REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #26
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
if you value your cars paint and don't want swirls, opt for no wash. if it doesn't matter to you then go for it, it's part of the deal anyway!
Except there have been many times where they still washed my car. Not at this dealership, but I'm sure this can happen.
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #27
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
Except there have been many times where they still washed my car. Not at this dealership, but I'm sure this can happen.
not gonna name any names, but i think i know which dealership you're talking about pm me if you want confirmation - which i think you should

just stand around near the back. you'll see your car being taken out. run inside to your advisor that your car is done being worked on and that you'll be on your way

like i said, if you appreciate your swirl free paint finish, the effort will be worth it
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
how many did you guys buy ?

i am tempted to buy 10... but 150 bucks ..

Last edited by EmperorIS; 04-05-2011 at 05:59 PM.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

damn... non synthetic only
Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

doesnt say it includes oil filter hehe
imp>dom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp>dom View Post
Already answered by post #18
Old 04-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #32

Quote:
it does you tard
Old 04-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
it does you tard
wow what a genius you are. proud of you.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #34

Quote:
wow what a genius you are. proud of you.
i'm not a genius just not fucking blind or retarded
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #35

its obvious you are not

thx TS for posting this
Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #36
Need to Seek Professional Help

Took my car in for service the other day. The attitude from the service guys alone makes me regret purchasing the oil change. One guy was waving my"Coupon" to the next guy as if saying "look, it's another one of them cheap bastards". I don't believe they even said hi, and no smile whatsoever.

Exterior of the car was ok clean, but you can tell they probably spent less than 10 minutes washing. floor/carpet was still dirty near the corners, and I am not talking about hard to get corners. I doubt they actually spent any time with the "30-point" inspection either.

With the environmental Levy and Tax, the total comes to about $21.25 ($15 coupon + $6.25 tax+levy).

My conclusion is, if you have an hour of free time, do the oil change yourself (including buying oil+filter). I bought 4 tickets/coupons originally, and am now considering selling the other 3 if anyone is interested.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #37

I went to their part & service department twice last year for purchase parts.
The young gentleman never smile or say hi.
All he did was stucking in his high chair
Old 04-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #38
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Won't it be more effective to let the coupon vendor know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-Jo View Post
Took my car in for service the other day. The attitude from the service guys alone makes me regret purchasing the oil change. One guy was waving my"Coupon" to the next guy as if saying "look, it's another one of them cheap bastards". I don't believe they even said hi, and no smile whatsoever.

Exterior of the car was ok clean, but you can tell they probably spent less than 10 minutes washing. floor/carpet was still dirty near the corners, and I am not talking about hard to get corners. I doubt they actually spent any time with the "30-point" inspection either.

With the environmental Levy and Tax, the total comes to about $21.25 ($15 coupon + $6.25 tax+levy).

My conclusion is, if you have an hour of free time, do the oil change yourself (including buying oil+filter). I bought 4 tickets/coupons originally, and am now considering selling the other 3 if anyone is interested.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #39

LOLz i guess my beater will be getting a bath... It has not had a bath since 2007.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #40
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:

thanks for the heads up. i was going to buy a few of these (since an oil filter alone is 10 bucks) and see if i could bring in my own oil but after reading, i'd rather just do it myself
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #41
I STILL don't get it

it would be great to post this on the deal discussion if you could RE-Jo

i have had a experience with Social Shopper where a large number of people complained about a deal that many purchased for Zen Chinese restaurant and Social Shopper offered refunds no questions asked to those who have not used the coupon

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Won't it be more effective to let the coupon vendor know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-Jo

asdfpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #42
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:

Sound like real assholes, wouldn't want these guys working on my car if I was to get it serviced by the dealer. Let this be a notice to you Subaru dealers watching this thread!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #43

I just posted on the deal discussion page.
I will probably get a "what do you expect for $15!" reply :P
Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #44
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

thats why they have the lowest customer satisfaction % out of all the Subaru dealers in the lower mainland.
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #45
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
and just as an interesting fact, a block down is Kia Richmond who offers all makes oil changes for $29.99.

kinda shooting themselves in the foot as both of these dealerships have the same owner
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #46

damn i just bought 6
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #47

There is nothing wrong with the oil change (at least not yet :P). You do save some time having other people change the oil for you.
I am just saying the service is bad enough to make me think twice about recommending this deal to my friends.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #48
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
thats why they have the lowest customer satisfaction % out of all the Subaru dealers in the lower mainland.
yeah... told me to come another time when they're not busy for a test drive cuz they only had one salesman last time I went.
so i never went back
kyoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #49
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
^ That's just coz you sound like 100% you aren't looking at a new car (test drive while changine oil...well if you are going to buy a car why change oil on the old one?)

Anyway here's my 2 cents I just brought the eccentricorolla in for an oil change and either they read this post or someone in the management did.

It's actually rather good. Douglas the advisor treated me with respect and the mech pointed out mechanical faults on my car in very reasonable fashion, this is what the report says

1. coolant reservoir full of water (yes I know)
2. engine check light on (yes that too)
3. driveshaft at an extreme angle (News to me, but I'll look under the car again to see if it's really that outrageous....my Mitsubishi also had an odd angle center shaft and it drove fine.)
4. front tires at 2/32 requiring replacement soon, rear is 6/32 (I'm thinking to rotate them because the rear has no camber angle the rear will benefit from the meaty tread still available on the outer half of the front tires)
5. no horn (I don't know it did go meep meep just now when I pressed it)
6. no reverse light (I didn't wire it up, lol)

And then I watched them wash the car.....to be honest it's still a bit dirty but they did wash it....soap brush spray, you know, the typical dealership carwash...

Vacuum job is not bad actually, I watched them do it...the only complaint is they wouldn't vac my trunk carpet lol....but other cars wouldn't have this problem I assume.

not too bad I think....$15 for all that service. Free filter and oil for a car wash and vac basically.

At least when you have an interesting car the mech like to have a chat with you lol. He says I should put in a Hondata to get rid of the engine check light... and maybe some fab work to put the center driveshaft carrier bearing higher up to correct the rake angle of the driveshaft... But then he is a Honda guy haha.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #50

So you were there during the whole process?
I dropped mine off and picked the car up after work.
No one talked to me regarding anything on the inspection...