REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #26
I STILL don't get it

Just nod and smile. I had a friend like that, there's a reason we don't talk anymore.. It's creepy how she would lie just about everything. She went MIA for a few months and made up a story about going to Cali for school.

Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

One time a few years back, Michael jackson went to my house to use the bathroom
ajei is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Judging by your examples your friend's just protecting his pride. Personally I would like people to be upfront about everything but some people like to rectify their mistakes on their own. I doubt anyone would feel good after being dumped and laid off and your friend here could possibly be hiding it so he doesn't look so terrible. Give it some time and if you're really friendly and understanding about it, your friend will probably tell you the truth.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #29

I had a friend I knew for over a good 5+ years, and for the time I've known him hes always been constantly bragging/BSing about himself. Ex) getting girls, owning mansions, having nice cars, etc etc. Whenever I wanted to go to his house to check out his mansion, cars, etc he always had some lame excuse for me not to go there... So basically, whenever he brags/BSes i just ignore him, and laugh. Thats the best thing you can do, let him brag/BS but just simply dont pay attention to it and let him try to act cool, he'll probably get tired of it soon if you pay it no attention.
Vieet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #30
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia! View Post
The following post is from an anonymous member. If she would like to reply to any replies please pm me.

I have been friends with this guy for probably close to 5-6 years now, since then we've hung out once in a while. In the last couple years we've become much better friends, hanging out a couple times a month now. Since the last couple years I've noticed he tends to exagerate/lie, and I know this for a fact because his ex would confirm some of the things he would say aren't true. I would rather not give specific examples, but theyre things that he's done or could do. At first it didnt bother me, because I figured what he said was harmless, but I've been starting to question what stuff he says is actually true.

What would you guys do? Would you confront him?
everyone knows people like this, simple solution is to tell them to shut the fuck up.
Posted via RS Mobile
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

just saying, some compulsive liars may in fact actually have a mental disorder. what comes to mind is borderline personality disorder but this is an extreme case. some people are just generally liars and hopefully they can change.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #32
I bringith the lowerballerith

i always call them out."dont bullshit," etc; but they are my life long buddies
but even with 'regular' friends, i will logically argue/ask certain questions and make them realize that I/We know he is bullshitting. if you meet them often and keep doing this, eventually they get the point LOL.

but i seldom do this with girls/mutual friends because i cant tolerate it and prefer to just not meet them again instead of puttin in the effort.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

I just put on a smile and pretend I believe them. Ask some follow up questions that follow the logic of their lie. And eventually, they'll end up contradicting them selves--or have to make up more lies in order to compensate for that contradiction

I believe if they arn't family or a super close friend, they arn't worth trying to expose because ultimately you want to help them not humiliate them.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

People that lie to try to make themselves feel important are people I do not associate with.

There is nothing worse then being in a public setting and having a friend coming off like an ass to potential business clients, or other potential good friends.

I cut loose a few friends over the years because I was tired of the BS.

Some of my best friends are against everything I stand for, but they don't lie or BS where they are in life.
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

lol i had a guy friend lying all the time too! Saying he works there and goes to this school and tried so hard by making a fake school acceptance in a mail when i saw his pictures and files on his desktop... even though he lied a lot, he is trying to protect his pride and inside i know it. But in reality, it does not hurt me. I just smile and nod but S in my head. Great friend though but I just never ask him questions because he "always" want to be "right"
dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i call them out on it and usually try to piss them off...haha and then i stop hangin out with them....coz its not worth my time......
terryjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I think everyone has a "friend" like that. Or at least everyone should -- it teaches you how to detect bullshit. But it could get really awkward to call them out on it, especially if it's someone you've known for a long time. Or worse yet, if you're related to them. The sad thing is I can't help but feel that they think bragging/lying compulsively is what makes people like them, when it's exactly the opposite. Flaunting cash, material possessions, women they may or may not have. Who the fuck cares? Most of the time people are thinking "STFU" when they're talking anyways.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #38
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet2L View Post
I think everyone has a "friend" like that. Or at least everyone should -- it teaches you how to detect bullshit. But it could get really awkward to call them out on it, especially if it's someone you've known for a long time. Or worse yet, if you're related to them. The sad thing is I can't help but feel that they think bragging/lying compulsively is what makes people like them, when it's exactly the opposite. Flaunting cash, material possessions, women they may or may not have. Who the fuck cares? Most of the time people are thinking "STFU" when they're talking anyways.
well said mang
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote