REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 08-10-2020, 09:16 PM   #2776
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
-rude receptionist that works at my dentist's office. -loud mouth raised her voice at me when I asked on the phone if there are any Wednesday evening openings for rescheduling an appointment.

"No, we don't work late on Wednesdays!"

Once she confirmed a new appointment, for next year, I used a bit of sarcasm in saying "Thank yooooouuuuu" and hung up on her.
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2020, 01:09 PM   #2777
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Fuck, I hate commercials that include phone rings.

That fucking Hyundai ad. Text message sound. Always gets me.

FUCK YOU, Hyundai!!!!!!!!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:29 PM   #2778
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
The latest headache for me is trying to sell a vehicle and having people message you that have zero interest in buying it, they just want to ask you questions about things for their own vehicle. Stuff like "where'd you buy the lift", "why'd you pick that tune". Fuck off and figure it out yourself.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #2779
MG1

Ran out of gaffer tape. I used to get some from a buddy of mine who works at the theatre. Haven't seen him in a while, so I ordered a few rolls from amazon.

Today is Monday the 16th and the tracking progress report is stuck on Thursday, November 12th. WTF, Canada Post? Order was placed on the 5th. Amazon Prime Shipping, my ass.

Quote:
Thursday, 12 November 5:57 PM
Departure Scan

MISSISSAUGA, ON CA 3:55 PM
Arrival Scan
MISSISSAUGA, ON CA

Wednesday, 11 November 9:50 PM
Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
MISSISSAUGA, ON CA

Sunday, 8 November 8:58 AM
Arrival Scan
RICHMOND, BC CA

Friday, 6 November 1:11 AM
Package departed an Amazon facility
Mount Hope, ON CA 12:42 AM

Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Mount Hope, ON CA

Thursday, 5 November 7:15 PM
Delay in delivery due to external factors

RICHMOND, BC CA
Package has shipped

Old 11-16-2020, 01:26 PM   #2780
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Today is Monday the 16th and the tracking progress report is stuck on Thursday, November 12th. WTF, Canada Post? Order was placed on the 5th. Amazon Prime Shipping, my ass.
No couriers are guaranteeing any shipping times due to COVID. Canada Post is especially bad.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:22 PM   #2781
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
No couriers are guaranteeing any shipping times due to COVID. Canada Post is especially bad.
It's the fact it looked like it was in Richmond, then Ontario to come back to Richmond then lost somewhere in Ontario again. Or it never left?

Old 11-16-2020, 08:16 PM   #2782

^ I had a package I sent go Kelowna > Calgary> Richmond > Naniamo.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 11-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #2783
MG1

The gaffer tape arrived yesterday out of nowhere. The day they were going to refund me. I am now in the process of returning it, because I bought another one from, guess where? Amazon. And, it arrived in three days! Sent from Ontario to Richmond, then here in Burnaby.

Anyway, screw ups happen, I guess. Hard to find good help these days.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:22 PM   #2784
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
1am tuesday,

The POS above me was assulting his wife, yelling straight up mean shit at her, so i called the cops, that party ended 5 minutes after they showed up.

The wife has now not been home since tuesday, but instead, the psychopath has been stomping on purpose in shoes, running back and forth, and opening/closing the balcony door for hours between 4-11pm every day

Best part, nothing can be done since he owns the unit, never thought id have children above me

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #2785
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
When the courtesy car is nicer than the car you own. The worst part is having to give it back.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2021, 10:15 PM   #2786
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Hearing people speak with excessive uptalk (constantly ending sentences with a rising tone like a question or comma) and then being self aware that i am also doing it at times.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:39 PM   #2787

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
anyone Say Paper straws yet?.

trying to enjoy your drink and it instantly turns into a Wet Noodle.... Fuck you then i'll drink it out of the cup without the Lid.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:17 AM   #2788

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
PartsEngine.ca

Ordered a set of wheels. They have an option to do “guaranteed fitment” or the “I already checked”. Obviously I know what I’m doing, and I’m changing from the oem size so I don’t click the guaranteed fitment.

Few days go by, they send an email saying they want to know the vehicle. Fine I send the info in and say it’s an aftermarket vehicle, don’t worry about it.

Few days go by, get an email saying the warehouse is out of stock and they’re on back order. The website says they have stock, but I say fine no problem, I’ll wait.

Few days go by, get an email saying the website is wrong, they don’t have stock and now it’s discontinued. They suggest some shitty rep ‘touren’ wheels. I say no. I look up on their website and ask them to change my older from white to gold because it says they have lots in stock.

Few days go by, I get an email saying the gold is out of stock. So I ask for the matte black instead

Few days go by, I get an email saying the matte black is gone. I’ve asked to straight up cancel my order. They say it’s going to be a few days once the warehouse says they didn’t send the order. IF THEY SEND THE ORDER, LET THEM CUZ THAT MEANS YOU HAVE STOCK
Old 12-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #2789

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Was at a dealership picking up my car from service and returning a loaner, and this young couple is also returning a loaner.

Couple: "oh, by the way, someone stole the catalytic converter - just thought you should know".
Service advisor "??? wtf? Let me get my manager"
Manager: "Oh well, that sucks but it happens. Have you called the police?"
Couple: "No"
Manager: "Oh, ok. You'll need to file a police report, then get ICBC to pay for repair under your comprehensive, you'll just need to pay the deductible"
Couple: "What, why do we have to pay"
Manager: "Well, because the car was in your possession. Don't worry it won't affect your premiums"
Couple: "Yes but we don't want to pay the deductible"
Manager: "What do you mean, you can't just not pay - the car was in your possession"
Couple: "Yes, but it's your car not ours"
Manager: "But you signed the insurance waiver and transfer form"
Couple: "We weren't told this would happen, we don't want to pay"
Manager (now irritated but still professional): "That's not how it works, if we damage your car while it's in our shop, then we would pay to fix it, right?"
Couple: "Yes, but we still don't want to pay"
Manager: "So that means if you were to crash the car into a tree you still wouldn't pay??"
Couple: "That's different, this wasn't our fault. What if you give us the money to pay the deductible"

At this point I'm openly staring in disbelief, like how fucking thick does your face need to be where your entire argument is "I don't want to pay". Like fuck people, come on.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2021, 05:09 PM   #2790

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
It’s attitudes like that which is why I don’t work in a tire shop anymore. It’s mental
Old 12-22-2021, 06:39 PM   #2791
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,980 Times in 1,896 Posts
People who giggle or snicker after every other sentence. Is this like a condition or something like an impediment?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:58 PM   #2792

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coneZONE View Post
Hearing people speak with excessive uptalk (constantly ending sentences with a rising tone like a question or comma) and then being self aware that i am also doing it at times.
This is every single Australian person lol.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
This is every single Australian person lol.
i dunno what it is, but i'm ok with that haha. Maybe it's the infrequency of hearing someone Australian speak, but with the Canadian/American accent it just sounds so basic and annoying
Old 12-29-2021, 09:15 AM   #2794

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
As I have gotten older, started to realize how stupid New Years Goals/Resolutions are. Like shit doesn't change by a flip of a calendar year from 2021 -> 2022. See shit like, "don't waste time living someone's life", but you work a job for them (than why you even working a job in the first place for someone LOL), makes no fucking sense.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2022, 09:29 AM   #2795

So Monday the 3rd was our garbage pickup, I didn't think it was a recycling week but a bunch of my neighbours had their recycling out too so I put ours out there just in case. A truck rolls by, snags the recycling and the recycling next door, but when it comes back the other way it's taking the garbage cans on the other side of the street. Turns out it's only garbage that week and buddy wasn't paying attention or something and grabbed the wrong stuff. No big deal, shit happens, but I call the company and leave a message saying what happened. No response. Leave another message. No response. Tuesday I email them and get a generic message saying to just leave the bins out and they'll send a truck by. Thursday, still no truck, I email back asking for an ETA on that truck. No response. Saturday I forward the emails to the district who hired these guys asking wtf I'm supposed to do with an extra week of garbage and nowhere to put it? They give me some generic bs about snow and say they'll contact the company. Ok sure.

Monday rolls around again, the trucks pick up the correct bins this time and my wife and I joke that we should rush out and refill the garbage can in case they're stupid enough to send the extra truck right after the regular one. We don't, and guess what happens. Without bothering to tell us anything they sent a second truck a couple hours after the first one, who of course saw nothing and left. I still haven't heard anything back from anyone, and I still have a bunch of bags of garbage in my garage.

Fuck people who just give you lip service and fuck people who don't fix mistakes properly. Mistakes happen, that's life and not a big deal, but how you handle those mistakes matters.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-14-2022, 10:25 AM   #2796

^At this rate, if you commute to work, just take a small bag to work and dispose of it at work or if you got buddies that live in condos, just dispose of it at their common garbage bin LOL.

At my last job when I had to commute to office, there was a big garbage bin right by the door entrance of the parking lot. I always had extra small bag of garbage (Vancouver does garbage every 2 weeks), so I would just bring it with me to work and put in the garbage bin right when I entered the building.

But yeah shit happens and many don't own up to the responsibility. See way too many situations where people just blame someone or something. People are fucking pussies these days, just finding ways to "duck" out of situations.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2022, 07:10 AM   #2797

My patience level driving these days are off the roof. I don't really mind people driving slow, but please ensure you do so when cars aren't behind you. Almost weekly encounter some fucktard driving 40km/hr on the main roads (mind you this isn't even rush hour time, it's like 10pm at night when no traffic exists). Could be that you are looking for parking or finding the uber drop off spot, its all fine, but at least have the courtesy to get the fuck outta the way. Then people get upset they get honked at, thinking they didn't do anything wrong........
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2022, 10:04 PM   #2798
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,419 Times in 917 Posts
Someone slapped their hazards on the main road on Kingsway today at 7:00PM traffic by beefway meats and just got out of the car to pick up takeout !?!??!

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2022, 01:18 PM   #2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Someone slapped their hazards on the main road on Kingsway today at 7:00PM traffic by beefway meats and just got out of the car to pick up takeout !?!??!
See that kind of shit so much now especially with uber eats and similar services. If the fucking signs says No Stopping it means No Stopping. Not get out of your car with the hazards for your own convenience “i’ll just be a few secs”
Old 03-07-2022, 03:08 PM   #2800
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
Just lay on the horn and embarrass them or shame them into moving.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: