REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Places to eat in surrey (https://www.revscene.net/forums/640640-places-eat-surrey.html)

saveth 03-29-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinoy_Crx (Post 7363210)
Tnt i. Surrey central is good for cheap eating
Posted via RS Mobile

I'm sorry but the surrey central location is the worst one for cooked food. I live 2'minutes away and I drive the extra distqnce to the guildford location.
Posted via RS Mobile

Neoxphuse 03-29-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabisashimi (Post 7366079)
is tokachi owned and operated by japanese ?

Yes. Definitely try it. I love it there.

vitaminG 03-29-2011 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoxphuse (Post 7365997)
@ vitamin - but how much are their donairs?

Try Tasty Sweets for Indian Food. They moved to a new location, so I'm not sure yet.

Central City is terrible I heard, cannot remember if I actually went there or not.

Donairs are like $5-7, theyre a bit more expensive but way better toppings, central city had pretty good food last few times i was there which is in the last year

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7366009)
is that the sandwich nazi ???

@Neoxphuse

i would rather go to guildford station than central city anyday

sandwhich nazi is different although that should be added to the list

La Charcuterie AKA sandwhich Nazi - Roughly one pound of whatever coldcuts and cheese he feels like giving you for $6-7 depending on how much he feels like charging you. All accompanied by filthy humour, there is a sign on the door warning you. In port kells near about 190 and 96th ave in a complex on the south side. Here is a picture of a sandwhich i ate once, im a pretty big eater and i could only manage half.

Attachment 5230

quasi 03-29-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7366009)
is that the sandwich nazi ???

No, he's in Port Kells.

gdoh 03-31-2011 09:48 AM

whats the best korean bbq in surrey or close to surrey??

vitaminG 04-01-2011 04:30 PM

drove way out of my way to the sanwhich nazi today and the guy was out of fucking bread.

So I ended up going to b'witched on 152 and #10 (southeast corner, in the big ridge complex) and they had a damn good sandwhich, spicy Cubano, and she ended up giving me a free couscous, a bag of muffins, and a large homemade granola bar. I'd say its worth trying out.

Armind 04-02-2011 02:09 AM

Hanako for sushi

Pho Vinh for pho and other viet dishes (comparable to pho tam and pho tau bay) also, the owner of Pho Vinh is the original owner of Kim Hoang 10+ years ago before being sold.

Not sure the name of the restaurant but in the same plaza as Pho Vinh, there's a korean restaurant. Pretty good food there too

Tay Do for nammer subs

Lee Yuen for chinese

Those are the usual places i go to.

Who ever mentioned il uk jo, that place is garbage.

XinLoiBby 04-02-2011 06:29 PM

If you want to travel a bit further to South Surrey / White Rock area . Try Beansprout Bubbletea House . It's on King George Blvd and 148 . It's a Vietnamese Cafe with Bubble Tea and specialty coffee .

Liquid_o2 04-03-2011 08:54 PM

Finally got to try a banh mi from Henlong Market on 104th and 144th.

Wow so good! I'm no expert, but their roasted pork banh mi was probably top 3 out of all the ones I have tried.

So I would add Henlong Market on the list if you are lookin for a good viet sub.

Supafly 04-04-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 (Post 7374041)
Finally got to try a banh mi from Henlong Market on 104th and 144th.

Wow so good! I'm no expert, but their roasted pork banh mi was probably top 3 out of all the ones I have tried.

So I would add Henlong Market on the list if you are lookin for a good viet sub.

yeah, their banh mi is good for the suburbs.:)