REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Got kicked out of a store, Legalities??? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/639628-got-kicked-out-store-legalities.html)

baggdis300 03-10-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 7336458)
What would be the point in swapping the faceplate? Swapping the faceplate makes no sense at all. Especially since serial numbers are engraved into the deck itself. If the unit is mint you just exchange the entire unit with the new one and return the one that is defective.

ONLY IF the unit is mint, of course. Then again, if it's mint, you could simply go to the store and say "I want to return this item because I no longer have use for it." That is IF you were under your return policy and IF the product is still in it's original condition.

I have a hard time seeing a store not returning a product in it's original shape installed or not installed.

The OP still hasn't answered whether the unit has ANY cosmetic damage to it. I am somewhat tech savvy but when it comes to electrical work, I am not too familiar with the technicalities. From my understanding, a dead pre-out will not show any sign of physical damage, correct? It makes absolutely no sense as to why a business would neglect you from returning a perfectly new conditioned item within their return policy.

As for self-installations voiding warranties, that is not true and there is a misunderstanding. When one opts out of the store installing the product, they then lose any warranty with that store and any warranty covering the installation component of the deck. However, if the fault is truly within the deck itself, it is covered under manufacturer's warranty (which would have nothing to do with Visions anyways.)

if theres damage on the face plate :duh:

Manic! 03-10-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggdis300 (Post 7336428)
how the hell does installation void warranty?

:eek3:

Because how do they know if the deck was broken from the factory or if it was broken because the person messed up the install.

parm104 03-10-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggdis300 (Post 7337278)
if theres damage on the face plate :duh:

....You're calling me stupid yet you think changing a faceplate on a deck will trick a store into thinking it's a different unit? As mentioned previously, serial numbers are stamped into the actual deck itself.

Furthermore, if OP has scratched the deck in anyway, then OF COURSE he's not entitled to a refund. That is why you pay the profesionals to do the job so they can take care of the unit itself during the installation. If it gets damaged cosmetically or functionally during the installation, they are responsible for it. If you damage it cosmetically, then YOU are responsbile for it and therefore have voided your return policy. Your warranty however is still in tact and can be used through Alpine.

speedking 03-10-2011 08:43 PM

i say get a small claim. go to website and fill up the form for small claim. bring the papers to provincial court and pay the processing fee. go back to store and talk to the manager. give him the notice so he knows he is being sued. he's got 14 days to response. make sure to ask for money and not a replacement product unless he is willing to make a deal before the court date. i've been there done that so i know what i'm talking about. i did it not for the money! i did it because i know i was right and i wont let them get away with it without a fight. after 4 months of waiting i finally got what i wanted. i win!!!!

Limitless 03-10-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baggdis300 (Post 7336428)
how the hell does installation void warranty?

kinda hard to use it without installing it....
:eek3:

This

Soundy 03-10-2011 11:25 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...ail_thread.jpg

socialenemy69 03-11-2011 12:15 AM

I guarantee you the Manager refused the refund/exchange because you bought it online from the company, not his store. Any refunds and exchanges that are purchased from other stores, in this case online, hurt that store's sales.

Its best to bench test things first before installing.

parm104 03-11-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socialenemy69 (Post 7338306)
I guarantee you the Manager refused the refund/exchange because you bought it online from the company, not his store. Any refunds and exchanges that are purchased from other stores, in this case online, hurt that store's sales.

Its best to bench test things first before installing.

Not at all true. Firstly, it would've been a benefit for his store because he now has a chance to sell a unit from his store.

What about the return you ask? Returns for defective products go GENCO or DFO. They go back to the manufacturer at NO cost to the company. Often, stores will make products defective even if they're not when a return comes so that they don't have to suffer the loss.

TheNewGirl 03-11-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 7336326)
Honestly, I'd probably contact my credit card company first.

This is a good place to start. Most cards have purchase protection of some kind.

Glove 03-11-2011 08:05 AM

who buys shit from visions?

Jsunu 03-11-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jufes (Post 7338565)
who buys shit from visions?

I know I don't anymore. Always extremely pushy when I am LEAVING the store and I always get this weird scammy vibe from the place (at least the marine location).

Cillu 03-11-2011 09:02 AM

^
This. I agree with you.

Mr.C 03-15-2011 02:05 PM

Print this out and take it with you to another store:

http://www.visions.ca/Pages/Default.aspx?contentId=5

Does not mention decks anywhere.