REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Where to buy premium Salmon (https://www.revscene.net/forums/641756-where-buy-premium-salmon.html)

skiiipi 04-02-2011 10:20 AM

Where to buy premium Salmon

Hey guys,

From some readings online, the "richest" (highest in fat content) salmon is the Yukon River King Salmon, however I never see any of those in the typical grocery stores.

I was wondering where might one acquire some of these Yukon River King salmons locally. There are plenty of places that sell them online, but I am old fashioned, and still prefer to buy food in person.

Thanks in advance!
Posted via RS Mobile

TekDragon 04-02-2011 02:48 PM

I'd try to locate a fish monger locally and see if they have any ideas. They may be able to import it in for you.

brokentelephone 04-02-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7372216)
Hey guys,

From some readings online, the "richest" (highest in fat content) salmon is the Yukon River King Salmon, however I never see any of those in the typical grocery stores.

I was wondering where might one acquire some of these Yukon River King salmons locally. There are plenty of places that sell them online, but I am old fashioned, and still prefer to buy food in person.

Thanks in advance!
Posted via RS Mobile

Give the fishmongers at Granville Island a call -- the shop at the 1st entrance to the market called Seafood City a try as they had many different types of salmon when i was there last.

XinLoiBby 04-02-2011 06:22 PM

Granville City or North Vancouver by the Sea Bus . There's a marketplace / mall there .

Culverin 04-03-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 7372216)
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
Posted via RS Mobile

If you're looking in your typical grocery stores, you are very far off the mark. They carry farmed atlantic. The absolute opposite of what you want. As the other guys said, call up the local fish mongers. Keep in mind, it might not be in season.

skiiipi 04-03-2011 02:37 AM

Yea I emailed brian at seafood city, and he says he doesn't carry any yukon king salmons, the closest he has are copper river kings.

Guess I'll settle for those for now. But still want to try these Yukon River Kings if I ever come across them.

Thanks RS for the help!
Posted via RS Mobile