REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/members-support-area-suggestions-box-website-bugs_99/)
-   -   [SUGGESTION] Minimum 25 post count to post/create thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/640083-%5Bsuggestion%5D-minimum-25-post-count-post-create-thread.html)

jeedee 03-14-2011 06:59 PM

[SUGGESTION] Minimum 25 post count to post/create thread

I'm sick of seeing all these dumbasses every day in the B&S section:

- Without 25 posts and creating threads
- Posting a thread title in caps when the rules says "DO NOT POST TITLE IN CAPS"
- Bumping threads with the stupidest posts ever like:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...70&postcount=3

A solution IMO would be to implement a minimum of 25 posts to:

- Create a thread
- Post in a thread [if it's possible, disable other users posting in an OP's thread]
- Possibly to "activate" the PM function until a user has 25 posts?

However, there will be some desperate people who will spam the fun and games section and the simple solution would be to just report them for spamming. Simple.

Thoughts/comments?

SoulCrusher 03-14-2011 07:52 PM

I absolutely agree with this. It would negate any potential spam and garbage threads and duplicate accounts where someone needs to make a thread to make a point or bash another member.

Rather than 25, I'd much rather see it be a 100.

MindBomber 03-14-2011 07:59 PM

I'd would be a huge supporter of that idea.

blueworm 03-14-2011 11:56 PM

this isnt a great plan at all, because there will be a large amount of people posting useless posts inorder to meet the 25 post quota.

Jgresch 03-14-2011 11:59 PM

make it a join date thing as well then. Like 1 month on the site... so it doesn't matter if they post whore, they still have to wait.

jeedee 03-15-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueworm (Post 7344679)
this isnt a great plan at all, because there will be a large amount of people posting useless posts inorder to meet the 25 post quota.

Agreed, however we could just report them for spamming and the mods will take care of them.
Posted via RS Mobile

!Aznboi128 03-15-2011 07:18 AM

honestly iirc we did this before didnt work well we had people bumping other threads and posting basically crap for no reason

MrGoodbar 03-15-2011 02:56 PM

Maybe try having a probationary period?? 5 days and all they can view is the rules threads. Those who are serials about posting serial questions will wait it out. Illiterate wouldbe trolololls will get fed up and leave.

At least that way, if they get banned you'll know they didn't read the rules.

Greenstoner 04-05-2011 01:00 PM

make it 500 posts min and 3 months join date like all job probation

legit 04-05-2011 03:38 PM

Yeah, there's rules there for a reason. Can they not read? Every fucking two days or so, I see a dumbass bumping old shit from like two years ago. Pisses me off. I also agree with blueworm; if you tell them they need to meet the 25 min post, they just go in the 'New Post' section, randomly posting shit, getting to 25. Ever since I told some people that you require a min of 25 posts, they go on writing shit like 'bump' on OTHER people's threads in the B&S forum, and also posting shit that's off topic to the thread.

CRS 04-06-2011 09:20 AM

With the implementation of the new b&s (...soon?) this will not be a problem.

tiger_handheld 04-06-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodbar (Post 7345547)
Maybe try having a probationary period?? 5 days and all they can view is the rules threads. Those who are serials about posting serial questions will wait it out. Illiterate wouldbe trolololls will get fed up and leave.

At least that way, if they get banned you'll know they didn't read the rules.

Why can't I thank you in support section? THANKS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7378023)
With the implementation of the new b&s (...soon?) this will not be a problem.

What is this new B & S everyone speaks of? Share like wikileaks :)

!Aznboi128 04-06-2011 09:48 AM

Will not share all I can say is it's awesome.
Posted via RS Mobile