for the past 10 years AND if the license plate of all the events will come up?

If your car is of "interest" of any type, your license plate could be flagged which is no uncommon, changing of license plate would help deflect the heat. Now, if you were pulled over and if you're a US resident and a US car, then once the cop enters in the license plate into the system, you can't hide.

Soundy 03-02-2011 03:02 PM

Doesn't matter if they can check the Canadian records or not - if you were busted in the US, your DL is now in THEIR system. When you go through the border, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SHOW ID. They run your license, doesn't matter if you changed plates or are in a different car or even just walking through, your name pops up with a little red flag on it... a robot arm swings out of the guard booth, grabs you by the earlobes, yanks you out of the car, and hurls your ass straight into a jail cell.

alwaysideways 03-09-2011 12:50 PM

Dont pay it. Wait 2 or 3 years, go down, get caught speeding....then update the thread on whether or not it was worth it to not pay the ticket...I'd be interested in hearing your story!