REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 AM   #251
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
Going to get my supplements that i ordered off bb.com tomorrow. Among the order is ON Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder. This will be my first time taking creatine so i plan on doing a loading phase for 5 days, 20 grams a day.

When taking creatine does it need to be taken with meals or can i consume alone with water? its suggested that i should drink a minimal of a gallon of water a day, does it have to be with water or can it be with any other liquids such as milk and juice?

thanks
Advertisement
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #252
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,089 Times in 114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin3se604 View Post
Going to get my supplements that i ordered off bb.com tomorrow. Among the order is ON Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder. This will be my first time taking creatine so i plan on doing a loading phase for 5 days, 20 grams a day.

When taking creatine does it need to be taken with meals or can i consume alone with water? its suggested that i should drink a minimal of a gallon of water a day, does it have to be with water or can it be with any other liquids such as milk and juice?

thanks
There's been a lot of talk about wether or not you really need to load up when starting creatine...some say yes, others say no. I loaded up and took it with warm water so the solubility would be better. Creatine that isn't dissolved is creatine that wouldn't be absorbed by the body.

If you were taking it with juice I would consider taking one that is high on the GI scale (grape juice) to get an insulin spike.
Posted via RS Mobile
dealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #253
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt View Post
There's been a lot of talk about wether or not you really need to load up when starting creatine...some say yes, others say no. I loaded up and took it with warm water so the solubility would be better. Creatine that isn't dissolved is creatine that wouldn't be absorbed by the body.

If you were taking it with juice I would consider taking one that is high on the GI scale (grape juice) to get an insulin spike.
Posted via RS Mobile
ditto except the solubility part. never heard of that. as an alternative to juice, u can use dextrose which is pretty cheap. u can find it in the wine making section of saveons and other grocery stores.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #254
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

planning on going to the states for a day on friday to do some shopping. i was wondering if anyone knew any good places to grab supplements while im down there, that would be cheaper than here(i usually get my stuff at xfuel or popeyes)...gnc pretty over priced here imo, but i unno what prices are like down there
areyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeet View Post
planning on going to the states for a day on friday to do some shopping. i was wondering if anyone knew any good places to grab supplements while im down there, that would be cheaper than here(i usually get my stuff at xfuel or popeyes)...gnc pretty over priced here imo, but i unno what prices are like down there
order from bb.com, ship it to bellingham and pick it up on the way.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #256
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
hows kaizen's creatine? saw it at Save-On for 14.99 for a 300g . I know is expensive compare to Optimum's powder ( i think is 9 bucks @ BB.com). but if it is decent then I rather get it locally.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #257
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
hows kaizen's creatine? saw it at Save-On for 14.99 for a 300g . I know is expensive compare to Optimum's powder ( i think is 9 bucks @ BB.com). but if it is decent then I rather get it locally.
that stuff is fine
i used it once and it worked great, it had a blue label right ?
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #258

here's what I'm currently supplementing on + some multi vitamins which isn't in the picture

Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #259

because im taking razor 8 as a preworkout which already contains 2.5 grams of creatine, do i take 2.5 grams of creatine powder post workout, or do i use the full 5 grams?
and
do you all use a teaspoon to measure out your creatine? I'm currently using my jack3d scoop =D

thanks
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #260

pretty sure theres a scoop inside the creatine bottle. mine came with a bright green one. just dig deeper. also, i usually ignore the creatine thats in preworkouts when measuring so id go for the full 5g. thats just me though.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #261
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

^ all whey tastes amazing i love it... but even after 3 months i still got mad shiets. Dunno which protein to try out next
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #262
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
What do you mix it in? You're probably lactose if you're mixing it in milk. Try whey isolate, it's lactose-free
Fcukedd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin3se604 View Post
because im taking razor 8 as a preworkout which already contains 2.5 grams of creatine, do i take 2.5 grams of creatine powder post workout, or do i use the full 5 grams?
and
do you all use a teaspoon to measure out your creatine? I'm currently using my jack3d scoop =D

thanks
Hey is that the old formula razor8 or new formula? What do you think of it? I don't feel the affects of stims that much so I am looking for a strong PWO supplement.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #264
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
well just ordered gold's 100% standard whey protein and MP assault from bb.com when it arrives and what not will let you know how it went

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #265
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts

For the Asians out there who know what dried pork floss is... 1/4 cup 120calories, 10g protein, tastes like heaven when added on rice, congee or just by itself
Fcukedd is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #266
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
pretty sure theres a scoop inside the creatine bottle. mine came with a bright green one. just dig deeper. also, i usually ignore the creatine thats in preworkouts when measuring so id go for the full 5g. thats just me though.
Really?!?! I bought a set of measuring spoons just to measure it because I didn't think it included one.

Just checked and didn't find anything.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #267
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeet View Post
i usually check out Super Supplements | Discount Vitamins, Supplements & Natural Products they have a store off exit 229. prices very reasonable and sometimes there sale prices are better than bodybuilding.com
therubberguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzzz View Post
Really?!?! I bought a set of measuring spoons just to measure it because I didn't think it included one.

Just checked and didn't find anything.
hm upon further thought i might be wrong. this green measuring spoon looks strangely like the one from my glutamine bottle lol my bad. but hey if u got scoop for glutamine, itll most likely be 5g so use that like i did lol
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #269
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
How to select a multi and why yours is probably garbage!

I'm sick of seeing threads on what multi to buy and then reading responses suggesting the latest crap on the market as the best. The truth is most of the multi's today are a complete waste of money and not even worth taking so I decided to make this thread telling everyone how to select a multi. Hopefully it can be bumped often so people don't need to start new threads.

The FIRST ingredient you need to look at is the vitamin B12. The reason this is the most important is because 1) it's the most expensive component in the multi and 2) it needs to be in high enough doses to be effective. B12 powers your nerves and liver function and you need a lot more than the government recommended amount (6mcg).

The cheap, inexpensive form of B12 is called cyanocobalamin. This is an inert form of B12 meaning that the cobalamin molecule has been stabilized with a cyanide molecule. This is bad because when your body has to metabolize it, it breaks it down, strips away the front end molecule (which is cyanide) and then you have to detoxify that cyanide.

So why is this bad? Because first you have to detoxify the cyanide and then it robs energy from your cells just to make it useful which is difficult if you are tired, stressed etc. Not ideal when cutting.

What you want to look for is a co-enzyme form of B12. Methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. The methylcobalamin is exactly what your liver uses as methylation reactions which power a lot of your natural biochemistry. Adenosylcobalamin is used to assemble proteins in your body and is a key marker of aging. If you don't have enough adenosylcobalamin your body can't make proteins and ages much faster.

So why is this better? Well if you have a form of a vitamin that is exactly what your body uses then it goes right into your metabolism and does its job.

So what if it's a blend of methyl and cyano etc? Well, this is simply the company being deceptive. Methylcobalamin costs literally 10 times the amount as cyanocobalamin so the company wants to use as much as the cheap stuff as possible but still have the word methylcobalamin on their label so you think it's good quality.

Food based nutrients (greens supplements).

Lets look at chlorella first. What does it do? It absorbs toxins, metals and lead etc. Perfect if you eat a lot of tuna because it will help absorb/break down the mercury in the tuna. Quality all depends on where it's sourced. Does it come from the centre of a lake or does it come from irrigation channels dug around the lake? Is it grown hydroponically? This is important because you don't want your chlorella to be laced with mercury and other crap when that's the reason you're taking it in the first place.

Minerals.

Lettuce be reality, all minerals are natural so that's not something to be worried about. What you want to look for is how the mineral is structured. So when a plant absorbs minerals and builds them into its structure we get organic minerals which are biologically bound in a way which is more compatible to how we, as humans, have evolved. Iron is a perfect example of this. If you're getting iron through your water for instance, that's going to be a highly reactive compound, potentially toxic and destructive to health. However, if you get iron from something like spinach, it's been structured with proteins and is in a form that your body knows what to do with it. So you want a form connected to proteins or a form biologically bound to something your body uses in its metabolism.

Magnesium.

Magnesium is in short supply in our food and is a critical mineral to your health for your heart, muscles etc.

Magnesium oxide is the cheap form of magnesium. The oxide itself is oxygen generating compound so when your body has to use it, it strips the oxide from the magnesium before it can use it and now you have oxides in your system. So how do you get rid of oxides? You use antioxidants (vitamin c, vitamin e, beta carotene etc). Why on earth would you want to waste your antioxidants on something you just took for your health? Makes no sense at all. Inert forms of magnesium such as magnesium gluconate, which is a sugar containing molecule of magnesium, is about 10% magnesium and 90% glucose. Not at all what your body needs.

So what are the higher quality forms of magnesium? Magnesium bis-glycinate which is magnesium double bonded to the amino acid glycine. This is the most expensive form of magnesium you can buy. So what does it do? Well, it's absorbed as a food, it doesn't even need to bind to mineral receptors. This is good because if your body isn't working quite right or you have competition for mineral absorption it doesn't matter. Next, because it's bonded to glycine it goes to your liver to help detoxification and to your nervous system to help it relax. So the magnesium goes straight in with it. This is critically important in people who are fatigued because cells all over your body have to pump magnesium inside themselves. However, the pump needs magnesium to work in the first place so if you're deficient in magnesium and your pump doesn't work you can take magnesium oxide until you're blue in the face and none of it will make it to your cells because you can't get it there. So the best way to make magnesium is to chelate it with things that go into cells. We also have magnesium malate (malic acid). Malic acid is the best compound on earth for muscle fatigue. Perfect for athletes. It will delay the onset of lactic acid so great for cutting and doing cardio.

What to look out for.

Amino acid chelate. This sounds great and it does absorb better but what is it? Well usually it's hydrolysed soy protein and you still don't know what form of magnesium was bound to that soy protein. Some companies use calcium formate which is a chemical used to accelerate concrete hardening. Not good.

Forms of multivitamins.

Capsules vs tablets? Capsules break down easier and it's easier to absorb the nutrients in them. Vege caps are the best hands down because the vegetable fibre they are made of comes from a nice vegetarian source. Gelatin is fine too but there have been a few scares that they may contain mad cow disease (gelatin comes from beef). Overall though, not something to worry about. Tablets generally use a glue like substance to hold it all together. Usually this is dicalcium phosphate which sounds nice but it's essentially just a glue. Then you have to coat the tablet and companies generally use a coloured coating which is intended to mask the smell. After that you need to glaze the tablet and companies use what's called pharmaceutical glaze (shellac) which comes from a bug. Tablets also tend to just run right through people due to the fact they are basically like a tiny piece of cement all glued together.

I hope this helps a few people out.

Cliffs:

Read the thread or continue wasting your money on worthless vitamins.
How to select a multi and why yours is probably garbage! - Bodybuilding.com Forums
Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt View Post
Hey is that the old formula razor8 or new formula? What do you think of it? I don't feel the affects of stims that much so I am looking for a strong PWO supplement.
its the new formula ( doesn't have 1 3 dimethylamylamine )

I'm on the same boat... i do'nt feel the affects of stims that much.

but as for the Razor8, its alright.. i only take half a scoop, 80 servings (1/2 scoops ) suggested by bottle

gives me enough energy to lift and push my last rep .. but my mental focus feels the same

if you want something strong i suggest you take 1mr ( that stuff gave me a strong mental focus )

but unfortunately you can only get the old formula from the states
Old 08-31-2011, 02:27 AM   #271
I bringith the lowerballerith

new formula 1mr was my first pre, 1 scoop not leveled off, over an 1hr after food, 30 mins before gym, and i feel little to nothing, might try 1.5-2+scoops.. i know forsure this is my first and last preworkout
Posted via RS Mobile
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 AM   #272

i was told not to take a full scoop or something of 1mr but i did it anyways and it gave me a huge burst i thought, all my lifts when up for about a good week but after that i found it stopped working for me.

im debating whether i should pick up a creatine and a weight gainer such as a mono creatine and like quickmass or if i should just pick up something like this:
Ultimate Nutrition Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #273
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
how about pick up some heavy ass weights, and eat more real whole foods.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #274

Why's it when u ask help about a supp ppl give the same answer lol nvm I guess made a mistake asking pretty sure big guys that lift more than us both take supps.
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #275
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
i was told not to take a full scoop or something of 1mr but i did it anyways and it gave me a huge burst i thought, all my lifts when up for about a good week but after that i found it stopped working for me.

im debating whether i should pick up a creatine and a weight gainer such as a mono creatine and like quickmass or if i should just pick up something like this:
Ultimate Nutrition Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer
what im planning to do it use that exact same weight gainer, add another creatine source, and BCAA, fish oil and multi vitamins, should be good to go, diet properly and boom
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote