REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Closest you've been with death

Share any past experiences where you could have died if not for ______ .

I`ll start off

I was riding my bike (elementary school days) down a very steep hill, suddenly I lost control and crashed into the middle of a very busy street but my friend was there and quickly pulled me off and onto the side walk before the cars almost crashed into me. I only ended up with bandages wrapped around both my arms, legs, and face.

Hopefully hasn't been posted before, I searched though didn't find anything.
Advertisement
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Choked on an ice cube on my birthday one year at Wendy's.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Choked on an ice cube on my birthday one year at Wendy's.
Hope you have recovered since then.
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
t-boned by a durango was lucky that it hit the center column and wasnt up a little further, ambulance were surprised that i could even walk out of the car
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Speeding along Dollarton Highway on the way to work in an Integra GSR. Was doing about 110km/hr as I was late (young and dumb) hit the ruts the buses make and hydroplaned sending me into a flat spin down the road. There was a Telephone Pole and then Cement road Barriers and the way the car was spinning it just happened to slide through the middle of the 2 going backwards. I went into the ditch and hit a tree going straight backwards. When I came to my senses I was laying kind of half out the hatch of the car with rain falling on my face. The seat broke backwards and formed a sort of launch ramp that would have had me laying in the forest somewhere had my feet not caught on the lap belt part of my seatbelt. I untangled my feet rolled backwards out of the hatch and took a look at the car. The back of the car was folded around the tree and the back bumper was touching the rear seats. I climbed out of the ditch and some guy was there and he asked if I was ok and that he had already called the ambulance. When the fire truck got there they said "Where's the Dead Guy?" I waved and said "Right here." They were dumbfounded how I was able to walk away without a scratch on me.

Now I'm paranoid as shit driving in the rain.

Berz out.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
holy shit that gave me goose bumps
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
when i was 14, i was roller blading down windsor street to marine drive to go to the gas station on fraser and marine.. as i was rolling down the hill and i picked up so much speed..when i tried to brake my right rubber brake broke off and couldnt stop any more since i was going down pretty fast. so i decided to hop onto the sidewalk and grabbed a light pole.

other than major bruise on my arm from stopping myself to go into traffic ,and a pair of fucked up blades, i would have been in a major accident involving cars.

holy shit..
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,806 Times in 215 Posts
in grade 4, i was chasing my friend in the classroom and all of a sudden I tripped and hit my head on one of the desk legs (which had sharp points at the bottom). I remember seeing a spotch of blood on the floor, another classmate carrying me to the principal's office, then me somehow ending up in a hospital.. afterwards i found out i have stitches in my forehead

Another one was when i was driving my bike and I sped up to go across a crosswalk, and with the corner of my eye I see a van coming. The van then fricking hits my bike at about 20km? (it was in a school zone.) And luckily in that moment i did a martial arts dive as fast as i could and rolled onto the cement floor.. fucking driver doesn't even stop to apologize, or help me out, and there went my $300 bike
AlphaKappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
One time, I asked this girl out and she said no.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,050 Times in 551 Posts
abt 2 years ago... it was raining pretty hard, i was taking the exit from knight st on to alderbridge (going from vancouver to richmond), as I try to merge to the left lane, as the right inside lane eventually leads to an exit, my car hydroplaned and did a full 180, now I am facing the wrong way of traffic in the middle of 3 lanes while cars going pass me in the rain at like 80-90KM/hr all the while i was in a 96 corolla with no air bags...
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

BF was driving me to UBC in a Honda Si on 41st. The lights at Angus had just turned green when we reached the intersection so we just kept going. Some guy pushed his luck, ran his stop sign and made a left turn as soon when we got into the intersection. Had my bf not swerved a little to the left to try to avoid a full on t-bone... who knows what would've happened. The other car hit my side right behind my seat, and we spun out and my bf's side hit another car headon. The Si was totalled, but we walked away with matching nasty bruises on our arms and whip lash.

Interesting fact: there's now a barrier at that intersection.
babybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
close to? i was over it.
when i was younger, we got rear side ended, our car went in a 360. our car crashed into the railing of the overpass by still creek mcdicks.
half our car was over the edge, above the grass on the bottom, about 15 meters up.
i was in the front seat (i was old enough), our car didnt tip over.
had our car fallen, we wouldve landed upside down 15meters below, all of us being dead.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
got hit by a car at 30-40 km an hour

sore knee for 4 weeks limped for 6 weeks no structual damage.

the car got fucked up worse than I did
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #14
Circle Stick Square Mod

friend was chopping fire wood with an axe, it slipped out of his hands, and hit me, lucky it was the blunt end.(hit my spine almost)

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #15
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
almost got hit by a car when i was little (literally did some crazy matrix shit and barely dodged it)

buddy was going preety fast on the highway after paintball and one of his tires blew(managed to safely pull over and the tire was straight shredded/fucked)

was on a roller coaster ride in vietnam and the seatbelt came off as were inclining up for the big drop

ones i can remember so far
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #16
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Driving on the freeway in Japan for the first time, on my first day driving there. The signs there are very obscure (and there are no signs for merging lanes) so I was just leaving the toll area onto the freeway. I didn't realize I was even on a merging lane at the time, and next thing I know I am a few feet away from being smoked by a big truck. He didn't honk or anything...

Luckily although I was being stupid, I was able to react quickly enough to avoid a collision.

I wasn't scared until later that night when we talked about what happened... How close we were to getting smoked at high speed still kind of freaks me out
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #17
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
this one time a forklift driver with about 8-12 palletboards didnt see me while he was driving, when he finally saw me he stopped JUST in front of me and the pallets almost fell on me
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #18
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Looking back on it and understanding the condition better I was in no real danger but at the time I was pretty freaked out. Last year I underwent major surgery on my legs to correct my chronic exertional compartment syndrome and had bilateral simultaneous fasciotomies done. When I came out of anesthesia I was surrounded by people telling me to try to cough and take as deep of breaths as possible, I was being wheeled around on my stretcher to get x-rays of my chest and whatnot. When I tried to ask what was going on I was given the extremely short answer of "part of your lungs have collapsed" which terrified me because I was having trouble breathing and while I kept trying to take deep breaths and remember to cough I kept fading in and out and in my doped up state was pretty sure that I was going to die. Turns out that acute postoperative atelectasis is fairly common and that with the massive amount of supplementary oxygen I was getting it was just a matter of time before I recovered, but for the first several hours (felt like days) in recovery I was pretty sure that I was doomed.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

every time i drink and drive

one time we were racing and i was a bit tipsy may be around 6 drinks within 2 hours, but that was in burnaby so it's not that bad
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #20
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
one time we were racing and i was a bit tipsy may be around 6 drinks within 2 hours, but that was in burnaby so it's not that bad
lol wut
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

burnaby traffic is pretty easy to maneuver around at night if u stay away from kingsway, we use to always race from one place to another for the bar tab
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #22
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
every time i drink and drive

If you're being serious, you need to wake the fuck up before you kill someone.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #23
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
burnaby traffic is pretty easy to maneuver around at night if u stay away from kingsway, we use to always race from one place to another for the bar tab
I hope you get your license taken away before you hurt someone
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #24
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

last summer, jacked up my car with the OEM jack....took the rear wheel off and decided to have a quick visual inspection of the struts and camber arms...as I got out and stood up, the jack failed and the car came crashing down...one of those "I'd be dead" moments.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #25
Meow

^^
Similar to yours. I was changing the oil on my car and switching out a flat. So i was parked in the church across the street lot. I was to lazy to get the huge jack. I used my oem jack. Jacked my car up. Went under, undid the oil bolt and the oil filter. I heard a creaky noise. Pulled my headout quickly. Jack tipped over because it was on uneven grounds. Car hit the floor hard with my head 5inches away.

Another time was my friends birthday at his house. It was just mutual friends and it went we'll then someone called their older buddies. I was pretty much trying to stop a fight between these two guys when a third guy came in shooting. The bullet went passed me and into the guy i was holding back leg. Everyone ran after the shot. Someone stole my brandnew nike shox. Worst party ever
Posted via RS Mobile
Araaadi is offline   Reply With Quote