REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   In a bad position (long read) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/640828-bad-position-long-read.html)

Oscar_Binswood 03-23-2011 02:50 AM

In a bad position (long read)

Thanks for all the replies!

Drow 03-23-2011 03:36 AM

don't know how to say this to you bro, but when the girl is at that stage where shes doubting her feelings towards you and if you can sense that strange vibe off her, they've probably done a lot of thinking to reinforce their doubts of the relationship.

ive heard that a girl's action and choices are strongly affected by their emotions. if they feel a certain way about something, their emotions override their reasoning and logic.

best advice for you is to prepare to move on. dont expect things to go back to what they used to be. if you choose to keep pursuing this relationship, your best action is no action at all. tell her you accept her decisions, and don't look back. sometimes people dont realize what they have till its gone. if she wants this relationship to work, she would proactively try to fix it. no point in you doing anything.

these are one of burdens of dating someone young. they are at an age where they want to have fun. they want to meet new people, experience new things. if there is a conflict of interest between the two of you regarding these matters, it usually doesnt work out.

i wish you the best of luck.

Meowjin 03-23-2011 03:37 AM

wow she cancelled her exchange because you told her too.

I stopped reading there. sounds like a trainwreck

Meowjin 03-23-2011 03:39 AM

and you seem clingy. No wonder why she lost interest.

Stop acting like a little bitch. Because that's all your sounding like right now.

Grow a pair, and know when to end it. Did you get all whiney when you caught her "cheating"?

SkinnyPupp 03-23-2011 03:46 AM

The fact that you went all the way over there because you're that insecure leads me to believe this was pretty much meant to be. Guys aren't supposed to be that clingy... Move on, and hopefully the next time you get a gf you will have learnt some lessons about giving her space. Most of all don't read their fucken private message apps!

Oscar_Binswood 03-23-2011 04:05 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

To answer some of your questions:

No I didn't get "whiny" when I found out. I was pissed, had a nice little "chat" with her friend and proceeded to not talk to her. I didn't want to see her at all. She was the proactive one, and made an effort to try to fix things. I met someone new at that point, but things didn't work out on my part.

I didn't come all this way because I'm insecure. I came all this way because we've always planned to do Europe together one way or another. I didn't enforce my presence on her, I would've gladly not spent the money to come if I knew she felt this way. Instead, she was the one booking trips to various destinations before I even arrived.

Also, I'm not a creep who intentionally looks through peoples messages. As soon as I got internet access from the hotel, sent skype messages started to pop up.

Again, thanks for the replies. I think I got the advice I needed... I'll be back packing around Europe before heading home =)

SkinnyPupp 03-23-2011 04:19 AM

If you wanted to do Europe, you shouldn't have imposed yourself on her time of self discovery... Go do your own trip instead.

Meowjin 03-23-2011 01:50 PM

dude you harrassed her about about some stupid girl talk. If I was the girl I would probably tell you to shutup and mind your own fucking business.